Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone retired?

Anyone retired?

I find that in taking recent retirement it is interesting that I can now dress to my hearts content, 24/7 if I want to. Although I don't venture outside it's interesting now that I don't have to worry about the boss or co-workers finding out about me anymore. There's no more pressure to worry if someone will laugh or talk behind my back because I don't have to put with going in to work anymore. And if anyone did indeed say something? Well, I live alone and since they can mail my retirement check anywhere I now also find I have the freedom to move whenever I want or feel the need too!

Do any of you older folks in here understand this concept? And do you find it as liberating as I do?

Platinum Member
    well i am 50 and been retired for a few years now ..... my wife knows but is supportive a can dress most often as i care to ..... freedom is a cool thing..... enjoy......

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Retired???

Although I am 75, I am not really retired. But I am now, and have been for over 30 years, self employed. Did not like having to answer to a boss! So now I work if I feel like it! As a widower I live alone, so spend a lot of time totally enfemme at home, and enfemme underneath my suit when I am out on sales calls. My late wife was very accepting, so dressing is nothing new. Freedom to dress is really great!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath.

Aspiring Member
    I enjoy wearing whatever and whenever I feel like it the only problem I have is some friends will drop by that work second or third shift.
    Have been caught with nail polish on my toenails, he didn't say anything and neither did I.
    Others I have made it to the bedroom and strip everything off before they have seen me.
    No I am not out to my friends or family even though that was the main reason of my divorce and my ex-wife let it be known to my family.
    They haven't said nothing about it and neither have I.
    That has been over 15-years ago.
    But then again I live over hundred miles from them mainly for that reason.
    I have gone out completely dressed as a woman for drives and to the post office after hours to mail some items.

Talking Retired Part Time Hermit

Retired, but not tired. I have a lot of free time, and a closet full of male and female clothing. (I am a GG). I have a female mannequin that I dress like a man from the waist down, and female from the waist up. So far, she's ok with the experience. No complaints. When Spring comes, I will dress her 100% female. I am so glad to be out of the rat race, and enjoy the natural peace of the desert, but I do need to go to Las Vegas for a big dose of excitement.And Las Vegas is the People Show. High energy, and something for everyone. It's a plastic surgery candy $tore. Kind of. A lot of brasserie, and wig stores. Hee Hee.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

Talking Yay

I only wish I could retire, go ahead rub it in
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Yup, retired for most of a year now. While the SO was working, I could dress while she was at work - that was great. Now that she has retired, my dressing is limited to when she takes off for somewhere - not as good. Some events coming up that may get her out of state!
    Susann_Gardener

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Not interested in retiring---- yet

I only work at my business part time now. I'm an independant old cuss! Like doing what ever I like, when ever I like. Rite now, that is some working, traveling and CDing. Still have a young daughter in school, with me part time. When she's gone, I will be, too! Either over seas, or overboard with Sherry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Shiny, I took retirement about a year ago so I could care for my wife. She passed away in August and although I miss her greatly, I'm enjoying the freedom to dress whenever I want. Because of the type of work I did, I seldom had the opportunity to dress at work and none of my co workers knew my deep dark secret. I'm making the most of my retirement and have even started going out en femme and loving every minute of it. Enjoy your retirement girl, You earned it and now you can spend your time en femme, and nobody but the walls have to know it. Luv and Jill

I've still got a few years to go, but I can not wait to get there! Gonna do like the song, and go where the weather suits my clothes--Hope you enjoy every minute!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I have been retired for a little more than three years. Although I can not dress when I like because my wife in only tolerant, I can take advantage of opportunities that come up from time to time. I am mostly enjoying my other hobbies and certainly do not miss work. I do miss being around people sometime.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

[SIZE="3"]No . . . and I do not plan on retiring for a few more years. So I am in the same boat as a lot of you girls. Worrying that I might be found out at work. Well, last Friday, I was changing clothes, EVERYTHING except panties, and I just had to put on my soxs and shoes when a fellow worker came in the room. I do not know if he saw my painted toenails, but nothing has been said yet. Oh, well, the things I have to put up with if I want to look my best. [/SIZE]

Retiring

I am about 2 1/2 years away from retirement and I hope to be able to stay dressed for at least an couple of days every now and then. My wife has started accepting my little passion and now helps me buy things when I need/want them. I am pretty happy right now.

JEANNIE
    Last edited by Jeannie; 02-19-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargirl View Post
    . I have a female mannequin that I dress like a man from the waist down, and female from the waist up. So far, she's ok with the experience. .
    So what hapens if the mannequin objects and is uncomforfortable in those clothes? Do you burn her or put her in the close until she stop grumblig?

Yeah I'm retired- at 55 , forced out and loving it!

