Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A minor asking me for advice, what should I do?

Secretary Wannabe

A minor asking me for advice, what should I do?

Hello,
    I recently had a 15 years old send me an e-mail asking for advice on what to wear and other crossdressing questions. What should I do? I wouldn't mind helping but I don't want to get in trouble since he is a minor.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Although it is good to help others in need, sadly in this day and age I would make minimal contact and just explain that due to there age, people may take any advice given in totally the wrong way!

Personally if this was me, I would avoid contact bar a quick reply to explain it is nothing they have done, nor what they do, but sadly the age, that has to hold you back. I know your help would be just advice, but at 15 some will view even good advice, as wrong, and therefore, you could get yourself in to unwanted problems, for no fault of your own!

I personally would advise him, if he is unable to talk to a close family member he speaks to a trained councilor who is a member of a help organisatiion. Sadly in todays world of child grooming and more, you need to be extra, extra careful. specially with children and what can be viewed as a sexual related perversion (to some)

Be careful out there. my
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Becareful on the internet first it could be a trap set up by police or could be a person looking to find you, well we want you around not on the local news or read of your obituary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_Victoria View Post
    Although it is good to help others in need, sadly in this day and age I would make minimal contact and just explain that due to there age, people may take any advice given in totally the wrong way!

Personally if this was me, I would avoid contact bar a quick reply to explain it is nothing they have done, nor what they do, but sadly the age, that has to hold you back. I know your help would be just advice, but at 15 some will view even good advice, as wrong, and therefore, you could get yourself in to unwanted problems, for no fault of your own!

I personally would advise him, if he is unable to talk to a close family member he speaks to a trained councilor who is a member of a help organisatiion. Sadly in todays world of child grooming and more, you need to be extra, extra careful. specially with children and what can be viewed as a sexual related perversion (to some)

Be careful out there. my
    Ditto's !

In Ohio it maybe con strewed as corruption of a minor. Cut it off with out another word. There are law enforcement officers on line, fishing for child molesters. CD.com requires you to be eighteen to be here, and there is a reason for it.

He is 15, you are in the states, you could get into all kinds of trouble discussing what is classed as an 'adult' topic, hence the reason only over 18yr olds are allowed on this forum. I have some forums you can pass on to him, these are legit forums and can help him properly.

http://crossdressers-forum.com/forums/index.php and tell them to PM Sharon(SO)

http://www.lauras-playground.com/teens.htm - website for teens

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TransgenderedTeens - yahoo group for teens

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tgteens - another yahoo group for teens
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Secretary Wannabe
    Thanks for the help everyone!

Advice

Since the person in question has said that he is 15 yrs old DON'T and I MEAN DON"T give any type of advice whatsoever!!!! As a matter of fact do not even answer this person again. I realize the intention(s) are good but it could get you in a peck of trouble, this is just my

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    Since the person in question has said that he is 15 yrs old DON'T and I MEAN DON"T give any type of advice whatsoever!!!!
    You do need to cut the communication off, but there's no reason you can't do it gently - forward Tamara's links and explain why you can't be a friend for them now?

I think on no account should you arrange any f2f meetings..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Yeah, cops love doing this type of thing, claiming to be a teen...

You could send a PM back to the person saying "Nice try, copper!"

You will never hear from him again.

But just explain "I don't know if you are some police officer trying to catch predators for Dateline, have a nice life".
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Yeah, cops love doing this type of thing, claiming to be a teen...

You could send a PM back to the person saying "Nice try, copper!"

You will never hear from him again.

But just explain "I don't know if you are some police officer trying to catch predators for Dateline, have a nice life".
    And if somebody had done that to you, when you were fifteen?

The problem is, we don't know either way, so compassion can't hurt?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I'm going with Tracys advice on thie one hun
    Angie

TxKimberly - I really think the advice you have given is not appropriate at all. 15 years old, in the states, they are minors and under the US minor law, Avs could get into a lot of trouble just talking to her, nevermind meeting her.

