Thread: Trading in my heels.....

Trading in my heels.....

Well, Ive been doing much thinking over the last few months and I have decided that Im going to hang up my heels and trade them in for an M-16. Back when I was 18 I was going to join the Marine Corps and when I was with my gf, I let her talk me out of going to boot camp, ever since that day Ive been kicking myself in the butt for doing it. Now a couple years later, Im officially starting to work myself back in the same conditioning routine as I was in before to get ready for boot camp. I have a lot of regrets about things in the past and this is one choice I made that I made a huge mistake on, lucky enough for me, I can reverse this step before its too late. I really hope the crossdressing thoughts and things like that wont affect my ability to so train and become a Marine.

I was wondering, any of you that were in the military with dressing, can you find a peace to not let the idea or actions of dressing interfere with living a military life?

Best of luck to you in The Corps.

I served and dressed at the same time, it was difficult, but the chances to dress are few and far between UNLESS you live off base.

Kandis

SEMPER FI
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Good luck to you.

I don't think for most of us that crossdressing is a choice we made, it has been inside us since a very early age, so it is not something we can really choose to get rid of.

I was in the military for a while, and certainly had some clothes at home and dressed up when I could, but I certainly didn't underdress (wear panties with my uniforms, etc). Never know when an exercise or whatever would occur. And doing anything public would be a huge risk to your career. But other than that, there is no reason you can't do that kind of a career, it just limits rather than ends your ability to dress. Also, one problem I had was with moving. I was overseas for a bit, and when you move they can inspect all your boxes, and that can be a problem, so I unfortunately had to purge before moving, and lost some really nice clothes.

Good luck

Hope all works out well. I retired from the Navy

Banned Read only
    Good Luck with that, gothie Girl! Just make sure you're going military for the right reasons. To serve your people-good. To test your manhood -probably good. To run from your dressing desire-bad. It won't work.

And, in refernce to a previous thread, watch out for the placement of your "Semper Fi" tatoo.

respect (for well made decisions) and love

deja

I actually did underdress for the last 2 years of my enlistment. I was even underdressed when I was being interviewed by OSI because my ex-wife decided to out me to my First Sergeant and they wanted/had to determine whether or not I was a security risk (Top Secret Clearance and all that). They concluded that since I was honest with them there was no way I could be classified as a risk so they did nothing else to me.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Go for it, it will make a man of you

Sorry I could not refuse that, you have a life ahead of you, go out and find it. crossdressing will return to you life if you want it to, or when the time is right, however if you feel this is what you really want, then go for it, and enjoy it. Never did time myself, but I know many others that have and have never regreted it. My best mate left the RAF after 12 years with house paid for, as he rented it whilst abroad, and kept paying the mortgage as well, killing the interest and now he's 40 and debt free for the rest of his life.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Lightbulb A More Tolerant World Someday

Would female enlistees get any flak for specifically wearing men's jockey shorts ? (the little window included). I suspect the guy's wouldn't care. The old double standard. I like the fact that there are crossdressers in the military.
    I don't find it perverse, or un manly/un womanly. Let the boys and girls let off some steam, and engage in a bit of creative expression. But then, I am just the lady outside the fence.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

Gold Member
    So this is after a lot of consideration and not cause one day out of the blue some recruiter promised this or that...

ok fine

But during basic, it is unlikely you will be able to think about dressing much if at all, unless you are one of those hardcore CD'ing addicts who MUST do it almost all the time. If you are occasional dresser like me, then you probably won't have any problems. Once you get to your normal duty station you can do this but you would have to be REAL careful about things, like storing your clothes off-base like maybe at a friends house who is CD friendly [We once had a CD in our support group who would keep his femme clothes at the hostess's house]

Well good luck with this and one other great thing - Once out of basic, you will be in the best shape of your life. The femme stuff you have now will not fit.
    All of us bigger girls will then hate you cause you dropped more dress sizes than we could hope..
    So anyways, when are you going? Solid plans or not quite yet?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I heard the Marines were looking for a few good men. Good Luck.

That said, to answer your question, no, your still going to have all the crossdressing desires that you have always had. The only difference will be that you will no longer have the freedom to express them when you wish. Because you have expressed such a will to do this, we are all simply wishing you luck. The truth is, most of us are sitting here thinking WTF, are you crazy? Many of us have been there, done that, including myself. Unless you feel a very strong need to serve your country, I think you're making a mistake. If you're joining the Marines to prove your a man and lose the woman, it won't work. I promise.

