Thread: The cost of acceptance!! A light hearted view!!

The cost of acceptance!! A light hearted view!!

Since accepting myself and dressing regularly i,ve come to realise that being a "girl" isn,t the cheapest thing i could have done with my life!!
    [Don,t say i look cheap in my pics..It cost,s a lot of money to look that cheap].
    First off added to my normal monthly budget i,ve now got to allow for femme care products [i.e moisturisers,etc] and cosmetics. Also i have to allow myself a clothing allowance for such things as pantyhose,etc. [Pink fog not included..I.E.."Oooh!! Cute top/skirt/shoes/etc..I,ve just soo got to have them].
    And that,s just the start, i haven,t even started going out yet.
    What will this end up costing me?..Can i afford this?..Should i get myself a part time job as a barmaid?....Or maybe should i just stop before this gets silly?? [Oh it already did!!]
    Anyway what do you think?

it's way too late for you now . when you start going out you'll find out you can't wear the same outfit to the same type of function all the girls will be watching you your every move .. and you have not started yet .

more dresses , skirts , tops , shoes 100's of shoes more makeup , hair , nails , feet pedi , welcome to our world sister , ant it great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome to the club, Deborah

It is not only the financial cost of clothes, shoes, wigs, makeup, jewelry, etc. you have to take into account the time consuming activities that your x-dressing entails...

But the "benefits" are well worth these investments

Enjoy yourself, have fun, meet other sisters, you have only one life...

Eugenie

Whatever you spent to get that tiny waist was worth every penny!

Once you open up this wallet Its kinda hard to close it. I find you can get some good deals on Hose, Makeup and stuff on the net if you already know what works for you. Still, its not the cheepest hobbie.....ehehe

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I used to think that those old sit-coms about wives spending and buying and getting their nails done were pretty funny stuff.
    Oh, but how true it is now. Pedicures every so often. Make-up (don't I already have every shade of lipstick and how many different eyeshadows are there?) Clothes. Just don't let me see the Sunday newspaper circulars from the department stores.
    If there were more hours in the day, she'd have to get a job to support herself.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Gold Member
    MJ speaks the gospel here.
    Someday, no matter how many clothes you have, you will discover you have nothing to wear.

The raggedy ol' man tee and jeans can be worn as long as their is one stitch left, but no madame, not the femme things. It is not a rule, but something we feel.

Hey there is a good side to this - At least you have a knowledge in CD'ing and have ideas of what to buy and all. When I first started from scratch, oh my gyod, I had NO idea where to even start.

Being femme or feminine will lighten your wallet at times.

ANYWAYS, right now I need to go shopping, I swear by the pie in the sky, cause something at the store, something pretty and on sale, is calling my name, I need to go find out what it is. MAYBE I can avoid the makeup counter. Probably not. SOMEONE STOP ME!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

It definitely gets costly. I have bought mostly thrift which helps cut costs, but sometimes there is a certain style I REALLY want that I just can't find at a thrift store, or they don't have my size. And I just HAVE to have it, so it gets a little more costly.

Plus the pink fog doesn't help when it makes you go a little overboard. Yesterday I intended to get a bra & panties, and a babydoll. I ended up with 4 pairs of panties, 2 bras, and a babydoll. But it was all on sale, so I felt it wasn't that bad...until I got to the cash.

Co$tly i$n't the word, more like OMG expen$ive.

This morning, with no intention of spending any money, I left the house for work. (Small problem, my work involves being out on the road alone) Passed by my favorite lingerie store, and some invisible force field pulled me inside. $88 dollars later I managed to escape, only to find myself being dragged into a Hanes Bali outlet, $49.75 was my ticket out. Then a Dress Barn loomed in front of me, that was $58 and I wasn't looking for anything.

I'm really gonna have to get a second job. Glad I don't dress full time. I'd be afraid to even think about that.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Thanks for the answers ladies!! Hmm looks like being skint is normal for us c/ders then..Now where,s the phone number of that bar that was advertising for staff?
    I hope they want me to wear a short skirt and tight top

I know exactly what you mean. I have been having to clean out drawers and closets, and promised my SO that I will keep to a budget on buying clothes, but it is so hard. This is WAAAAY Expensive...but wouldn't change a thing
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle Anise[/SIZE]

Sissy Maid of MsJanGG

www.flickr.com/jansplaytoy

I do all my shopping online, still to shy for FTF sales. Still, it adds up fast. $482.00 at Fredericks this month...
    Dani

The cost of acceptance!!

But it's worth every penny.

Banned Read only
    Gosh, yes, the money goes fast. "But, Hey, I'm worth it!"

Spent $1500 last month in Miami shops, but before we get into a "I spent more than you did" contest, keep in mind that I only get to shop once a year. I live way far away from the civilized (T-friendly) world. And pretty much can't shop online because of shipping and airport inspections (scary).

What I do to keep from going really overboard is find outfits and looks in magazines and on-line and keep them in my "girl-book", a notebook to help me refine my idea of what will look good and what goes with what. That way, I know what I'm looking for and very seldom get waylaid by impulse purchases. (Limited luggage space, you know.) I also end up with well-co-ordinated outfits and very little in the way of stuff that I reget that I bought or end up with a great pair of shoes that don't go with anything else. Hate it when that happens!

Wish I could shop at whim, but this way, I've got some very nice outfits and very little unworn stuff.

(jealous) respect & love,

deja

It's a real b***h having to have 3 wardrobes. Let's see.......................
    #1) Mine
    #2) The wife's
    #3) Ours

I laughed reading your post, but there is so much truth to it, In my case its times two, i have to buy for my wife too.. ouch.....

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    MJ speaks the gospel here.
    Someday, no matter how many clothes you have, you will discover you have nothing to wear.

The raggedy ol' man tee and jeans can be worn as long as their is one stitch left, but no madame, not the femme things. It is not a rule, but something we feel.

Hey there is a good side to this - At least you have a knowledge in CD'ing and have ideas of what to buy and all. When I first started from scratch, oh my gyod, I had NO idea where to even start.

Being femme or feminine will lighten your wallet at times.

ANYWAYS, right now I need to go shopping, I swear by the pie in the sky, cause something at the store, something pretty and on sale, is calling my name, I need to go find out what it is. MAYBE I can avoid the makeup counter. Probably not. SOMEONE STOP ME!
    The really killer thing for me is since I don't dress 24/7 this perception of not re-wearing going-out clothes is bleeding over into my man life. So now I've become a male clothes *****. $$$