Thread: Playing "Dress Up"

Playing "Dress Up"

The following could either stay here as an indication of my comfort level or be moved to the clothing section, either way here it is:

“We could play ‘dress up’ “
    That’s what she said.
    Backing up a bit.
    I had gone into my local Dress Barn store to pay off my monthly statement. Of course while there I spent a few moments chatting with the Mgr. about most anything and everything, nice pleasant small talk. She had even asked me if there was anything I was looking for or that she could sell me. Being rather broke at this time and actually not needing anything (NOT NEED ANYTHING??? What kind of CD er am I?) I declined her offer. That sort of lead the conversation around to a private shopping party they’re planning. The idea is to have customers enter their name and at some point a drawing will be held, and the winner will have the entire store to themselves, with all the Sales Assistants in attendance at their beck and call. Of course you just know I put in my name. This lead onto the idea of having a “private shopping time just for CD s “ The Mgr. noted that they have about 4 or 5 other “regular” customers besides me that shop there. (Glad to see I’m not the only one) I mentioned that she should ask the others when they come in if that sounded like a good idea, and if it was worth the time she figured she’d do it.
    Got to laughing and joking about what a fun time that would be and I mentioned that I’d leave all my free will outside and allow myself to become their own “Ken doll” to do with as they wished, that’s when she said. “We could play dress up” My heart actually skipped a beat at hearing that.
    Not exactly sure just when this would happen , if at all, but if anybody happens to frequent the Kittery Maine Dress Barn, let them know you’re interested.

I so love the freedom I've found. To be able to openly speak to somebody.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Platinum Member
    i was in Kittery last friday..... wish i knew........

I frequently shop at a Dress Barn in my area. I have often fantasized about having a dress-up party just like the kind you have written about. If my Dress Barn shop has a drawing for the private dress up session, I would definitely enter. What an opportunity!
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    i was in Kittery last friday..... wish i knew........
    I presume you'll be going back through there soon enough, stop in and mention that you heard about it from me. My calling card is on file in their rolodex.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I hope your name is selected in the drawing - what fun! Having a private shopping time for CD (and maybe their SO) might bring more than just the regular customers, perhaps CD that are too nervous to shop during regular hours would attend. This might be a good example for other businesses too. Let us know if your store has CD shopping only and how it goes.

~C

I live about 2.5 hours away from Kittery in Southern VT. I would be ALL over that. Seriously, if you set it up PM me and let me know the day and time.

Would you be going dressed, or just go in drab and try things on while you are there?

Now I know that this Dress Barn is CD friendly, I'll have to make a point of stopping in the next time I'm passing through...
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Sounds like a fun time Phyliss wihe I could go
    Angie

If it were not so far away, I would cancel anything to be there!

I bet they are going to find out that there are a lot of sales for them in the CD community.

I can't wait to hear how it goes. Maybe they will make it a national event.

By all means, everyone should go dressed.

Missy Anne

[SIZE="3"]Sounds like a great time. I'll be stopping by there sometime this week for sure.[/SIZE]