Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latex masks

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I guess what ever makes one happy, I would think it would be a bit warm wearing one of those things, I would rather try and make myself look as fem as possible(notice how I didnt say passable) with what i had..half the fun is putting on makeup..my

If you like it, I guess.

I have to say, it doesn't make you look female. It makes you look like a mannequin. In fact, that's what I thought you were when I opened the pictures.

I'm sure there are better ways to look, so that you don't have to see yourself "staring back" when you take pictures. Really, the mask isn't doing anything for you.

I bet you're prettier than you think.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

I see this mask first time a few weeks back my first thought was wow that looks creepy i mean i dunno its kinda not at all life like and does look like a plastic £1 shop mask to me.

why not if you don't want to show your face use a old style paper fan hold it in front of your face or wear a floppy hat and lean your head forward.

i mean you have a stunning body and your pictures would be lovely to look at but whenever i see the pic's i cant take my eyes off that mask maybe I'm scared too!! but really what would have been a lovely picture is spoil with a silly looking mask.

I don't feel wrong in saying how i see if firstly because you asked and secondly because its not your face.

i can totally understand if you don't want to show your face in case a picture gets out somehow to people you have not told about your CD stuff but there surely must be a better way than to use something that looks like it should be in a chucky movie

WOW, all I can say is that it's hard enough to get poeple to accept crossdressers as it is.....but, this is way over the top. Why would anyone invest their money into something like this? This just adds fuel to the fire! And yes....it is VERY creepy.

Doc...

I didn't think you intended to go out in public with the "mask", but in a sense, you are out publicly here.

But if it enhances your experience when getting dressed, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Keep posting your pics, those who are turned off needn't look...

Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Keep posting your pics, those who are turned off needn't look...
    Kieron made me . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi RS,

In my opinion, it doesn't look passable even in photos, looks like a mask or a doll face. But I certainly have no argument with anyone wearing one at home or to a costume party, wouldn't work in public at all. I'd guess it appeals mainly to fetishists, as you mentioned.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

When I look at your pics, all I can think about is the Twilight Zone.

Chalk me up in the creepy column

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Kieron made me . . .

Creative Outlet

It would be great for a fun video. Walking past people, cattle, dogs...just watch out for cliffs, and rattlesnakes.
    Not trying to hurt your feelings or be mean by saying this. I think it would be fun to do unusal things with that look. The mask could work on one of those mannequin type "car buddies" people use to drive alone late at night. Or daytime ! Now there's a video idea.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

I have some suggestions for you....

1. Don't smoke.... you might catch fire....
    2. Stay out the sun... you might melt... you know, like that witch.... melting... melting....

I have more, but I think I'd get slapped...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Just to reiterate, in case the point has not yet been made... The masks are creepy. I first saw them years ago on a web site selling them and prayed they stay right there and only there, on the website. If you like how they look and if you like wearing them, that's totally fine, to each his own. But it seems like you are asking so we are telling you, if you tried wearing that in public or leave the house with it on, 9 out of 10 people are going to think it's creepy and many would probably also call the police.

I just wonder how much of you there is. You wear a mask, a corset, and who knows what other foundation garments. I mean, whatever floats your boat is fine by me, but I don't see where anyone can derive any more pleasure from this than they do by just looking at a stranger on the street.

Anyway -- to each their own.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Lots of people, lots of opinions...

I agree that the mask people are not for me either, but I am not going to make life hell for them by being insulting. All of us try very hard to be feminine, and while this tack does seem weird to me personally, I don't think it's right for us to be mean...any more than it is right for someone to make fun of a CD with prosthetics in public. That is phony too, you know.

It's like Seinfeld would say..."Not that there is anything wrong with it..."

I think a straight up or down vote would be sufficient. To insult someone who is just trying to make her way through this whole carnival that we transgenders find ourselves in is creepy, too. It's a real "Lord of the Flies" scenario.... some weird whipping order.

Tell her you don't like it, and move it along. Nothing to look at here.
    So I turned myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse
    Of how the others must see the faker,I'm much too fast to take that test.
    And these children you spit on, as they try to change their worlds,
    Are immune to your consultation, They're quite aware of what they're going thru!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes David Bowie

[SIZE="1"]by Cara Allen[/SIZE]Cara

Oh, and also, the pics make me feel like I personally should avoid you, I wouldn't really want to communicate with you or be friends with you, the masks are just to upsetting. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm just being honest.

Oh Cara.... puh-lease... get off your soap box... if you don't like what 'we' have to say and 'we' are entitled to our own opinions, then you move along to the next thread.

The masks are creepy, they are freaky, if doc didn't keep posting them and asking what people thought of them, then people wouldn't keep bloody posting it would they? so if you don't want a real answer, don't ask... nuff said eh? gawd... there's always one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Oh, and also, the pics make me feel like I personally should avoid you, I wouldn't really want to communicate with you or be friends with you, the masks are just to upsetting. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm just being honest.
    that's really funny I'm sorry but it is!!!!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 02-04-2008 at 02:09 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

No offense, but it just looks terribly fake.
    Cause I'm just a girl, little 'ol me
    Don't let me out of your sight

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Keep doing what you are doing Doc. Develope your techniques, and perhaps one day you will reach a level that will be unnoticeable and less of what the majority here have posted so far.

