Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faggot...

Strangely enough, the ONLY time I've gotten any kind of negative reaction has been on Halloween, when you'd think people would be the most willing to let things pass (pun intended).

I'd always thought it had to do with the fact that people feel more free to say whatever comes to mind on Halloween, but on other days are a bit more conditioned to 'live and let live'.

Even then, the worst thing that was ever actually SAID to me at ANY time was when I heard 'Nice Tits!' yelled from the window of a passing car after I had walked in front of it at a crosswalk.

I decided to take it as a compliment.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Good for you!
    I think you handled yourself well and didn't let that idiot affect you in any way.
    What you should've done was put it right back in his face by licking your lips, blowning him a ****ty kiss, and said "Right back at ya sweetie!"
    That would've been funny sight to see.

When I was a kid growing up, I wasn't into CD at the time, but being Asian and living in a small redneck town I had to deal with the slurs, such as chinc, china man, import, etc, etc., although I'm Filipino, from ignorant people at school so I could feel what you felt.
    Well, I didn't let them get to me and put it back in their faces and so that did wonders for my confidence.
    As I got through HS, nobody ever bothered me because they knew they couldn't phase me and also because they thought I could kick their a$$es.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 02-08-2008 at 01:11 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

It happened, I smiled, bobbed a small curtsy and blew a kiss. Unfortunately I fell apart after he was out of sight. I hope it doesn't happen again but I expect it will.
    Beauty is in the smile of the beholder

Thank you ladies for all your comments on the subject of harassment. You've given me the courage to finally go out in public dressed to the "nines". After 3 failed marriages I now have a fiance' who enjoys my dressing up as much as I do. Without her understanding and encouragement I wouldn't be where I am right now, happier than I've ever been. Please accept my heart-felt gratitude. Sincerely, Amber

The fact that it bothered you so much to feel compelled to respond is a good sign Marla.

You recognized it was about him and that you didn't need to own it... yet when you reacted that way you later admonished yourself because you know better.

That's a good sign. It just takes more practice and reinforcement and self talk to get past that point of caring what other people think.

Don't give people the finger. Well, not unless you're looking for a good old fashioned scrap... which is hardly ladylike.

Next time I bet you handle it better just because you recognized you could have.

No reaction is the best, but I know it's hard to get your mind off of being 'dissed' and not responding. But let it go and pump yourself up immediately with something positive.

The truth is...it's not about your shortcomings - it's about his. Just be glad you're not him carrying all that hate and animosity inside. Yuck.

"Never wrestle with a pig, because you both get dirty and the pig LIKES it!"
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marla151 View Post
    ...[snip]...
    Why do people have to be so stupid, and why does it bother me even the littlest bit. It's not like I've never been called that before, God knows I heard it and worse growing up, and that was before I could dress the way I wanted to whether in drab or drag. It didn't bother me greatly but it was a nagging in the back of my head. It angered me more that he had any impact on me and my life at all than what he had said. He isn't worth the time and he probably only wanted to make himself feel better about his crappy life by trying to take someone else down. But it spurned thoughts in my head that tried to pick at my self confidence that took me so long to build. It wasn't very effective, but like I say, it bothers me that it had any affect at all.

...[snip]...

For those of you that have a lot of confidence, do you ever get to the point that these ignorant little F'ers don't bother you anymore?

...[snip]...

Cheers,
    Marla
    Dearest Marla,

We are all walking miracles....like the blazingest souls with the most fabulous bodies...beautiful when it is all in harmony.

You are working to bring yourself into complete harmony, and this guy is just looking for distractions from the fact that he is NOT, and is clueless as to which direction to go in order to find it for himself....potentially the same direction you have chosen ?

It works for me to see him as another example of the miracle of existence with some inharmonious programming. Seperating the sinner from the sin, as some would say. I feel sad for the process he went through, in order to acquire his programming, and for the harm he will deal out as he acts on his programming, and for his deeper needs that are going unmet as he "acts out" rather than "looks inward", or "invites others inward".

