Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling like a women

The OP asked us a question, What is y'all's take on this??? Pretending to be pregnant? if we can't post honestly, what's the point? My post wasn't rude or harsh, I simply stated that I personally didn't like it, just like I can't stand clowns and if someone here dressed up like one, I'd most likely be sick... We can't always post 'oh wow, that's great, good for you' can we? we'd be like robots if we did no? Like someone said earlier, this is a support forum, why can't those who have posted they don't like it, have their opinion supported also?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Banned Read only
    Gosh, i'm glad this thread has remained kinda calm, even though it has had the potential to get all flamey! Thanks for that, girls!

Even though Amanda's particular penchant for the pregnanacy look is somewhat disturbing to most of us, at least we were able to try to understand...

And more important, I think it made a lot of us remember and appreciate the lives of the real women that we love so much! In our own self-absorbed pursuit of a femme goal, many of us sometimes forget the feelings of those we love and the truly unknowable depths of the human psyche.

respect (for hard questions) & love,

deja
    Last edited by deja true; 02-12-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

Giving life is one of the greatest thing A woman can do and I feel we should n't go there hun I think we are intruding enough on the lady's
    Angie

are people not allowed opinions now?

[SIZE="2"]It seems everyone who finds this offensive or disgusting is being told off for daring to have an opinion. Well, #1 asked for opinions and that's what were given. If what was wanted was for everyone to agree with them, that's what should have been said.

Surely everyone in this community should remember the adage 'Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself'.

Why are people so keen to throw stones?
    I will make absolutely no apologies for my feelings on this matter. You can call it "judging" if you like, but I do find it highly offensive - it makes a mockery of something so incredibly special and unique to women, is there NOTHING that is allowed to be sacred to REAL women anymore???

The thought occurs to me, that I wonder how the folk here who find this so offensive would feel about a barren woman who did the same thing? Perhaps they might feel sympathy, or pity - but would they ever openly express such disgust?
    Absolutely I would find that equally offensive and disturbing. I belong to a parenting forum where we have the odd person come along and "pretend" to be pregnant, to be parents, or to have seriously ill children. Sure some of these people are mentally disturbed and need professional help - but that doesn't change my view of what they have done. It is wrong and offensive to me no matter who you are or whether you're male or female.

[/SIZE]

Talking Male Seahorses

The males give birth. The little guys just pop out from dad's pouch and ask to borrow the car keys. Well, I have a feeling that many women would be glad to have YOU go through labor for them. I believe that some men really do have a "broody hen" gene. And we are made from a male and female, so I imagine that a few biological women feel more like being a "dad" than a "mum". No disrespect intended here.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

Oh no I think its cool, I just haven't been able to pull it off myself. You should check out the "Leg Affects" website if it still exists. It had plans for large hip and thigh padding.
    A Member of the Revolution.

Feeling Like a women

Amanda here, I want to thank everybody that posted a response to my question. I was not and still not try to offend any one at all. I know some are offended I am very sorry you were. I just want to know what everybody thought of this, and now I know. I hope we can move on. I again aplogize if anybody was or is offened.... Thank you so very much for your response.....

Amanda

26 yr old gay Crossdresser in Virginia

On Pregnancy

First of all Kimberly...I think that you are both extremely attractive and most of all Extremely Wise

...on a much lighter note...and we all should all ease up a bit...I am surprised that no one has come up with the idea that trying to get pregnant is a much more enjoyable experience than going through the whole nine month process and birthing...just my opinion.

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    like 'you' said, you're a man, you couldn't possibly understand..
    If that's not putting all men in the same box I don't know what is!!

I can understand a TS wanting this, but not a CD.
    Depending on your definition of CD and TS I would take offense to this! Many CD's are not just about the clothes. Emulation and epmathizing with women is a big part of what we are like inside.

Quote Originally Posted by secretlypsycho View Post
    [SIZE=2]My "take" on it is that it is incredibly offensive - pregnancy is a personal and special thing, to do with a life growing inside you, not the shape of your body, and a man pretending to be pregnant makes a total mockery of that. [/SIZE]
    We're talking about a CD, at home, trying to put herself in the place of a pregnant women. She's not dressing up in a mini and going down to the local club and acting the fool with a pregnant belly hanging out. "That" would be offensive. Are you offended when a little girl puts a pillow under her nightie and pretends she is pregnant? This is much the same thing and different genitals should not be a cause to trigger offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Giving life is one of the greatest thing A woman can do and I feel we shouldn't go there hun I think we are intruding enough on the lady's
    I think most of what we do in trying to find peace with our gender "issues" is not an intrusion on genetic females. If anything it is showing how much we embrace and honor their beauty and tenderness.

Quote Originally Posted by secretlypsycho View Post
    [SIZE=2]but I do find it highly offensive - it makes a mockery of something so incredibly special and unique to women, is there NOTHING that is allowed to be sacred to REAL women anymore???[/SIZE]
    You obviously haven't been here very long (january 2008) if you are using the term "REAL" woman and not expect to offend many, if not most of us here!

It's one thing to not agree with this posters experimenting with what pregnancy looks, if not feels like. You can say it is inappropraiate in your opinion. But to get your hackles raised because someone is trying (in private) to put themselves in the place of a pregnant woman and trying to imagine what it is like is ludicrous!

I'm sure many like me are very envious of that part of a female life that we will never experience first hand. I genuinely told my wife that I would carry our babies if it was possible and I jolly well meant it at the time! And yes, we know it's not all sweetness and light and "oh I felt the baby move". I lived right beside that belly for 9 months twice and have a pretty good idea of just how all encompassing and uncomfortable it had to be. The point is that even with all the bad, most women hold it as a very important part of their life. That makes it a very important part of life that we can only imagine.

Why do you think there exists a product whose sole function is to make the non-pregnant, feel pregnant? It's main use is for teenagers who have yet to get pregnant, and for men who obviously will never be pregnant.

http://www.empathybelly.org/home.html
    Sally

Surely it's not that uncommon for both teenagers (of both sexes) and 'soon-to-be-fathers to be trained in what it feels like to be pregnant, by wearing padding to simulate a near term pregnancy - is that similarly 'wrong and offensive'? And if not, why not?

http://www.empathybelly.org/Instructor_Manual_std.pdf
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

GypsyKaren
    There's to much arguing going on here, this is what always happens with these faking pregnancy threads, this one is closed.

Karen Starlene