Thread: Being 'Her'

Question Being 'Her'

When I was young, (High-School Age), when I would see a pretty girl, I had a desire to be with her romantically or sexually. As time went on, and I would see an attractive female, instead of wanting to be with her, I had a strong desire to be 'her' or look like 'her'. Is this a normal experience among cross-dressers?
    Dressed Up Like A Girl[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well personally, I tend to feel both! but not at the same time....
    *Lila*

In my opinion, I would say yes this is normal, at least for myself as well. I would kill to have the figure of some of the women I see, but then again, I sure don't want surgery to get it (I'm too happy as my male self to ever want to lose that).

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Both, this is part of what makes it so hard for others to understand.
    I find women attractive sexually but I also feel drawn to dress and present
    female stimulating as well.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

In my case, I tend to feel both at the same time and I do find it normal. When I was younger, I would want to be her, but not now.

Yes
    Angie

I'd have to say yes too. I envy girls in both ways.

Both for me. When I was in my teens, (Back in the stone age, when we listened to music on 45's), I had crushes on several girls, and wanted to be with them. But I also had a desire to be one of them too. I have always admired females but I was sort of an ugly duckling so I wasn't very attractive to them. When I started dressing seroiusly at age 15, I wanted to wear all the pretty clothes they wore so I could feel like one of them.

Now that I'm in my 60's, I'm not as concerned about my facial features, but I still enjoy seeing myself in a dress or skirt. I will always enjoy being with women and relating to them, and I still have a desire to be one of them, but I have no desire to have a sex change, If that makes any sense.

Luv and Jill

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    In my opinion, I would say yes this is normal, at least for myself as well. I would kill to have the figure of some of the women I see, but then again, I sure don't want surgery to get it (I'm too happy as my male self to ever want to lose that).

Kandis
    I agree with Kandis, however, about the surgery part........MMM, I'd be open to that (I'm happier in girl mode) .

Alana

From my point of view I'd say that it's pretty normal to feel like this. I actually took my name from an old girlfriend who was just about the most feminine woman I have ever clapped eyes on.
    She always wore a skirt, hose and heels without fail in the time we went out together. Add in the fact that she hated all boy things (Apart from boys!) and was into things like sewing, embroidery, knitting etc, then she was just about perfect.

After we broke up I realised that I wanted to model myself on her and her style, so I'd say that it's normal to want to look like or "be" a particular girl, as long as it's a healthy respect.

I certainly do look at women...all women and check out what they are wearing and if I see a woman I admire, I kinda raise my head and say "OK big G...I want to be her"....well it has never happened, but I still have that wish to become like the woman I am admiring.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Both, and not necessarily at the same time lol! I love to look at women, not entirely from a sexual viewpoint, but to see their style, clothing, makeup, comportment.. the whole thing. Nothing better than NYC in early Fall! Probably why I'm shooting fashion work and want to do more....

Thanks

Thank you all for your various perspectives and input. I heard a lot of good things and gained some new ideas. I still have the desire for female companionship but really have a need to be feminine very much also. Thanks

Only the attractive ones. Something inside of me wanted to be a female long ago. I wonder if reincarnation is possible. I love feminine women.

I agree.

I have the same sense. I see an attractive woman and I do have some romantic or sexual desire but I also want to look and and like her and wonder what it would be like to be her.

I suspect this is similar to wanting to be like other people we admire. leaders, athletes etc. It's just that we happen to admire attractive, feminine women.

I'm glad to hear i'm not alone in this.

B

The male part of me gets sexually interested! The female part of me looks at her makeup, eyes, clothes and wants to have her great shape.

Yes, I experience both, sometimes at the same time. This is not new for me though. I remember in kindegarten chasing girls and really wishing I could be one of them, and wear my hair long like them and wear the pretty clothes like they wear, and do the things that they were doing.

Aspiring Member
    yes im so jealous !! they get to dress the dress and walk the walk. i love em everyone for being a woman, but am so wanting to be them its terrible!!!! big or small is not the issue. just to be them would be great! women have such a unspoken language just by glances and looks, men cant begin too understand, i feel privileged to be a part of it. tho at times the language can be disturbing, i feel more a part of it than the mans lingo.

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie90802 View Post
    The male part of me gets sexually interested! The female part of me looks at her makeup, eyes, clothes and wants to have her great shape.
    Exactly right, Charlie!
    Heidi99

I agree, both. Very much like to look like them, and be with hem.
    [SIZE=2]____________________________________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Too many thing to do, to little time. Enjoy who you are,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The DH for Abigaild(GG)[/SIZE]

I always check out women with an eye toward how they are dressed, made-up and their hair style and try to imagine how I'd look if I could wear what they had on.

I wear women's jeans and athletic shoes almost always and look to see how many women have the same style on. I do frequently see women wearing the same as I have on and wonder if they can notice that. So far no one has mentioned it.

Yes

I don't know about normal, but you describe my experience (which I love) perfectly.

Valerie

Well, it certainly is my case too.

My wife laughs about this subject. If we are out and I look at a female walking past she does not worry. She knows that I am not thinking "would not mind having sex with her", she knows I am thinking "wonder wear she got thoses boots, that top, that skirt etc etc"

Xx Vicky xX

Red face Point Of View

I'm so happy to hear all the various points of view. I especially like the view of comparing us to people who may have a special famous athlete that they admire. For me, at one time, it was athletes that I wanted to personify. Now however, and for the past several years it's been Victoria's Secret Models, SI Swimsuit Models, or even an attractive woman strutting down the street in high heels.