Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quapaw OK?

I have a lovely black PVC dress (with thigh high boots) you could borrow - you'd be a hit with the local boys in that.

..... this thread is good, you've had 20 odd replies already - and you haven't even been there yet !

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    arent natives meant to be all for two spirited people? if thats the case you'll be fine
    If they catch a CD wearing a dress on any of the reservations around here, she'll find out where the "red" in "redneck" comes from.

Oh! I get it --AAR--After Action Report.

I can't wait. Wear jeans. Your cowboy (girl) boots. Print shirt. Take your guitar--small towns don't have Karaoke.

Everybody sing along--mellow--and make a few horse noises, "Ghost riders in the sky..."

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post

Well, I was thinking of the VFW or maybe the YMCA? . . . NOT!!!!! Actually, it looks like I might be taking a drive to Tulsa to meet a Tsister there! Hey! I like that word - Tsister!

Oh Lord, anyone else hear "Dueling Banjo's" in the background. Thinking maybe I should arrange to be sick that week so someone else has to go! LOL
    If you pull in anywhere & hear someone playing "dueling banjos" get outta there as fast as you can. Ned Beatty still has nightmares & he was acting.

Plan on an extra hour at least, there's even a song about "Tulsa time"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    seriously tho' while i've never been to Quapaw, i have been to nearby Neosho,Mo. and Neodesha,Ks on business and to several art functions in Joplin,Mo. and really have been better received than was expected

Deliverance revisited!!

Do they have banjo's??, and a river?? and a canoes??

OOps !!

Good luck!

Kim, have you tried using Google Earth to get a street-level satellite view of the place? Might give you a little sense of the overall environment geographically... you know, just in case ya have to make a sudden mad dash to the nearest interstate!
    LOL

BTW, sorry I missed you on your recent trip to NYC but I work nights and knew I'd have had no chance to squeeze anything else in, tho glad you had Erica to give you a quick tour. Other than the scouting-mission-turned-semi-U-turn-fiasco you got stuck in, I hope you took back a comfortable image of the city... except for maybe the usual colorful language that often gets tossed around here.... Yo!

jenn

Been here a while member Billijo_06's Avatar
    [SIZE=3]“Taking calculated risks is quite different from being brash. “[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-George S Patton[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I can’t remember, is a shotgun rack standard equipment in Oklahoma?[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    don't look like a lot to do there...........

town directory
    Town Directory - Quapaw, OK
    This Little Town:
    remove town Quapaw, OK :: town blog | classifieds | directory Welcome to the Town DirectoryQuapaw, OK This Little Town directory is a great place to find local businesses, comunity orginizations, and government offices. While most web directories are built by robots scrapeing the internet, This Little Town Directory is otherwise. We're growing our community directory organically, one listing at a time.
    Search Town Directory:
    members | add your business/orginization
    Activities / Recreation (0)
    Waterparks (0)
    Night Life (0)
    Bar / Pub / Brewery (0)
    Classical Performances (0)
    Comedy (0)
    DJ/Dancing (0)
    Films (0)
    Jazz (0)
    Late Dinner/Open Bar (0)
    Live Bands (0)
    Poetry Readings (0)
    Pool Tables (0)
    Sports Bars (0)
    Theater (0)
    Dinning (0)
    American (0)
    Bagels (0)
    Bakery (0)
    Breakfast / Brunch (0)
    Buffet, Dinner (0)
    Buffet, Lunch (0)
    Cafe / Coffee Shop (0)
    Cajun / Creole (0)
    Chinese (0)
    Continental / European (0)
    Deli / Sandwiches (0)
    Delivery (0)
    Dessert (0)
    Eclectic (0)
    Family (0)
    Fast Food (0)
    French (0)
    Full Bar (0)
    Greek (0)
    Ice Cream (0)
    Indian / Pakistani (0)
    Irish (0)
    Italian (0)
    Japanese (0)
    Juice Bar (0)
    Mexican (0)
    Outside Dining (0)
    Pizza (0)
    Sea Food/Lobster (0)
    Steaks (0)
    Thai (0)
    Tibetan (0)
    Vegetarian (0)
    Wireless Internet (0)
    Beer / Wine (0)
    Professional Services (0)
    Attorney (0)
    Information Technology (0)
    • Networking • Webdesign
    Insurance (0)
    • Automobile • Home
    Contractors / Construction (0)
    Contractors Equipment (0)
    • Rental • Repair • Sale
    Heating & Air Conditioning (0)
    Roofing (0)
    Shopping (0)
    Antiques & Collectables (0)
    Groceries (0)
    Pawnshops (0)
    Home & Garden (0)
    Appliances (0)
    Carpet & Rug Cleaners (0)
    Landscaping (0)
    Pets & Animals (0)
    Grooming (0)
    Stables (0)
    Training (0)
    Government (0)
    Community (0)
    Churches & Temples (0)
    Radio (0)
    Television (0)
    Real Estate (0)
    Mobile Homes (0)
    Mortgages (0)
    Real Estate Agents (0)
    Personal & Family Services (0)
    Childcare (0)
    Transportation (0)
    Automobile (0)
    • New Car Sales • Repair
    Health, Fitness, and Beauity (0)
    Beauty Salons (0)
    Dentists (0)
    Fitness Clubs (0)
    Pharmacy (0)

canoe river rides (10)
    Last edited by Wendy me; 02-10-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Banned Read only
    WOW! a whole lotta nuthin'. Not even a saloon! Ride in, do whatca gotta do, ride out. Giddyup, paint!

deja

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy Salamander View Post
    seriously tho' while i've never been to Quapaw, i have been to nearby Neosho,Mo. and Neodesha,Ks on business and to several art functions in Joplin,Mo. and really have been better received than was expected
    Joplin Mo has the largest homosexual population in the U.S., higher than SF. It's no suprise you were well recieved there.