For example, say my youngest daughter was 15 (she's actually 13, but kids lie) and started talking to you Kimberly via email, saying she was transgendered, wanted desperately to be a male... and you started talking to her about it... and then the next minute you are in some place meeting her... do you have any idea how I'd feel about that? In this type of situation, I wouldn't know you from adam... and I'm pretty sure I'd have you arrested for enticement and whatever else I could throw at you.

This is the advice you're giving out, telling someone to go meet someones 15 year old son is wrong, and who knows, she could be walking right into trap couldn't she, because we don't know who this kid is, if it is really a kid in the first place.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

bEEb
    Place them on your blocked address list in every email program and browswer application you have ever used. Immediately.
    Never utter another word.

my 2cents

Well, I wish I would have been able to find help when I was 15 or younger, I would just tell them that you do not want to have impropper contact because of them being a minor. and say to them, since you are seeking information please try to find a friend or family friend that you can tell. At least go to the school concelor and say you need help.
    Jena

Although there is no law against wearing the clothes of the opposite sex/gender, I would proceed with caution in advising a minor on crossdressing because it could be construed as child enticemant, or myriad other offenses. What we take for granted as adults could be used against us for advising a minor, even with the best intentions. My Jill

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Tamara's rite

I have a teen daughter, too. If I found out u and she were in contact, I'd have them throw the book at u! Syphathetic CD? Not with MY kid!
    Pass on the teen websites, then, stop all contact!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The best thing you can do it pass on the links Tamara posted

You could add a note tellling them they need to be talking with those groups and not you

This person needs to deal with those who are used to advising children
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I would mark the link as spam so no others would come to you. This way there may be one, but no other link between the two email addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    I'm going with Tracys advice on thie one hun
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena11 View Post
    ..since you are seeking information please try to find a friend or family friend that you can tell.
    Surely family is likely to be a very big deal (or they wouldn't be e-m'ing people)? There are websites out there, specifically for minors - see Tam's links?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Tamara had the best idea. No way would I be involved with someone that age. Even when older folks ask me for advice, I hesitate. I'm not and never will be any "authority" on crossdressing, so what I usually say is:"Well, here is what I do." While I know what works best for me, I also know everyone is different.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    Even when older folks ask me for advice, I hesitate.
    Youngster....
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Yeah well . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    TxKimberly - I really think the advice you have given is not appropriate at all. . .
    . . . I've got news for you - I agree with you. Most of my post was my thinking out loud, but if you read it, you hopefully noted that I DID reach that conclusion and ended it with "Stick to email". I should have realized though that it wasn't a good idea to leave my thought process hanging out there and so I will go back and edit or delete it.

I agree with all of the advice to stay away, and also to maybe foward the appropriate links to this person, without any more contact thereafter.

I also think that you should not antagonise potential law enforcement with a "nice try, copper." or even ask if this is part of a sting. If it is, you are only confirming in the mind of whoever is watching, that you are the predator that they think you are. If you want to help, be polite, but distant, explaining VERY clearly that you cannot personally help, due to the misunderstood perceptions of some out there. Be clear, consice, and leave no room for misunderstanding. You sympathise, here's some potential help, there can be no further contact between us, and I have absolutely no interest in meeting you or helping you further, I am sorry. Good luck.

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I have a teen daughter, too. If I found out u and she were in contact, I'd have them throw the book at u! Syphathetic CD? Not with MY kid!
    Pass on the teen websites, then, stop all contact!
    RS
    Tamara's advice is best. Hypothetically, if an adult was merely talking to your daughter, with nothing even related to sexual matters and they had no intent of meeting, there would be no laws broken. At best you could try to get your daughter not to talk to anyone over 18. That would still leave her open to teen predators.
    A recent show on PBS dealt with teens use of the internet, and studies showed that most of them are aware of predators & ignore their attempts at contact.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Unfortunately there is a need for great caution in this situation. The only two sound choices are sending the links with a short note those would be more suitable for a teen. The other is to not respond at all.

Just for the sake of being careful, make sure you either save and print every single email or IM from this person. It will show the date, time and actual words said just in case there is a frustrated parent/authority figure/teevee guy that couldn't get a story out of you
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~