View Poll Results: Where would u go if u could pass to your satisfaction?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would just like to see if I could get away with it

23 14.65%
  • I just want to go out in the every day world

93 59.24%
  • I want to look acceptable to friends and family

7 4.46%
  • I would go out places with other CD's, TG's, etc.

30 19.11%
  • I want to live as a woman

31 19.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Understanding "Passing"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Understanding "Passing"

In my CD journey, like other fantasies I've had, I've wondered what it would be like to pass in the outside world. Sherry can't, and I've decided passing is NOT a strong need for me as a CD. I would only like to see if I could "get away with it".
    But how about u?

If u r TS, and u wish to live as a woman, U probably wish to pass all the time. I've included u in my poll.

However, what about all the other CD's here?
    ASSUMING U COULD PASS TODAY, WHERE WOULD U GO? AND WHAT WOULD U USE YOUR PASSING ABILITY FOR?
    If u can't decide which one to pick, pick as many as apply to u.

I REALLY wondered about this, because passing is such an issue here!
    RS
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-06-2008 at 12:40 AM.

I don't care about passing If I could maybe I'd think differently about it I love to dress and if I get out that's all I need
    Angie

I enjoy going out, I don't pass, if I did I would be out a lot more.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    As I have said here a couple of times Passing can not just be defined to one word, ie passing as a female is totally diferent to walking round a busy town centre, as is talking and reacting with someone to the extent they fully believe your female.

I'm quite fortunate in that I seem to pass with ease (or maybe it the years of effort I have put in) but that is only to a look, Ie I have walked through busy towns and places without bad reaction. (im a big girls so that does draw attention occationally) but I'm confident those that do look look see me as a large female, over a large guy in a dress) I've even had people that got to know me, tell me they really thought I was a GG, I've even been told that on this board, so I think my look works for me.

Why i pass is just down to the fact I love dressing up as tracy, as much as I enjoy being male. I'm not looking for any gain in going out dressed, nor do I do it to decieve people in to thinking I'm female. I just like being out and not sitting within four walls wondering what to do next? I fully believe people see me as a woman, when in fact all I'm really doing is dressing how I want to for that period of time.

hope that makes sence.
    Last edited by Tracy_Victoria; 02-06-2008 at 03:07 AM.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Great question RS. I was thinking of asking something in a similar vein. Some seem to put a lot of elaborate prep work into passing and hone every detail down to a gnat's rear end. So, let's say one is the "ultimate passing" CD, what do you do with that and what is your purpose? Some have supposed lofty goals, saying that they do it to further the acceptance of CDing for the public. Okay, I get that but If one passes well, I still have a problem seeing just exactly how that is accomplished. There HAS to be some kind of personal satisfaction in it, otherwise why go through all of that prep and I'm still not totally "buying" the being a good ambassador bit. Even if I'm a nice person, no one is going to invite me to their home for tea.

My purpose for going out is not necessarily to pass but to associate with my friends and have some fun being myself and expressing myself, freedom to do that being the main idea. I spend most of my en femme time with like minded (LGBT) folks rather than using my energy walking on eggshells to try and pass muster with a bunch of strangers, who for all intents and purposes could give two hoots about me and who would probably think I'm some kind of freak with a fetish if I'm "exposed". Nothing wrong with going out to stores to buy stuff if that is your thing but it does precious little for me these days. To myself, the people are where it's at and I honestly get more bang for my en femme "buck" when I spend time with my friends. That is my thinking on it anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Honestly, I can't answer your question.
    If I could pass, I think I would not do something very different from now.
    Maybe I would do just the same.

As a rule, in my freetime, I do what I like to do.
    I certainly wouldn't like to go out just for the sake of showing to me or to others that I may go out.

Briefly speaking, I can go out where I want to go, without the need of passing.

Hugs

Nadia

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria2004 View Post
    "Closets are for clothes, and passing is for footballs". Lacey Leigh

OMG!!! Lacey Leigh!! Is she still out there??? Not trying to hijack the thread but I used to talk endlessley with her many years ago!

I'd love to know if there is a way to contact her

*hugs*

Zara

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    OMG!!! Lacey Leigh!! Is she still out there??? Not trying to hijack the thread but I used to talk endlessley with her many years ago!

I'd love to know if there is a way to contact her

*hugs*

Zara
    Try www.LaceyLeigh.com

Passing is a funny thing- if you are you have no way to be sure. I go around about half the time now casually dressed (any time I don't need to present as my "legal" self) and I very seldom notice any reaction. Am I passing or are people just polite? You'll never know....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ideally, I would want to be perceived as female in everyday life, shopping, out&about,etc. and so would like to pass. Why ? I haven't a clue. It certainly isn't to attract men, although I do get a buzz on those rare occasions when I get attention from men who think I look good, just as I like it when women seem to accept me as female...which is even rarer.