I spent 6 weeks setting up a Home Depot in Joplin, and even thou I didn't dress, I was hit on about 12 times by waiters there. The funny thing is, I was married and had my ring on & my partner at the time was single, and much better looking than me didn't get hit on at all, by the end of the 5th week, he started to get angry.

A perfect Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    don't look like a lot to do there...........
    Wendy, that's a LOT of zeroes!
    You know what's funny? Here we are, all picking on this little town none of us admit to visiting, but you know SOMEONE here is probably from the area and staying quiet! lol

"Oh no, they equated us to deliverance, I aint speakin' up now!"

Platinum Member
    rule #1 don't get in the canoe..........

rule #2 don't get in the canoe.........

rule# 3 see rules #1 and #2.... and don't get in the canoe..........

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    rule #1 don't get in the canoe..........

rule #2 don't get in the canoe.........

rule# 3 see rules #1 and #2.... and don't get in the canoe..........
    Too late Wendy, she got in the canoe. Hope she can shot arrows from those guitar strings.
    Striving for acceptance.

They may not lynch you but can you squeal like a pig?
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

I'm getting a little tired of all this anti-banjo hate and intolerance going on here. First of all, it wasn't the banjo player that porked Ned Beatty. No, it was one of those guys they met in the woods--probably a couple of Yankees that never found their way home after the War of Northern Aggression. The banjo player, as you remember, was gentle and friendly and played a nice duet with one of the principal characters. And although he was apparently retarded, he wasn't stupid enough to go canoeing down that river.

Kimberly, if meet any banjo players in Quapaw you can rest assured that they will be kind, tolerant, accepting, gentle and loving. After all, we know full well what it's like to be a member of a despised and misunderstood minority. So there, I feel better now.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 02-10-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added pic

Jam Session

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie C View Post
    Kimberly, if meet any banjo players in Quapaw . . .
    IF I meet any Banjo players there, we are probably gonna jam! Never met a musician that wouldn't jam with ANYONE as long as you bring the beer! (I'm sure there are a few, but I haven't met 'em!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie C View Post
    --probably a couple of Yankees that never found their way home after the War of Northern Aggression.
    "war of Northern Agression?" wow.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Never met a musician that wouldn't jam with ANYONE as long as you bring the beer! (I'm sure there are a few, but I haven't met 'em!)
    Hey now Kim, don't go picking on me just cos I don't drink beer and just happen to be simply horrible at free-form jamming unless I have the score printed out in front of me and already composed the proper solos... almost makes me feel like a second class guitarist here

Wahhhhh...

jenn

Hold on a second there....

Well, I was thinking of the VFW or maybe the YMCA? . . . NOT!!!!! Actually, it looks like I might be taking a drive to Tulsa to meet a Tsister there! Hey! I like that word - Tsister!
    Uhm, Kim, I just got back from Tulsa, it's not exactly a cd freindly town, and furthermore, I don't know if you'll find much more to do there! LOL

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    So, if upon entering that imaginary bar with 13 guys with no teeth spittin' tabaccie, they say " I wondering there if she'll squeal like a pig," think Ned Beaty, and high heel it otta there, OR belly up to the bar and join the good old boys and slam down a few Rolling Rocks and shots. Hmmmmm, I wonder what kind of story you'd come back with then. Aren't the Army folks so nice to think of you in arranging wonderful travel plans.
    Keep in touch baby

Score?

Quote Originally Posted by jennCD View Post
    Hey now Kim, don't go picking on me just cos I don't drink beer and just happen to be simply horrible at free-form jamming unless I have the score printed out in front of me and already composed the proper solos... almost makes me feel like a second class guitarist here

Wahhhhh...

jenn
    "Score printed out" and "already composed the proper solos" huh? I'll trade you? I would Love to be able to read music. Oh, and I'm pretty strictly a rhythm guitarist and don't do much in the way of solo's, so I wont be impressing anyone there!

"Score printed out" and "already composed the proper solos" huh? I'll trade you? I would Love to be able to read music. Oh, and I'm pretty strictly a rhythm guitarist and don't do much in the way of solo's, so I wont be impressing anyone there!
    Oh dear,.. trust me, I've had the pleasure of listening to some of your work that you posted and I'm quite impressed. My recordings were limited to me in my studio playing everything since I didn't know any other musicians... Haven't gone down there in yrs now (I was mostly creative only when depressed so it's been a while since I composed), so the place is pretty much now just a storage room for the kids.

Reading music is the easy part tho... understanding what sounds good takes a great ear. My music leans towards either 80s/90s pop-rock or classical-based piano/string instrumentals while my vocals are somewhat reminiscent of Geoff Tate of Queensryche (without the training of course)... so any time you want to bust an eardrum and cry at my singing, just hit me up and I'll send you an MP3. LMAO

jenn

Kim:
    If you hear someone say....Tex, I'm givin you to sundown to git outa town.......you better go and fast.

The Kimberley Hillbillys

So... when did you say you were going? - I can't wait to find out what it's really like there.

Smelly Hillbilly: ...."You shaw arr purdy Miss Kimberley"

Kim:................... "Awww shucks, I bet you say that to all the girls"

Smelly Hillbilly:.... " Nope, I aint never seen no gurls before "
    Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 02-11-2008 at 06:40 AM.