*hugs*

Zara

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    Keep doing what you are doing Doc. Develope your techniques, and perhaps one day you will reach a level that will be unnoticeable and less of what the majority here have posted so far.

*hugs*

Zara
    Odd but I was just thinking the same thing on the level that doc said these were home made and in progress.
    What came to mind was the movie "Mrs Doubtfire", the scene where they kept using all sorts of latex prosthetics on Robin Williams face was funny but shows how diverse the uses can be. (especially cracks me up when they do the Barbra Strisand look and Williams takes off with the diva personna lol).

The whole face is maybe a bit much and is expression-less. If someone with Asburgers (sp) saw you out in a mask they wouldn't notice. They can't "read" faces or expressions, the rest of us look for those cue's so we don't know what to make of it. The only point of reference is the blow up doll thing so it doesn't make it easy to respond - though being passable at this point out and about wouldn't work.

If this is more of a latex fetish overall then this probably isn't a message board that would have much support. It seems (IMO) most here are just trying to use what they have now sans a full blown relation to a sexual fetish per se. Sure, dressed up or silky clothing may make one feel more sexy but that is about as far as it goes.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Well, RS, there's been a lot of use of the 'C' word but I have to say I don't find it creepy. But I do find it very interesting. It makes me want to know what your real face looks like. Any chance of a peek?
    I would echo those who say it's a bad idea to go out in public in the mask, but on your own, in private, if that's what you like, go for it.
    Best,
    Ruth
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

My .02

I am also a "fetish" CD. My made up face is as big a part of my femme identity as sky-high heels, wigs, gloves, short skirts and dresses. "Tina" has introduced herself, face to face, to people that know "Tom", and they have NEVER made the connection until I tell them point blank. I have also been in the room with others that have never recognized me. "Made", yes, because I don't try to pass, but intend to look like a guy dressed and made up like a woman. I suppose my point is that I too, wear a "mask"; just not one that is made of latex. It is a matter of degree, but so is everything. It is up to the individual to draw the line for their unique environment, circumstances and motivations.
    [SIZE="2"]Tina D'Orsay
    Central Iowa

"Silence is golden,duct tape is silver."
    "You can never be to rich, to thin or wear too high heels."[/SIZE]

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cara Allen View Post
    Lots of people, lots of opinions...

I agree that the mask people are not for me either, but I am not going to make life hell for them by being insulting. All of us try very hard to be feminine, and while this tack does seem weird to me personally, I don't think it's right for us to be mean...any more than it is right for someone to make fun of a CD with prosthetics in public. That is phony too, you know.

It's like Seinfeld would say..."Not that there is anything wrong with it..."

I think a straight up or down vote would be sufficient. To insult someone who is just trying to make her way through this whole carnival that we transgenders find ourselves in is creepy, too. It's a real "Lord of the Flies" scenario.... some weird whipping order.

Tell her you don't like it, and move it along. Nothing to look at here.
    i don't think anyone but it better than Cara. If you like the mask that is all that matters. Me, i much prefer playing with makeup.
    darla

Very true Doc, each to his own. I can remeber when dressing from the waist down was all I needed. I guess like anything else, its all about being different.

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Sherry,
    The mask looks very Dr. Strangelove. Howver, I do love the look of the girl underneath the mask. Great legs, waist and clothes! No wonder you excite yourself!

Banned Read only
    Gosh, am I glad this thread has finally calmed down!

Here's part of a PM I sent one of the girls who was getting wailed on for defending doc earlier in the afternoon. I think most of the early posters were missing the point that doc knows his masking alter-ego wouldn't pass in public and wouldn't even think of taking her out...

from earlier...
    "...Doc's whole point is not anything to do with going out. That's not what the mask is all about. It's a deeply personal thing that has absolutely nothing to do with passing. It's more about the latex, i think and the issue of being confined by the mask and the corsets and tight clothes that she likes. We both know that latex clothes are sexy on some and many of those girls probably have latex and PVC in their closets as we speak. It's just that Doc's latex thing is a little bit outside their latex thing, therefore "weird" and "creepy".

I'm not a latex wearer of any kind. It's too fetishistic for my sensibilities. But I'm also not a latex basher.

Heck, us not-girls are the last, absolute last, to be ragging on anybody with an alternative bent! He's not posting pics of being peed on or eating poop, so we should just leave him the hell alone."

I was not about to get involved in that earlier catfight. It was vicious and cruel and really put me off. I was even tempted to PM a mod and ask that the thread be taken off. Not because of doc's particular kink, but because some of the girls were foaming at the mouth and needed a bucket of water thrown on 'em.

We're not here to insult or pick fights with ANYBODY! We're here to give and get CONSTRUCIVE criticism and give each other support.

Anybody says different, I'll slap the bitch upside the head!

respect (for good people) & love

deja