Compassion is the cure for anger and irritation. The irritations are always about something that is lost/about-to-be-lost. Anger and irritation is good to act on, when something helpful can be done about it. When not, time for acceptance and compassion for self and others.

His sick programming is not worth much of your time. Though I would always be on my toes that his actions might cross over from insults to physical threats, or worse. At the same time, I know he is suffering as much as I might choose to suffer, should I take his insults personal.

The insults always hurt a little. I go into anger [well, the edge of murderous rage, actually], when I feel I might have to defend myself. It calms and goes away when the threat passes and I remember that "but for the grace of <your-higher-power-here>, there go I."

Roberta
    Last edited by RobertaFermina; 02-08-2008 at 03:06 PM.
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    For those of you that have a lot of confidence, do you ever get to the point that these ignorant little F'ers don't bother you anymore?
    Cheers,
    Marla
    The answer is yes (for me). I don't think there is anyplace out there that one can go without eventually running into this sort of behavior. We get read and some people are more vocal about it.

I know its hard to let go of such things but walk on. Its not like they are an intrinisc force in your life paying your bills, employing you etc. They don't matter in the grand scheme that is your life. Only YOU give them the power to ruin a perfectly good evening.

Hang in there
    Zara

Quote Originally Posted by Chari View Post
    Remember the little kids rhyme "sticks and stones may break my bones"? This low life was trying to get a reaction to his less than intelligent comment. IMO, best not to do anything but smile. Why can't we all just accept each other for who we are, rather than put labels on everyone that enjoys being different? Continue to keep your confidence high and your attitude strong!

Hugs2U, Chari
    Well put, Chari. I agree with you 100%. The guy was just showing his educational level, pity he hasn't got out of the gutter yet. He is probably doomed to stay there. At least, IMO, you showed your class by not reacting and avoided the consequences as others have pointed out. It was not, however, very "lady-like" to give him the finger. These days you never know whether he is packing a gun or knife so it could get dangerous quickly. The more confidence you show in going out again the more you are hitting back at him in your own way. So keep going, honey. We all support you.

faggot

he probably went home and put his wifes undies on.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Morons like that are few and far between, for every jackass I have run unto , I have met a 1000 who treated like a lady, so just sat F'em

If his mind were a parachute, he'd have splattered on the ground darlin'.

I have often said "If ignorance is bliss then he must be one happy mother f***er", when talking about people who make such comments.

Keep your head held high, and your heels higher

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Why do such terms have such power in our society? Because it's supposed to be an insult to manhood ( as a CD, stop & think about this. Men are defined as "not being like a woman" )- being gay is unmanly. Why? Because the programming is that "a real man" wants women. Being gay( or bi ) means desiring another male, and that is "being like a woman" in simple-minded thinking. The unspoken message is that "men are superior to women" because "no man wants to be seen as a woman." To be "called a woman" is an "even worse" insult than being called "faggot" in this programming.
    As Salandra was saying, what if you don't take the word/phrase as a threat? For example in the gay community, the word "queer" was once seen as derogatory. In modern times gay people turned it around and used it as their own word.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

You ladies are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your opinions, stories, and encouragement.

It's helped me sort things out in my own head and keep on heading in the right direction. It's hard not to react to people like that sometimes, and if I had psychic powers, believe me it'd be even harder, but the best reaction is none.

This is a short reply from what I'd like to say but I have to get back to my studies and couldn't not say anything.
    Last edited by Marla151; 02-08-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Smile

In my experience people say hateful things like that in order to make themselves feel superior. It is also my experience that the best way to burst that bubble of theirs is to ignore them with complete confidence so they can get an idea of just how irrelevant and small they really are. But then people tell me I can be a bitch so. . . . .

Keep your head high

Yes indeed, when thinking calmly about it, we should ignore such stupid attitudes, these individuals are just not worth our consideration...

