Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mrs Doubtfire Moment

My Mrs Doubtfire Moment

I rarely get read these days, so when it happens it comes as a shock: the other day I was at Penney’s when I passed two teenage girls and one of them said behind my back, “Mrs. Doubtfire!” I don’t know what offended me more: being read, or being compared to an elderly woman!

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    You can never tell with peoples comments, seems a strange thing to call a TV/CD you have read?

Once when I was out, I was called a fat cow by an ignorant young prat, little did he relise he actually made my day, he saw me as for how I was presenting, and not for being a large guy in womans clothes.

Mrs Doubtfire is a very strange term to use?
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Mrs. Doubtfire might mean that they read you. That seems to be a very odd choice. But who really knows and, when it comes down to it, who really cares what they think?

That's how I took it too...so I kept on shopping, and my confidence was restored after I bought a wrap and a wallet to go with my new purse, no big deal.

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_Victoria View Post
    You can never tell with peoples comments, seems a strange thing to call a TV/CD you have read?

Once when I was out, I was called a fat cow by an ignorant young prat, little did he relise he actually made my day, he saw me as for how I was presenting, and not for being a large guy in womans clothes.

Mrs Doubtfire is a very strange term to use?
    Even though the teenage girls were being rude, it is not unusual to hear "Mrs. Doubtfire" being applied to a transgendered person. In case you are not familiar, Mrs. Doubtfire was a movie in which Robin Williams played an actor that had to dresss/pretend that he was an elderly woman so that he could see his kids after he was denied visitation rights when he and his wife were divorced.

I agree with windycissy though that I'd be more hurt to be compared to Mrs. Doubtfire because of the age of the character, not just because it is a TG character.
    [SIZE=3]Life is what you make it.[/SIZE]

You may be read by many people but teenage girls will usually be the first to make a comment. I know that I don't pass but I hardly ever hear any comments.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I really do not care what anyone thinks as long as I am happy with myself.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Coming from a teen I wouldn't worry about it hun
    Angie

Well, they'll definitely read you at Carson Pirie Scott where they ask for ID when you pay credit card! I'll always get read there!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Well, they'll definitely read you at Carson Pirie Scott where they ask for ID when you pay credit card! I'll always get read there!
    Here's the cure for that: when you're in guy mode, use your credit card to buy yourself a Visa gift card, which you can then use anywhere like a credit card without ID...or, pay cash!

I like Windy Cissy idea I useally use cash my self. It is easier and have no problems asking for ID or anything.

Cissy,

Remember in the movie when Mrs D through the orange at the guy and when he turned around she said "Oh, I saw the whole thing sir, it was a drive by fruiting!!" That's what you should have done!

Krissy

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    I rarely get read these days, so when it happens it comes as a shock: the other day I was at Penney’s when I passed two teenage girls and one of them said behind my back, “Mrs. Doubtfire!” I don’t know what offended me more: being read, or being compared to an elderly woman!
    Well, being told you look like Dustin Hoffman... that would bother me!
    So I turned myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse
    Of how the others must see the faker,I'm much too fast to take that test.
    And these children you spit on, as they try to change their worlds,
    Are immune to your consultation, They're quite aware of what they're going thru!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes David Bowie

[SIZE="1"]by Cara Allen[/SIZE]Cara

Quote Originally Posted by Cara Allen View Post
    Well, being told you look like Dustin Hoffman... that would bother me!
    Actually, I think it was Robin Williams...this is the outfit I was wearing at the mall, look like an elderly nanny to you?

Nope, you look like a very classy lady!Teen girls have to be the toughest test!--I had a rare day off a couple of weeks ago,but had to be "back" by 3 pm--so I was kind of hurried.We had a day near 50 degrees, so I went out for a quick drive, and walk.Wasn't by best effort at dressing, but who cares, I'm goin out rite? As luck would have it, I kept running into groups of high school girls at bus stops,and lets just say there was no fooling them!But as I walked up to them, I knew it was coming,and you just have to shake it off,and smile.Just makes you stronger,and a little e-z'er the next time.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Gold Member
    Doesn't matter how you dress or look - Somethingteen girls will judge and often comment. There isn't much way around that. They are insecure themselves and want others to share that insecurity.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Mrs. Who?

Another good reason for me to stay in the closet!
    I think I look exactly like Mrs. Fryer with out a doubt! Rite?
    Don't need anyone else pushing it in my face!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

joann426

hi every one not to get off the subject but does any one here know about shaving therebottoms i did and the prickly hairs do hurt when you sit on it does any one knoe what to do with this problem or just leve it grow back

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    Actually, I think it was Robin Williams...
    Nope. It's Dustin Hoffman. Sorry, dear! (smile) However, you DO look more like CYNDI Williams... Maybe that's how she got so terribly confused....

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/movie/tootsie/
    Last edited by Cara Allen; 01-27-2008 at 04:59 PM.
    Are immune to your consultation, They're quite aware of what they're going thru!

Cheer up Cissy, they could have called you Tootsie....Jill

Tootsie was Dustin Hoffman and Mrs. Doubtfire was Robin Williams. Tootsie was sooooo long ago that I can't remember what age she portrayed. Mrs. Doubtfire was an elderly nanny. Anyway, Windy, I definitely think that those young girls were totally wrong!

Darn! And I was sooo sure that I knew what the heck I was talking about!

I was out one Saturday shopping dressed with my wife in a place called Blackpool and a couple of older ladies looked and one turned to the other and said "we do get some funny people in Blackpool"

Brilliant.

Teenage girls are the hardest test for a TV to pass if seen by them en-femme.

I can only assume that as they are very conscious of their own sexuality at that age and are also into fashion etc they look at adult women and somehow can spot tell-tale signs an older woman would either miss or ignore out of being more tolerant.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

HEY.. Whats wrong with Tootsie??
    Dear Windycisssy..
    Don't worry hun.. Kids will be just kids and doubtless not remember anything.. Keep doing what you want to and there will ALWAYS be people who accept or hate us ALWAYS! At least YOU have the gutts to go OUT enfem.. AND That says ALOT in itself! Keep it up!! I dont even have that kind of courage right now.. But maybe soon...? Maybe?
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]