Thread: Wake Up And Wonder "Why"

Wake Up And Wonder "Why"

I have been a crossdresser since 2006. I have never been into trying to pass. I just wear what I want inside my house. I have been very happy with this and dressed in some form every day.
    But for some reason, one day I woke up and said to myself "why do I do this?" I had no good answer and as a result, I stopped dressing. I didn't quit, I just stopped. I have no intent to toss my stuff.
    Has anyone else ever had this experience?

Yes, I did ask myself Hon and finally got the answer. I don't have to do it but do it simply because I want to, when I want to and for no particular reason. Beats playing golf anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don`t know, there is beer at the golf course....and you can have a good cigar there.....

Quote Originally Posted by calliekat View Post
    I have been a crossdresser since 2006. I have never been into trying to pass. I just wear what I want inside my house. I have been very happy with this and dressed in some form every day.
    But for some reason, one day I woke up and said to myself "why do I do this?" I had no good answer and as a result, I stopped dressing. I didn't quit, I just stopped. I have no intent to toss my stuff.
    Has anyone else ever had this experience?
    I am at the same point. I have some awesome clothes and all of the make up that you could want and I haven`t dressed in several weeks. I just stopped. No desire too. Nothing. I even have a supportive wife.
    Last edited by CaptLex; 02-10-2008 at 10:33 AM.

[SIZE="3"]Human beings are strange and complex creatures. When we don't have any strife in our lives, like having a supportive SO, we sometimes have the tendency to not drag out any of our little hidden quirks and simply go along with life. But, at some point the internal desire will awaken and you will start thinking about it once again.

I certainly did, at least 4 times. Just don't throw your stuff away, purges solve nothing and cost a lot to replace.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Barbara
    Some days I need to have Barbara fully out and dressed, others I merely need a pair of panties under the drab. While Barbara is always a part of me, she is not always the dominant one. Take it as it comes.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

I would not get rid of my feminine clothing. Most of those who have, usually regret it. Somedays I can't wait to get dressed in my feminine attire, and some days, I don't have a desire at all. We're all entitled to our moods.

Yeah, what Salandra said!

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    Yes, I did ask myself Hon and finally got the answer. I don't have to do it but do it simply because I want to, when I want to and for no particular reason. Beats playing golf anyway.
    I think Salandra said it just perfectly so I've nothing to add other than my support for her comment. ;-)

Are you more of a daytime cross dresser or a nighttime crossdresser?

I think many of us find the need comes and goes - but when you can't, the need is often stronger. I don't think it ever goes away wholly.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

It's no big deal we all go through it at times, I love to dress everyday and can and do but there are days that I just don't feel up to it. But after a day or two back on goes the dress.

i have the same sort of phases, sometimes i can be bothered, other times i cant but thats just me. my wife and i were shopping yesterday, normally i have my head buried in the clothes racks but yesterday, wasnt interested, my wife had to force me to buy a bra that she liked for me. probably all change next week tho.

Or maybe you need a new turn or a hobby? If x-dressing is not for you?? Only You know.. Doubts sometimes turn to passions.. and love..
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Sweetie - we,ve all found ourselves in this questionable state of mind . Some of us , myself included have even thrown away all our girlie bits and bobs too - only to rush out later to restock and carry on crossdressing .
    My advice is to just chill , and dont beat yourself up wondering why you cross dress. I,ll wager , if you dont do it again in the near future , you will do at somepoint tho , and if you do , well heres power to you !!
    Good luck..

Why ask "why"? If it feels good, and you're not hurting anyone, why not?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't over analyse, there is something inside you that responds to female appearance and a desire to be like that at least superficially. Relax and the desire to dress will either evaporate or return, just make sure you have the clothes handy. Joan is with me always, no matter how I am dressed, for me it took a long time to reach this state, if you only started in 2006 as a CD you are still in the "child" state. Enjoy whatever.
    Beauty is in the smile of the beholder

I quit for a while, and I didn't miss it. Then the desire to dress came back, so now I'm dressing again. And I do it for a number of reasons, the greatest of which is that I want to. When I don't want to, I don't.

