Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Story behind your femme name?

Story behind your femme name?

Hello all!

Here's a question I've always wanted to ask all the beautiful women on this site. Please forgive me if it's been asked before. Is there any story behind the femme name you now use?

In my case, my first name comes from one of the first girls I ever had a crush on. Her name was Dawn of course and I first saw her while on vacation with my family as a youngster. She was a teenager at the time and always wore and really filled out a skimpy white bikini while skiing or sunning herself on the beach. She had my heart for the whole week we spent at that lake but I was too shy and young at the time to tell her. My last name came alot easier. When I was deciding what name I wanted the girl in me to go by, I just happened to have a copy of the Webster's dictionary in front of me. Waalaa, I became Dawn Webster. I picked Marie, my middle name by just figuring out what flowed with my fist and last names. So there you have it....the story of how Dawn Marie Webster came to being....well at least the name part anyway! LOL

So girls?? Do you have a story about your name??

Hugs. Dawn
    "It's only when I lose myself in someone else, that I find myself. I find myself."
    Depeche Mode

Well... Back when I was born, they couldn't tell the baby's sex beforehand. My mother thought she was going to have a girl so she had picked out "Christine" I found this out in my late 20's (well into my crossdressing phase). After the boom of the internet, forums, blogs, etc., I could not think of a good name. Then it came to me "Why not use the name my mother picked out for me?" and Christine was finally born.

My name can go either way male or female, my mother named my Dale I just added the ce on the end to give it a more femine twist to it. All was wondered why a girl was named the same as me. Dale Evans.

Its funny because I have been asked by my daughter why I chose Joann, well I explained for many years since my birth my Mom always said I should have been a girl. Well I tried the name Josephine for a while but to me it was my name Joseph with the Femineend meaning female. Did not like that so I tried Jo and added part of the name of my Great Great Grandmother who I Really Look like (I Posted her Picture here once)and came up with Joann and middle name Marie. So this is how I am known as Joann Marie when I am out formally.Joann0830

First girl I ever had a crush on. Her name was April. She was gorgeous, and she was the most "developed" too.

I got mine from a character in a book. I needed a name, and just using the fem version of my guy name seemed lame.

Barbara
    No story here, just always knew I was more of a Barbara than anything else. Besides, depending on my mood, or the wifes, I can be Barbara, Barb or Barbie.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My dear late wife named me Sally shortly after we were married. I had not used a feminine name prior to that. I never was comfortable with Sally, so I wound up being Stephanie. No middle name and my last name has always been what it really is. She also called me Sissy around the house, and I never objected since I felt I was one!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath.

No story just thought that Naima sounds nice =)

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Easy with mine, anyone should be able to work it out.

lol
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Quite simple and boring. My real name is...... You work it out

Banned Read only
    I honestly can't remember but I know I've been calling myself Angela since I was a child. I've asked my older sisters and they don't have any explanation either. I didn't have any relations or friends called Angela, and I can't think of any girl heroines in books with the name either (though I'm sure there must be one somewhere). The only explanation I can think of is that I took Angela as my girl name because it had the same first two letters as my boy name.

While talking with my wonderful wife one day. She said that I should have a fem name. She said she always liked the name Sara..SOOOO That is what my first name became..As for the last name of Also.. I decided that I would be Sara and my male self also..Hence my fem name Sara Also..

When I first started going out I had picked the name Tina. I had used that name for a couple of years then when I went to a holloween party for work dressed fem and couple of the office staff said look just like Jennifer (one of the girls that work there) and it stuck with me ever since.

Mine came from A man da! I added the Shaft sir name because their are a lot of Amandas out there and I wanted something punchy and sort of english sixties sounding. Funny thing is although I made it up in the first place I feel its me and would find it hard to change now even if i wanted to. Amanda Shaft is a real person, I am she.
    Amanda
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Mine comes from a cute sweet girl at the bank that has alway been so helpful. It just stood out when I was thinking about it.
    Ashley

[SIZE="2"]Mine came from the kindest, least judgemental hairstylist I have ever met.

Tami

[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Paranoia rules Christina Louise's Avatar
    Christina (originally Christine) froma classmate when aged 10
    Louise from Louise Brooks the iconic film star

P.S. there is a recent thread asking exactly the same question:- http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=75698
    "In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them."

I think in my case, my name continues to evolve.. I'm thinking of yet another name change.. I had been talking to my mom and she said she would have named me Marie had I been a girl, so while the first name is taken, Carly, my middle name can easily be changed to Marie.. as far as where did the Carly come from?? that came from a name change a year ago when my original "grrl" name didn't seem to fit the way I thought it would..

My best friend and I sat down one night (just after I came out to her) with a bottle of wine and a baby names book. We decided to go through it alphabetically but we only got as far as A, as we stumbled across Annabel and both liked it so much, we decided we had a winner. Of course, within weeks it had been shortened to Anna, but I do prefer Annabel. Anyway, it's my legal name now, and I really couldn't imagine being called anything else.

I chose Lisa simply because I liked it. My last name was chosen to honor a woman I admired. I have used my fem name for so long that I think of it as my real name at times.
    ...LISA

Mine (Pamela) came from a neighbor's daughter who was the first girl I had a crush on when I was a child. I really liked the name and very rarely saw it anywhere over the next umpteen years. My avatar is just the name I use for this site.

a femme version of my real name which was shortened by a value friend and i liked it so it stuck

mitch

I like many others came from an area when the parents had to wait until you were born to find out if they had a boy or a girl. So most parents already had both a boy and girl names picked out. Mine is short for the girl name that mom and dad had picked out for me if I had been born a girl.

Simple really, it would have been my name if i had been born a girl according to my mum.