Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Story behind your femme name?

The story behind my name

the long version , well i have a friend in england who got her last name from a cartoon series Jennifer wanted to order a season of the Simpson's and the s/a ask her for her last name well she chose Simpson .
    now i love spider-man as a child an i love the initials mj .. but Mary Jane did not seem to work for me i went to baby names.com and looked for names with * M * i like the sound of Marissa , The * J * well i have a wonderful friend who was very nice and understanding to me when i came out her name is Jennifer .. so to honor her i took her first name .

i was born in the UK but ended up in Canada . when i came out to my family here in Canada it did not go well to them i am good as dead . so i wanted to change my last name i am dead anyway why not have a new start . my last name was also from .. a cartoon futurama the boy * fry * you see the girl mj and the boy fry girl/boy get it . i had the legal name change from ready to go and i told my sister in the UK "west Sussex " and she and my family back home are up set i was changing my last name and the family back home changed my mind
    so my yahoo and hot mail is mj_fry .. but my legal name is Marissa Jennifer Cannon .. i should have gone with fry ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wrestled with this for a long time. One night I was watching TV by myself and the movie Underworld was on. I took one look at Kate Beckensale and thought how I would love to be able to pull that look off (never ever gonna happen). Her characters name was Selene and I liked that so Selene it is.

Great question

And it is one that fascinates me but I really don't have a great story. Tried a couple of other names that I liked but didn't quite feel me. Started with Maria and then went to Julie. Liked Julie a lot but when I saw the name Julianne it just clicked. Then I thumbed through the phone book for a last name that sounded good and settled on Julianne Barrett.

Salandra is a title actually given to a previous avatar. Her function and purpose was balancing of energies. When I assumed the mantle, the title came along with it. My actual femme name is Arianna, which is also the name of my core self.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My name is Danielle Hyatt because my real is Dan and my husband I have as Danielle last name is Hyatt

well mines pretty simple

i was born james patrick howard rankin to my parents james and patricia rankin lol.

so anyways. there was this girl that lived beside me for a bit before she moved. her name was desiree. man when i saw her off and on, mostly off, throughout my life, girl was smoking ass fine. i should have a picture of her and a friend/schoolmate of mine from elementary and highschool. a few years ago i ran into her i wanted to see what shes been doing lately since highschool. turned out she was a caregiver type person to mentally-challenged people in my town. strnage thing is the woman hates me with a passion and ive done nothing wrong to her. maybe it was the time i told her man at the time that me and her got a little friendly at a cabin in hte mountains the previous summer when we were kids. ok but enough of the one who got away, lets focus on me.

i chose jamie patrice howard rankin because its the only one that i could remember offhand. ive had alot of blows to my head mostly from banging my head against the bathroom sink. jamie is a unisex name while patrice is a derivative of my moms name. i kept howard because i couldnt think of the fem version of it. rankin because it was either that or mcmahon (moms maiden name). come to think of it, maybe i should use mcmahon because i am irish and i got teased as a kid for my last name.
    [SIZE=2]im sunshine[/SIZE]

borrowed it

I always admired a friends girllfriend so I borrowed her name as my own. I only wish I could've borrowed her wardrobe though!

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I took my name from my favorite cousin who lives out in CA, plus it reminds me of the good times I have had on the Left coast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

My second wife tried to give me my first femme name of "Chrissy", but I didn't think it reflected my personality best. After she and I split, I chose to go with Kandis because I thought it fit me much better.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Just an extension of my real name.

my femme name

the way I selected my feminine name of Amy Anne was Amy was the name of a girl that I had a crush on in 2nd. grade and Anne is for the actress Anne Hathaway

From my parents (not sure that is right) but,

My Fathers name was Patrick and he was known as Pat so I took the other half to be Tricia. He is now sadly dead and that was the impetus for me to start realising my feminine side.

My Mother was a singer and had a stage name 'Margaret Dale' so I took Dale as the surname. She is still alive, knows about me and is frightened to death about what I am doing - but supports me.

Took a few years to get there though
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

wow! Nice legs!
    Because it's hot! Mystique... Mystical... Johnson.. get it, Johnson! lol

femme name

I asked my mother if i would have been born a female what would my name be, She said that it would have been Juanita. I added the S, that is the first letter in my mother maiden name.
    I love being a girl

my gril name i use

my name came out of a role playing game a very powerful careature out of d&d and i invented her and she is my true self..................jessica e.rains
    jessica elizabeth rains

Femme Name

Well,.. it started as Laura when I was 12 because my other name is Larry, then it became Victoria because I too had a wild crush on a Victoria, it stayed that way until the 80s when I started usung Daria because it was unique but people started abusing the name and concocting dirty variations so I went back to Laura then to Lauren.. which it remained until this forum when there were too many Laurens and I just became Laurelanne Hows that for boring but sometimes on the telephone I am TRacey.

For some reason there were a lot of Sarah's in my life for quite some time. It does'nt sound like a "boys name made into a girls". I just like it...
    As for the Plumber.
    My Grandfather was born "out of wedlock" and took his Mothers Maiden name (which the family still uses).
    Plumber was the name of his Father and the rest of his family as the couple finaly got married and had more kids. Grampa kept the maiden name.
    So technically it's the name I should have had.

Such wonderful stories ladies! A big thank you to all of you who posted replies!

Hugs. Dawn
    "It's only when I lose myself in someone else, that I find myself. I find myself."
    Depeche Mode

My Name?

I used to go out en femme quite a bit and was always afraid that, if someone called me by name and I didn't react promptly, that I would be read or at least look ditzy so I chose "Jenny", a name that sounded not unlike my male name.

My last name, Grier, came form looking up in the family bible all the distaff names as far back as it went. In other words, if all the women in the family had been the men and their last names had been the ones to be passed on to their children, we would all be "Griers".

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Because my name is really Dana.

Just a twist of fate?

The Analyst in Me...

Thanks Dawn for this thread.

Tracey is a gender neutral name from the 1960's. I was born in the 1950's so I figured, "Hey I just lost ten years"

Schapes is derived from, but not exactly from, my great-great-great-grandfather's surname from Germany. Though by tradition in that part of the country at the time, he adopted his wife's surname instead. So I brought it back.

Then put together it had a nice ring and sounded like "Tracing Shapes" as in hour-glass figure and so it was ever thus.

- Tracey

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I've always liked the name Debbie and was going to use it, but my SO suggested Debbee to be different and that one stuck!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Hello Dawn! Good thread. Mine is a play on my real name. I love it because I can answer the phone at work identifying myself saying "This is Dawn" and nobody knows any different! Sometimes I catch myself carrying out the AAAWW in it a little to long. But, what the heck, I love my name!

Dawn
    "Courage is being scared to death.............and saddling up anyway" John Wayne

".......the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression." -Thomas Jefferson

"I ain't here for a long time; I'm here for a good time......." George Strait

Heels and jeans rule! Rachael Turner's Avatar
    I'm a big reading fan and books in general so my original name was Paige Turner. (get it?)

Went out to a GBLT bar/dance club and a GG bartender that I am friends with loved my hair and said it was idetintical to the "Rachael" cut that Jennifer Aniston had on Friends. She started caling me rachael from that night on and everyone there did too. I figured if you can't beat them, join them. Hence, now I'm Rachael.

Being named after a charcter that was played by JA isn't so bad.

Not beautiful and the story of my name is quite dull... My parents chose it... Lisa Maria... The Golightly comes from my adoration of one Audrey Hepburn...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]