Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Story behind your femme name?

It was my father's choice.

I asked my parents what they would have named me if I had been identified as female at birth. My father told me he wanted to call me Lauren or Laura. I love both names,so Laura was a natural choice. Love you and miss you, Dad.
    Laura

Helen after a girl at my school I fancied and who looked a bit like me when we were both teenagers. MC being "Montfort" and "Cherub" which were the brand names of the two makes of Girls' School Knickers belonging to my sister Anne that I secretly wore as a teenager and I still wear these type or equivalents to this day. How many British "Gurls" remember these knicks and even still wear them?
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I dated a girl named Cheryl, and Ann was a sister of a friend. I thought the two names went nicely together.

I do not have one. My name Robbie is the scottish nickname for Robert. It is the name I grew up with. It is what everyone calles me. I only use Robert as a formal name in conversation.

Fay just popped into my head - it's blissfully short and sweet unlike my real name.

I took my name from a character played by Hilary-Shepard Turner. Her character sort of looks like a drag queen.

I wanted to take my name from one of my favorite actresses but her name is too close to my real one, so it seemed unoriginal. So I took her last name for my femme surname.

So, when en femme, I'm Lauren Parker. (Hardly seems significant to have a femme name since she's never been out in public.)

claire lewis

Wink

i have always loved 'Claire' as a girls name and combined it with Lewis which is a middle name shared by several members of my family ,

no imagination

my name is my name, the female version of it. but the story of where she came from may be of interest.
    it means wealthy or gift or grace of God. an ancient Hebrew name, it was soley a male name. jessies in falconry are leather straps used in aiding the bird of prey's training and retrieval. somewhere along the way Jessica became popular for gfs. Jess is the all purpose nick name for both xx and xy versions.
    in the late seventies, people began to muck with the name, some who didn't know or didn't care about tradition and began naming girls jesse and boys jessie. i think i first noticed it in Rick Springfield's I Wish that I Had Jessie's Girl and the tradition has been since blown all to heck. take for example John Denver's adopted daughter Jesse.
    well, as an effeminate youngster, i was always embarassed that i wasn't quite up to boyish par on the playing fields so i always blushed when receiving perfume samples in the mail, sent to a girl jessie but reaching me. something was reaching me slowly and only now bearing fruit. i grew a beard as soon as i could, and entered into all manner of "manly" activities. still got called "gay" a lot. bcame a womanizer. but it was because the women were drawn to my sensitivity, my femme side, i believe.
    today, in the office for the burly bus company i drive for, dispatchers mispell my name as a girl's name and i used to erase and use white out. but something has changed. even though i know they didn't mean it that way, now i smile at it and see that it is more truly me than what's on my birth certificate!
    it feels this way! a new girl has been born, who has been here all along but is now allowed to smile at herself, at least in a mirror. its a start. thanks for bearing with my drabble. perhaps my epiphanies can be part of the mix
    of these works of soul art we are creating,
    day by day.
    peace,
    jessie the girl

oh, i was named jesse after an uncle and grandfather never met because mother said no child of her's would ever be named harold, my father's name!
    Last edited by jessielee; 03-07-2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: forgot to supply punch line
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

Mine came from a very sweet girl I knew in high school.

ColleenW

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    Salandra is a title actually given to a previous avatar. Her function and purpose was balancing of energies. When I assumed the mantle, the title came along with it. My actual femme name is Arianna, which is also the name of my core self.
    Salandra,
    I have appreciated your many insightful posts over the last several weeks. Assuming the mantle implies that you have taken over some function for a previous poster on this forum.

I'm always delighted to see read your postings, but I'm curious about where Salandra comes from and why you don't sign messages as Arriana (and I'll be completely embarrassed if I got your name wrong between viewing the email and responding.

For myself for myself, my name really is Lee - it's a gender-neutral name and I've always thought of myself as somewhat odd (only in part due to my cross-dressing - aware of since age six, at least).

Lee

It was quite simple really. My real name is Brian so it just seemed natural to call myself Brianna. Had I been born a girl I would have been named Penelope so Penny was also a possibility but Brianna seemed more straightforward.

names

I just added two letters to my name. And i like the name deanna

Donnadawn. Seems like donna was a good femme version of my real first name and dawn represents the awakening of my femme feelings.

My fem name Sabrina Flowers, I liked the name Sabrina, and I liked Sabrina from Charlies Angels, Flowers was just picked out oneday.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Mine comes from the song Amy by Pure Prairie League.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

i was trying to think of a good spin off and Krista sounded good

i thought Amanda was good to A-MAN-DA

The four most beautiful women I've ever met were all named Sarah, and red is my favorite color.

Smile Always Liked the Name

[SIZE="3"]I've always like the name 'Genevieve'. Since there were other girls on the forum with the same name, I created 'Gennee' (pronounced Jenny).

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".