But.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandra
    Beats playing golf anyway
    I'll disagree there. There are a lot of similarities. Both are practically an addiction, I have good days and bad days at both, and I don't plan to give up either one.

Oh, and I can have beer and cigars with either one!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlej10 View Post
    Don't over analyse, there is something inside you that responds to female appearance and a desire to be like that at least superficially. Relax and the desire to dress will either evaporate or return, just make sure you have the clothes handy. Joan is with me always, no matter how I am dressed, for me it took a long time to reach this state, if you only started in 2006 as a CD you are still in the "child" state. Enjoy whatever.
    Callie, I think Littlej is rite. Many of us have no idea why we r compelled to dress in the first place! Or why we enjoy it so much.
    For me, NOT wanting to dress is a blessing! Then, I get to wash clothes, straighten up the house, and do other things that I've negleted when I'm in CD mode! I NEVER question why I don't want to dress any more, because I know the desire will return!

Oh, I only started CDing about 8 years ago.
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can dress whenever i please and every so often i just lose interest for no apparent reason. Quite often a few weeks later it restarts and i just carry on as before.
    I,ve tried golf and i suck at it, but do seem to have a lot of success at the nineteenth hole

wake up and wonder why

It's happened many times to me, been cding for 47 years off & on. Sometimes I feel very girlish and want to dress 24/7, & sometimes fahget about it! But the main thing is, I always go back to being a girl and loving every minute of it!

At times I do ask that question "Why do I x-dress?" Yet I keep x-dressing...

I have had some doubts in the past about continuing to dress "en femme". I've purged my closet of all my women clothes and underwear several times, but had to buy some again each time... So, now, even though my wife isn't too happy about my x-dressing she told me that I shouldn't purge anymore...

I am now convinced my x-dressing has genetic/organic/neurological roots, combined with youth experience. I can't change it so I live with it...

Eugenie

Oh yes! I often wonder why, but as some have said, they just accept that it feels "good" or feels "right", or, "we just want to!"

Sometimes I hate it that I am this way, but right now, I look down at myself and thing "I like it!"

Yes, I would like to really understand, but maybe I never will. Maybe it's just that I enjoy letting my femininity show!

Patti

Blue Ridge Mountains,Virginia..In the country

you know

There's something about dressing. I don't know if any of you other girls experience this or not. But when i get all dressed up and somesimes it takes me quite a while to get to where I can finally sit down at the computer with a cold beer and get on crossdressers.com. This is the time that I don't have a worry in the world. I have a whole lot of problems but everything seems to vanish when I get all pretty. It must be the best antidepressant in the world.
    HugsKisses
    Bobbie Jo

Aspiring Member
    i often wonder why i do this... i think i do this because the most important people that have influenced me have been women. i want to be them. the men have done a wonderful job of teaching me a good work ethic, and the problems that go with being "the man", the responsibilities and such. but i sooo much want to be them. the softer side, more gentel, accepting and forgiving than the male side. i relate my dressing to being those people than them(men) people.

I thought about that same question recently and did come up with an answer that pertains to why I do it. I mostly crossdress to releive myself of the problems and issues that affect my male persona. I have bills, stress, worries, job insecurity, money issues, car repair -- you name it and it is usually pounding the inside of my brain.

When Christine comes out and play... its just Christine and her toughts and dreams. I look at her in the mirror and what is staring back at me is not a man in a dress and heels, but a beautiful woman without a care in the world other than "Does this dress go with these shoes?" Bills turns to Bras. Stress turns to Stilletos, etc. A whole new set of thought push the bad ones either to one side or totaly away. If I want to go out dressed, then the sence of adventure comes into play further removing whatever stresses my male persona.

For me... crossdressing is the ultimate stress relief.