Am now 61 and worked 30 years as a graphic advertising artist in our city newspaper., now have the wonderful experience of being a medical taxi driver for people to go to their doctors appointments. I'm meeting all kinds of people from all walks of life and hearing incredible stories of their lives and what they've been through that I would never have been exposed to chained to a desk/drawing board in an office setting.

Megan

I'm 65 and in my 3rd retirement, Not free to dress as much as I would like, but enjoying retirement. However, I could never be fully retired. I'd get too bored.

Retired

I'm 71 and retired for 5 years. It's great. My wife and I have been to Ireland,
    went to New England to see the fall colors and then to San Diego, to the Zoo and then to Palm Springs and saw of the "stars" houses. Really great. beth ann

Retired from my life's career, but still working. I don't think I will ever quit working.

I've been retired for nearly 4 years. I have so many things going on in my life that I seem to have less free time than when I was working. The freedom is great and I am never bored. I dress femme and go out when it is convenient to my schedule.
    Phoebe

Aspiring Member
    Phoebe, get on your bike and ride!!! its so inexpensive to ride(so to speak), and from where you live not a far away dream to get into the mtns. and ride. just be sure to pack the right clothes for the tirp!!!

I retired almost 2 years ago - April 26, 2006 after hitting my personal trifecta: age 55, 30 years service, end of fiscal year longevity bonus for being at the top of my pay grade for over 10 years (bought my laptop with the bonus).

I'm enjoying dressing (at home) and doing computer volunteer work when I feel like it.

I took early retirement in 2003 and can dress enfemme 24/7 if I choose with wife's 100% approval and participation. I must say that I have never been more active since retirement and do not miss the hectic life of being an executive.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Yep, retired and loving it. Many folks say they can never retire as they would be too bored but as a very wise woman recently said:"Boring is good, pressure is bad." They can "bore" me any day.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Retired from the Navy 22yrs. Still working right now a security supervisor.

I'm retired as well. I've been dressing full time for about 10 years, on my last two jobs. As a minister, retirement means I don't have to worry as much what bosses and congregations want, and can devote my attention to what my real Boss wants. And I can take care of myself more, without worrying as much what people might think about that.

Retirement means I can dress the way I want to. That's as much true for a full time crossdresser as it is for most retired CDs. Not being on hormones means I am as much a transvestite as I always was, and I can use fashion to bring out the transvestite sensitivity (think sexy, fun clothes) into my daily wardrobe without worrying as much about dressing to please other people. In California, in particular, women have never worried as much about dressing "age apropriately." I have seen plenty of women my age in miniskirts, with exotic piercings, whatever. Here the rule is, if you can carry it off, flaunt it. I love it! A favorite fashion look for me currently is shorts with textured tights and knee boots. On the other hand, jeans (hugely popular here in the part of the world where they were invented) are particularly difficult for those of us who are appearing to look like women, but are shaped like men. I do have a body type (and it appears in books on the subject!) It's called rectangular. That means all my measurements (shoulders, chest, waist, and hips) are about the same. I was delighted to discover that women's fashion books talk about such a shape, and what kind of looks work with it. I've found a brand of jeans that work for me. They're called Tummy Tuck jeans, made by a strange little company called Not Your Daughter's Jeans. They manage to make me look feminine; they don't look like men's jeans on me. The legs are long, which forces the wearer to wear heels with them. No complaints here about that, of course! Unfortunately, they're insanely expensive--over $100 a pair! By a stroke of luck (divine providence?) the one store, Dillard's, that seems to carry them in plus sizes has a store in Palmdale, California, where my sweetie and I are currently building our dream home.

No, we're not physically doing the carpentry or general contracting. But when you buy a home that is not yet built, you can get involved in many, many intricate decisions about carpeting, tilework, colors, materials, and so on. For example, we spent most of Monday designing the countertops and tile work in the kitchen and family room. An interesting experience, intensely using a small part of my brain that I don't use very often. When it was over, it felt as if one cubic inch of my brain was very, very tired. My sweetie had the same experience and laughed about it. Our Tuscan kitchen theme (think tans and browns and blacks, gorgeous counter tops of black granite flecked with reds and tans, complimented with Roman tile work, grape arbors, etc.) segued nicely into dinner at Olive Garden.

Dealing with two women was a new experience for the design associate, I could tell. I think she's used to pitching everything to the woman of the family, while the man looked bored, watched TV, or sat in the car. At least until it was time to write the check. Instead we were both involved in the detailed decisions. Fortunately, we are usually in complete agreement, yielding to each other's sensitive issues and strengths.

I llove my life. Does it show?

Blessings,
    Rikki

I retired in '02, and I wear skirts most all of the time, at home. I underdress just about all of the time, anywhere. But, I was underdressing at work my last few years before retirement also.
    " Just a Guy in a Skirt"