Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever get derogatory comments hurled at them in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Aubrey
    Oh just the usual insults calling me a jarhead or a grunt and that Im fighting Bush's war.WTF! I dont even support whatever is going down in Iraq and Im a Republican.

Anyhow sis,dont let words get you down.Just shrug em off(I know its not the easy).Be the better woman and dont let them get to you.Obviously they are insecure about themselves. Personally,I would have punched in the face.I know 2 wrongs dont make a right but I am belligerent somtimes
    Welcome to the club my friend.Somtimes I get out of control beligerant.I really have to stop doing that,Unfortuneately my Priscilla side is so whimpy.that my Tom side takes over;he is the one to worry about.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Years ago...

an old high school friend of mine was home on leave from 6 months at sea. He was a sonar tech on a nuclear sub. Anyway, he had lots of pent up energy after all of that, and he was so anxious to drive his car that, when we went for a drive into town, he drove like a complete idiot. When we parked in front of the local hardware store, I guy about twice his size got out of another car that had been in front of us, and the guy glared at us angrily. Without missing a beat, my friend shouted in an aggressive voice I'd never heard before saying: "Wtf are you lookin' at?" The guy immediately turned and quickly walked into the nearest storefront. I looked at my friend, who I'd always known as a soft spoken type, but never as this type of person, and he simply said: Some things they teach you in the Navy actually work.
    Long story short, sometimes the bullies are bigger pussies than even we girls hope to be. I'm not advocating that kind of behavior, but about a year ago on my way out of a local Best Buy store, a pair of young redneck types passed me going the other direction. One of them said "What are you looking at, you faggot?" I had barely even glanced at them, and walked a few more steps before I realized he was talking to me. Something snapped a little in me, and I turned and yelled at the a-hole. He stopped, turned around and looked at me for a second, and then he just turned around and went in the store.
    Sometimes, you just have to stand up to them. Other times, it's best to ignore them. Either way, just remember, THEY are the ones with the pathetic lives that are so dissatisfying that they need to take it out on people they THINK are unable to defend themselves.
    I can't wait to open up the newspaper some day and read a front page story about a dumb redneck who got the piss beat out of him by a cd.
    I'm rarely cold hearted, as I think you girls know, but the testosterone in me boils when I hear stories about bullies and rednecks.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go fold my panties.
    Chrissy

Thankful To Be A GIRL!!! tgirlkari's Avatar
    You can't let the idiots of the world stop you from living. I once had three guys in a chevy yukon yell some pretty nasty things at me and as I rolled my window up one of them spit on my window. Idiots are everywhere. Live happy!

on the rare occasion...

Amanda and I have been out in Toronto and the only really negative comment we heard was on a esclator in the Eaton Centre and it was a group of young men who said very loudly "that's a guy!" but they did not point. Now the funny thing was there were groups of women in front and behind us and all the women turned and glared at the men and no one even looked twice at us. It is like everyone thought they were talking about gg's. We walked off and still no one paid us the slightest notice. But still in unnervered us both.

Several times while walking on Queen St (which is a very cool and bohemian nighborhood) we have been called dykes and queers. One funny thing happened one evening right after a fetish night and we had one of my gg friends with us and were all dressed pretty sexy. We are walking down the street and these group of Italian men says "look those are guys". Now upon hearing that me and my gg friend both said "are you sure about that?" and the guy who yelled at us totally got dogged by his little friends. Of course Amanda just did not say anything, but it sure was funny.

Several times while I have been in our gay ghetto of Church street I have been mistaken for a guy beucase I usually dress glam when we are out with false eyelashes and really stacked heels. I have had several admireres come up to me and mistake me for a crossdresser and of course when they find out they are flirting with a gg they are sadly disapointed.

Mostly though we have been lucky.

hugs
    kathy in canada

agree with selena

Well I would have to agree with selena, Their are to many closed minded individuals in this world and you have got to be yourself. If you go around beleaveing everything everybody tells you then your not you, the beutiful you. My advice is to continue doing the things that make you happy, But never stop being aware of your surroundings. Always know the environment your in and control is the key to keeping the anger in if any dirogatory word or terms directed at you. Love to all the girls and have fun Stephanie

As much as Sherry goes about on errands, etc. there has been very little hassle or harrasment. Only two instances in the past 3 years: After getting off the city bus (no problems there, at all) I was walking to the next stop for my transfer when a 20-something passed me. When he was even with me, he looked over and said "morning, Sir". It cracked me up!!!!

The other time I was with another CD going into a used clothing store, when some teenagers started whistling and yelling things like "Oh, baby, you do wiggle when you walk," etc. We both ignored them, and the other people in the parking lot pretty much looked at them like they were real morons ... which, of course, they were.

Sherry
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're right
    Henry Ford

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    I too, would, at 186 pounds, and 5 ft 7 in tall, stand out like a fireplug in dress! ---I do not show myself much, outside the house. It's too dangerous.---But I have been known to walk the block, when it's pitch dark, and no moon is up!---Nothing ever happens, but I DO try to tempt it! ---(in a safe way, I suppose.)------I am not one to "gamble", so that should tell all of you something!

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Esprit

While at Esprit, we were walking back to the hotel after an event at the local Elks club lodge and some local macho men said "No matter how you shake it, you still have dangling bits."

LOL, they were right, but we just laughed and kept on going. We didn't feel threatened, and we knew that we were probably a bit more feminine than most women around that day.. They must've been dissappointed...

Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."