Wondering why some of us like to pass is as productive as wondering why we prefer to dress like the opposite gender in the first place.

I would respecrtfully suggest that it is less about "passing" and more about being "accepted" by people as who you know yourself to be on the inside.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    In my case the major obstacles for passing is my broad shoulders, the way I walk, hands etc. If I could pass I would start out with baby steps such as going to clubs and meetings. Longterm I would be tempted to gradually go full time.

I go everywhere and anywhere that a real girl would go

Mitch

At this point I am not really too concerned about "passing". However, I think for me, that will be a prominent issue in the future. If I enter into full transition, then, being out in the public becomes something other than a hobby, so to speak, and I feel I would need more general acceptance from strangers around me in order to function in everyday life. Fortunately for me I think I do pass fairly well right now without any hormone help, albeit a lot of help from makeup. Those in my life that know of me think so as well (or they are just being kind, lol). As for "promoting the cause", I think even if I enter into a stealthy everyday existence, that I could still openly show support for all our efforts. I am not afraid of people knowing who or what I am. I will just need to be able to function in a capacity that does not detract from my ability to live a peaceful life.This is just how I am thinking at the moment and those thoughts could change. Now for my disclaimer since this seems to be a bit of a touchy subject here at times: I mean no offense to anyone here if what i have said is taken to mean that passing should or shouldn't be important to them.

Dawn
    "Courage is being scared to death.............and saddling up anyway" John Wayne

".......the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression." -Thomas Jefferson

"I ain't here for a long time; I'm here for a good time......." George Strait

I am pulled between to things, first I used to go out with no problem but since we retired and moved to a very small country town my wife saids NO!.

Now I can understand where she is coming from but, I have slipped out behind her back and had no problems what so ever.

Now the other side is when she passes I will go full time and the hell with what everyone thinks and she knows it but has said when she is gone she doesn't care.

getting away with it

I have yet top come out to anyone as a crossdresser, but I know I would absolutely love to go out and pass as a woman. I go out now in women's non-specific clothing, but to go all out would be stupendous!

Not just a pig-n-lipstick

to get away with it

I love to dress as Ellie but in the end I am still me, with all my original equipment and truthfully I'm just to lazy to be girly all the time.

When I do dress up I go for as complete of a look as possible ( w/concessions to keep the GF happy such has arm and hand hair) just as if I was playing a character on film.

That being said I don't always go for the passable "average office girl" look, sometimes I get a little Dragqueenish in which case I'm expecting to be recognized as one.

I would like to head out with other CD's, etc.....Maybe go to a nice club.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I have been out many times with friends, a group of 6 or 10 cd's is not easy to just overlook ! Had fun every single time anyway .
    I have also been out a few times alone to prove I could do it.
    Its been a couple years now but I have the urge again to go out alone and try my older more reserved look in the mainstream everyday shopping thing.
    Its just gonna take the right moment or special outfit Im looking for but Im sure I will make an0ther outing soon

Cindy

Adding : "going out is no longer a big concern with my dressing but I would not be as happy inside if I had never tried it at all !"
    Last edited by cindybarnes; 02-06-2008 at 09:03 PM.

For me it's about being accepted and about being comfortable en femme in the "ordinary world."
    warmly, Linnea

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    While I like to present myself as well as possible, I hardly ever worry about passing since I usually go out with groups of T-Girls, and I hardly think anyone looks at us and thinks we were actually born female.

With that said, I have been out by myself, and felt I blended in pretty well, but I didn't care if anyone classified me as genetic male.

Passing is over-rated.
    Having fun is where it's at!
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I could never pass, and that does not bother me. I am happy dressing whenever I want and going out dressed whenever I want. Fortunately, no one has ever had a negative thing to say about my dressing except my EX. But that is her problem.

I guess I pass 95% of the time and it's very important to me. I don't want to get laughed at, and I use it for shopping for womens clothes so I don't get a gay reputation and so that I can try on the clothes before I buy it.

Perhaps there are two reasons for trying to pass - for some, the idea of 'being that woman' is desperately important? For many, many more, it's about personal safety - they fear they will be endangered if people see them as not 'born female'?

That second reason is vastly over-rated, IME.

Remember, too, WE CAN ALL PASS - as trans?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

After taking all the time it takes to find a proper dress to wear, shower, shave, put on makeup and then get fully fressed I just can't get the cold cream out and wipe it all away. I want to go out and look my best. With my mug though, I go to TG bars and have fun. I know I will be accepted and not have a hard time! It would be great to go anywhere though.