Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does everone have a secret to hide?

Just here to make freinds

Does everone have a secret to hide?

You kind of have to wonder sometimes - does everyone have a secret that is lurking? I feel that almost everyone does - at some point in their life. Some go to great measures to hide that secret and some get to the point where they don't want to hide it anymore. Why do you think that is? Is it society telling us what is normal and so we have to go underground and hide certain things? On the other hand I think that people like to have a secret - personally I like mine...
    Really enjoying this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda C View Post
    Is it society telling us what is normal and so we have to go underground and hide certain things?
    Sadly, yes...... I was going to say more but I'd rather stay out of the "politics" of life here on my happy forum day.

Gold Member
    Well, I have a shameful secret. This one is bad -
    I once farted in an elevator where there were a bunch of midgets.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Well, I don't believe I am telling this.... I hope no one ever finds this out, but...... I dress up like a girl sometimes
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Well, I have a shameful secret. This one is bad -
    I once farted in an elevator where there were a bunch of midgets.
    Good luck with that one! Oh and by the way if I wanted to hear an A--hole I would have farted - just like you!!!
    Last edited by Linda C; 02-13-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Really enjoying this!!!

Some are cute little secrets,

Some are deep dark secrets,

Some are better left alone!

Mine is that I sometimes like to dress up like a guy. Hey, you asked. Nope, don't have any reason to be secretive. I do, however, know of many things that the average person either would not believe or does not realize but they are not secrets per se.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's a theory in psychology that goes something like this: "Every person has something(s) that they keep within themselves, sharing it with no one." So says the theory, that if you did not withhold some part of your psyche by keeping at least something(s) secret, then you would probably lose your essential identity and probably have deeply rooted problems. So, it's probably a reasonable assumption that you are right. Just about everyone hides secrets.

If you choose to make CD your "secret," that's up to you. But remember, it may be a fundamental thing in your life, and that will be a huge burden to keep it hidden. Probably better to keep the smaller stuff intact....like you don't like the taste of rutabaga's, or something like that.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I do believe everybody has secrets. Sometimes we just don't tell until someone asks.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    Well, I don't believe I am telling this.... I hope no one ever finds this out, but...... I dress up like a girl sometimes

Now that's funny..
    [SIZE=2]____________________________________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Too many thing to do, to little time. Enjoy who you are,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The DH for Abigaild(GG)[/SIZE]

I think everyone has secrets. Some just have more than others.

I couldn,t possibly tell you!!..It,s secret!!

I love it - a bunch of wise girls!!!!
    Really enjoying this!!!

time to come clean

i love to dress like a woman,i love it,i wish my boss would find out.i wish i could go out dress and no one cares what i am doing.

Yes I do. Funny thing though, I've mentioned particular things to some people and other things to different people. I suppose if a good number of persons got together and compared notes, just about 98% of me would be "out in the open".
    For years my wife thought she knew all about me, until I "came out". Still there are a few parts she doesn't know about, and I'd rather she didn't learn about them, however, a "friend" knows about those things, but not about some of the things my wife knows.
    About all I'll say is, that there are a few things that will follow me to my grave and never be mentioned.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I have secrets, my passwords, my credit card numbers. I don't advertise my crossdressing but if anyone were to ask I would tell the truth.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    Gosh, I think sterling12 is right with that psych quote. Your secret may be that you dress. And don't you think that it also defines the rest of your life, too.? It's always there, in the back of your mind. Every comment you hear, your opinion or appreciation of everything you look at is colored by your secret. Some lines in a movie or a song affect you differenly than non-CDs.

You killed, you raped, you were raped, you cheated on the exam that let you pass the course that made your career. You used sub-standard materials in that building you built. You ruined someone's life or marriage with a lie or an unexcusable act. You let the one you truly loved marry someone else without telling them of your love.

It's the bad secrets we keep. And they affect our lives forever, one way or another. Our deep secrets make us act better sometimes out of remorse, or they make us worse and turn us inward with an all-encompassing guilt.

Yep, like the psych quote says, they mold our public and private lives.

Good secrets? Maybe no such thing... If something's really good, we shout to the housetops!

(public) respect and (non-secret) love,

deja

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

People r like onions

We have layer upon layer of ever deeper, hidden thots and feelings. The older we get, the more layers we add.

There R secrets hidden so deep inside of each of us, we r not even aware of them!
    Beware the, "monsters of the Id"! (Anyone remember that classic film?)
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Me too! And sometimes it's more than sometimes!

You're right about society dictating that it be kept a secret. And keeping it secret, presumably to avoid ridicule and loss of esteem in the eyes of others, does get old after a while. But I didn't make the rules, I just ignored them to some extent.

I don't really like having this as a secret. I don't particularly want any secrets. I enjoy my privacy and my time to myself, but I could do without the secret part of it all.

And I really like it, too. I kinda hate it, and I like it at the same time.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Even when you tell your secret, you usually hold back some little part of it for yourself. I've told my secret to my wife but if she only knew the whole secret I think she would be totally in shock.
    Striving for acceptance.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Wow this is a loaded question...hmmmm...where does one start?
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

lovley lindsay
    i enjoy the fact of living a dual life... it keeps things exciting and new an feels more intimate that way

I believe that everyone has some sort of secret. Some are more interesting than others and some secrets are better off remaining as secrets.

~C

Back in the past glories of TV, they made a game show of the theme of this thread.

yes, we all do..

I think we all have secrets, and we spend much to much energy keeping them from others. It's so much better to be open.

I was watchng Roger Clemens and MacNamee. Clemens looked (to me) so tortured, MacNamee was calm, he had nothing to cover up. Give me the honest cheat any time!

I sometimes "confess" things to people just to open them up, and I've discovered some really amazing things about people I never would have thought.

Sometimes our secrets are small, and still very important to us....here is a wonderful site:

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

chrissie

Last edited by Holly; 02-14-2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content