But in the real world, on the spur of the moment, it is very difficult to resist the flow of anger that reaches our most inner self. Sometimes we wish that we would have a snappy but correct answer to such stupid people. An excellent one was given in a forum for "full size" people in which I decided to participate as Eugenie...

One large women was explaining that she entered in a lift where three young and very slim girls were already there.

One of the young girl thinking it could be taken as a funny statement said "I hope the lift isn't going to breack down..." Then the large women answered: "With the weight of your brains there's no risk that this will happen."

I wish I could find such an anwser when at the occasion of going out to a restaurant with four other CDs we heard a group of youngsters call us "travelots", which is a derogatory name given to transvestites...

Eugenie
    Last edited by Eugenie; 02-08-2008 at 06:58 PM.

Congratulations, you did something to irritate a halfwit! Keep up the good work!
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

I hate ignorance!!!

Fag huh, I know I hit man for hire...
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

For me I absolutely hate that word, almost as much a GG's don't like being called the well I better not even allude to it. LOL!! Glad to hear that it didn't spoil the evening just turn the other cheek, unfortunately we live in a world that is full of people like this. Nobody is perfect, although I am working extremely hard to be that way.

Hope the next time out for you goes a little better. Maybe the shoes were the problem........................................... .
    If you want to live life on your own terms:
    "You gotta be willing to Crash & Burn"

Dakota

Links requiring a sign in are not permitted

Faggot

Quote Originally Posted by annie gurl View Post
    he probably went home and put his wifes undies on.
    If not he might have thought he could pick up two women. Love the qoute.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar

I think it just bothers me that people are so stupid, and that he could have had an even more negative effect on someone else (what it it was someones first night out and they weren't that confident).

Cheers,
    Marla
    I live, breathe & party in NYC. I expect comments like that. It wouldn't be NYC without them. I know I'll be appreciated wherever I'm going. The misconceptions of a stranger I pass along the way have little effect on me. The wrong response could lead to unwanted confrontation.

If I feel anything it is most likely sadness that people can have such hatred towards something they know so little about. It is a reminder how small society's acceptance really is. We've surely come along way. This puts into perspective how much further we have to go.

As someone mentioned, one comment like this could put a first timer (getting out) right back into the closet.

Gen

One time I was returning from a night out. Two guys walking off the train in front of me were debating if I was a guy or not. I could hear them go back and forth. Finally they turned around together for a second look. They said in unison - yeah, that's a man. I simply smiled and said, I kept you guessing long enough. Personally I felt great becuase I took this as an indication my look was improving.

He's insecure, prolly. Guys like that are repressing something, and vocalize disapproval as a way to deflect any perceived negative attention on them.

Laugh and move on

Does a lion worry what the mice are saying?....
    Always fill your own cup first...

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Banned Read only
    What a great story about the guys on the train, Genifer. And it illustrates well what a lot of girls have said throughtout the threads. A lot of self-confidence will easily see you through those inevitable moments of fear. Well, that's sophisticated NYC. I wish it were so easy out here in the wilderness!

deja

Marla, you had a great night. Why let some nitwit take away your joy. Chalk him up to the many who don't understand us, His loss not yours. Please don't respond to nasty comments, it could lead to something you can't handle.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathrynTX View Post
    I agree. No good can come from a response like that. If he had stopped and wanted to start something, you probably would have been in a world of trouble. Besides the possibility of getting beat up, there would be the likely arrest for disorderly conduct or assault. You're better off just letting stuff like that slide.

What if Marla had kicked that guy's butt?
    People always assume it is gong to be the CD who gets beat up.
    If someone confronted me, unless it was a bug ol MF'er, I would bounce his head on the sidewalk.

Anyways it is true, it never feels good to have some snide F'er make stupid comments.

I tell ya what tho, stand up to a bully ONE time and they typically never bother you again.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.