Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R U the same personality, male and female?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

R U the same personality, male and female?

What I'm getting at is your personality. Many TS and TG individuals live as females full time. And many of u have been dressing and going out for many years. Most of u probably have only one personality.

But, what about those of u who dress only occasionally, and rarely or never, go out? Or anyone, when they dress?

I still feel like myself, (a very excited self), when I become Sherry. However, when I look at her pics, I see a sexy lady who is VERY different from Robert!
    Sherry is conceited and self centered. She's an exhibitionist that thinks she's all that! Of course she's also a ****, with Robert. But so is Robert. Most men r. No difference there.
    Robert tends to be shy and careless and insecure about his looks. He doesn't like showing off, or folks that do. Very different from Sherry. A GG just left a message on my/Sherry's web page. She said she was "intimidated" by Sherry! Well, I am, too! I still have a problem with the idea that Sherry is me!

Does anyone else experience a noticable personality change when u dress? Or am I just going schitzo? Help please?
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Giddy as a school girl, hun.
    Not just when dressed though. I do have some days, while dressed in plain male attire, that I still feel like a girl.
    I act very different in some ways. Will is more serious and Aeslyn just likes to have fun. Will has a very imposing... well, character in general. A commanding presence. While Aeslyn is the shy yet smiley happy girl. She sits in the corner, but is always having a good time.
    Geee, in writing this I realized for the first time how hard aeslyn is to describe.
    Basically, Will is used to being in charge cause others just seem to follow and Aeslyn is just used to being.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    male side is the tame shy version of niya less happy

I'm pretty much the same person in either mode. It's easier that way!

Man in a dress
    When I'm dressed, I'm the same person, just a lot calmer and more relaxed. Mannerisms, attitudes etc., stay the same.
    What suprises me is in drab mode my clothing is very bland and boring, but my girly collection is much more varied.
    In drab mode, I'll wear the first T-shirt and jeans that I find.
    in girly mode, I'll take ages deciding what to wear. "Does this top go with this skirt?"... in drab mode I'll just throw anything on and not worry

DJ
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls.
    It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

Now I am. Years ago, when I was Heather, I was a girly shrinking violet type. Rich has always been an easy going mellow guy. When I came "out" as Victoria, I became sort of a prima donna and somewhat self centered. I didn't like that too much, so I became Ericka who was a no nonsense tomboy. Basically what I have done is combine the best aspects of Ericka and Rich as Salandra and am always the same now personality wise no matter which mode I present in. This keeps me out of a lot of trouble from both ends of the spectrum and keeps things simpler.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have the same personality, just more beautiful as a female.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Pretty much the same in both modes. I'm still more femine in Dalece than in Dale. but still feel the woman inside me. I look better as a female than a man and have a lot of people compare my male pictures and say yech at the same time in dressed and out and they all say stay a girl.

As a male I'm a sociopathic lout. As a woman I'm a sociopathic bitch.
    Seriously I'm basically the same person, but I smile a lot more as a woman.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

When I am vicky I am more relaxed and at ease with life.

Xx Vicky xX

I really dont change that much, if at all when I dress as Melissa as far as my personality goes. I am really not the least bit feminine but not overly manly either. I think that's why some people are surprised (those who have known me a while) when I tell them about Melissa

I am the same in either mode. I am just me.I wish my wife could understand that. No matter what I look like or how I am dressed, I am still ME!!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Both sides are starting to emerge and blend in during male and femme modes. Male mode I'm usually very conservative, boring, nerdy, geeky, clumsy, penny pinching ( I might buy a new shirt once a year for male mode). Femme mode more outgoing, high maintenance, whiny, loves to spend money and buy stuff.

Both do have some similarities, both sides are messy (my bedroom is littered with hose, bras, shoes etc. Both sides are also lazy (neither side likes doing house work or cooking). Both sides are not fond of chick flicks, although musical taste are different. Femme side does care more about health, and facial care and overall appearance.

Per my wife, basically my personality, motions, jesters, how act and move are mostly the same. Currently in male mode I am more conservative and stuffy. But in femme mode I am more fun and more out going like I use to be, before life beat me up and down.

And I agree with my wife. I think maybe part of what has drawn my femme self out more is that my femme presentation of myself allows who I use to be, and still am within, to come out. A more fun and relaxed me not beat up by life.

KimberlyS - joe
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Debs side is nicer!! Dunno what else to say.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    since I'm pretty closeted at the moment I can't say anything about personal interactions, but I would imagine that I would be outgoing and friendly, but not forward or trying to draw attention to myself.

as for personal traits I can say my femme side has some big improvements. I become much more interested in appearance and grooming (not saying I'm a slob or anything normally ) but clothes and whether I've shaved perfectly enough is not what my male persona is all about. I think if anything I want my overall persona to just be that I a am a team player, supportive and competent. Its just that my femme side has more style! I noticed in the winter mostly while I am dressing it does have a positive impact on my male side. See it's all good!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

No noticable change

From my own perspective, since I don't go out dressed and get any feedback from others, I don't see any change. I feel like the same guy. I just like the feel and look of the clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by VtVicky View Post
    From my own perspective, since I don't go out dressed and get any feedback from others, I don't see any change. I feel like the same guy. I just like the feel and look of the clothes.
    This describes how I feel about it
    jenny

Interesting question and not as simple as it first appears. It causes me to wonder, "which is the more genuine me; the femme (illusion) or the masculine (reality)?". Because in the masculine mode I've had to assume, even force, an appearance commensuate with my position. I've had to be an assertive leader when I might have preferred to be a reluctant follower. It was a "sink or swim" situation; either fit the mold or else. Conversely, "en femme" I tend to mentally relax, at least somewhat, although the antennae remain raised. I'm less confrontational and avoid anything that looks like potential conflict. And I do some fairly "blond" maneuvers, like attempting wrong way on a one-way street during Diva Las Vegas. That being stated, however, I believe my personality essentially remains the same, but at the same time adjusts to the environment. I'll think more about this question.

I feel like a female,i say around 60 % of the time,I guess that explains why i like to shop for women clothes when my so and i go sgopping.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

I smile more and am much more relaxed and happy en femme. In male mode, I tend to be more withdrawn.

I think my personality is a bit softer as Angie
    Angie

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Pretty much the same person in either mode.

I like to think of the relation between Pete and Caroline as I would think of the relation between Ice and Water. Two totally different properties, yet they are the exact same element. You can't swim in ice anymore than you can skate on water, yet if you examine them closely, you'll find out they are the exact same thing. The difference is not the element, but the outside conditions.

In other words, Pete and Caroline are as different from one another as water and ice are. Think about it.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.

the same, I think

Since I haven't really chosen a femme name (Lee has been used on/by both genders), I am tempted to say that Lee is (selected set of descriptors), while Lee is (second set), without admitting which was which. However, I really don't think I change personality with clothing. I asked the one friend with whom I've spent time in both modes. Her only comment was that I walk differently (it's the heels).

Lee

Gold Member
    I tend to act a little different if I do not know a person.
    The male is kind of goofy, but Erin is kind of prissy. Not horribly...

If it is with old friends or whatever, then it is the same. ALTHO I don't act as goofy, I don't make as dumb a jokes en femme.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.