For the person who can't hold down a job, the military may be a good way to go. Thats why they say it will make a man out of you. For a man who is running from his female desires, it's a huge mistake.
    Last edited by Jennaie; 02-05-2008 at 05:39 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Good Luck. Stay Safe!

Good luck and someday you'll be able to proudly say, "Semper Fi."
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Thumbs up Go For It

My oldrer brother was in the Navy in the 70's My Dad was a Pearl Harbor Survivor.I was all set to join but got talked out of it by my dominiant mother who didnt want me to upstage my brother -8 years older than me.I was to take care of her in old age.What happened when she passed My older brother got the whole estate didn't even live back home since he left.
    My point hang those heels up ,put on your boots ,experiance all that you can when your young.Those heels will feel good just as well when you deciced to get out.You mabe a smaller dress size but thats a good thing.
    Good Luck God Bless....................Don't forget to check in here!
    Last edited by Colleen; 02-05-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Happy to be out to my loving wife.

trading in my heels

good luck. I served in the Air Force and i dressed while in but not as much as now.
    I love being a girl

Semper Fi

Good luck from A retired Navy Corpsman, My best duty was with the Marines. If you live off base you can do it but go away from the base area. It also depends on where you are going to be stationed. Keep in touch with the forum and any questions you have there are plenty of us here to help you.

Thumbs up

As long as you understand, up front, that CDing is out for a few years, there is no reason you can't do the job. Depending on your specialty and assignment, you may, or may not, be able to sneak in some CDing. Do not waste any serious money on clothes etc., because you may need to dump everything in an instant. Your privacy will be a problem as long as you are junior enlisted. (Less than a Sgt.)

Do Not enlist thinking you are going to find time to CD. Enlist tihinking it is on hold for a few years. If you are then able to do it, it will be a bonus.

As others have mentioned, it really depends on the type of CDer you are. If you are the fetish type, you will probably do fine. If you are more into gender dysphoria, it will be a lot tougher, and probably should be avoided.

Check out the military CDers thread for more info. It is a little old, but it does show the variety of military experience found in the CDing community.

And, remember, as I have said before, there is nothing quite like getting shot at to help you focus on the task at hand.

Good luck.

Good luck hun I hope it works out for you
    Angie

If you have a deep desire to do it, far more than your CD desire, at least wait until 2009 so there won't be good odds you'll come back maimed or in a body-bag.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Smile trading heels

Follow your heart.As you can see many of us served and dressed and survived,you will as well.Stay safe and keep in touch with the forum.

Banned Read only
    Good luck from me as well. Hope it all works out for you.

I went into the army when I was 18 in 1967. My thoughts of dressing subsided. A year later when I was in Vietnam it returned. I had it all planned to go to Tapei Formosa on R&R and have a girl dress me up. It didnt happen. I got hurt and got flown to Japan and then home.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Drafted during Vietnam War

I have fond memories of Army life. Like, the HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE, to date!
    When I was released, after serving my time! I remember there were a, " few good men", but many were playing little boy's games!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thank you so much girls, the support means a lot to me. Tomorrow I go and sit down with the recruiter and talk more things over to get the ball rolling more. I know Ive wanted to be in the military since I was a little kid and I know this is the right calling for me. My dressing is apart of me, Im not ashamed of it, or running away from it. I dress but its so few and far between being able too that a "long vacation" shouldnt be a problem at all. Just think of it, least if I gotta camo my face it will be like applying makeup I just feel that I can be truly happy and feel more complete with things in my life by doing this. I will be sure to keep updates and I will never forget to stop by this site. I know I dont post much but I do keep an eye out and read the posts a lot. Thanks again girls for your kind words, it really means a lot to me.

Banned Read only
    Be careful about posting, Gothie! I understand the army monitors e-mails that come from military supplied internet connections. Find a cafe or friend away from base to tell us stuff. And for golly's sake, tell us stuff!

(lots and lots of ) respect & love

deja

PS: Keep my siganture motto in mind... it means "SH*T HAPPENS!"
    Last edited by deja true; 02-06-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added PS...