Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meeting CD's scary

Meeting CD's scary

Ok, no one here knows me, and I can say what I want! But seriously, meeting with other CDs can be dangerous. Aren't you afraid that some CD'ers, etc. are crackpots? On the flip side, what if you meet and are "attracted" to them. Scared of where it might lead? Oh what a can of worms I just opened this is.

Amanda, I have meet several girls from the forum, from one coast to the other and even one visiting here from Australia. I have found them all to be kind, considerate, sensitive, and very nice. I'm sure that there are some out there that I wouldn't be compatible with, but then again, that already holds true with the general population.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    aka amanda? if your not putting yourself in that "position"then why ask the question? duh! if its gonna hurt me ?? (duh) again?!!!

I have had good success meeting other CD's in support groups and other outings. That way if you don't hit it off in person, there are others to mingle with.

maybe we're all crackpots ! well all the ones i've met are great - really nice friendly people - some you get on with better than others but that goes for meeting anyone - it just amazes me how some are so out of the closet about it and really dont care what people think ! if i can get to that stage i would almost be amazed by myself - i think if people like me (a closet cder still) are in any way affraid of other cders its caus some have the confidence to go out and be themselves therefore it makes me think they must be supremely confident compared to me ! maybe thats not so much scary as much as totally far removed from who i am as a person at the moment !

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I was afraid the first time I went to a local support meeting. Why would I want to hang out with other weirdos like me? Then I met some of the best friends I still have and hang out with today. We are a support group for each other. If I never made a CD friend, I wouldn't be here today. Friends are important - especially within the community.

Gen

Removed!
    I'm a crazy person.....Ohhhhhh......Stay away from me.........
    Read my monthly column On URNA And The Gender Society

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?

Everyone is a little weird Amanda. But carry mace for the others.

Amanda,
    meeting other CD's is fun of course caution anywhere is alway important but I have never met a CD who wasn't a nice person and we certainly shared an interest..I would be glad to meet you in person in drab over a cup of coffee in any of the local coffee shops meeting in a public place makes you feel safer. Or try the local support group now that first step is scary but after that you wonder why you were ever scaried Get out and enjoy life and embrace your self
    If you want to meet send me a private message
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I am kind of offended by that, in another thread , there is talk of stereotyping, I suggest you read it

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Amanda, What a Brave Thread!

I understand your point. As a closet and online CD, it is all a little bit like a fun fantasy. Like an innocent, secret little hobby.
    The folks on this site seem so nice, friendly, and well, sort of like "regular" people. But what r they like in person? Of course, some good, some bad, some weirdos, like "regular" people. So, which kind will u meet first?

If you've never actually met a CD live, like me, the idea of taking my CDing out of the "fantasy" catagory and into the real world is VERY intimidating!

It's a little like playing a war video game at home.
    Then, because it seems like fun, signing up for the Marines and "playing" games in Iraq!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

So I figure that CD'ers are just like anyone else you would meet, because we are! Some of us may be a bit whacked but the majority of us are more caring and genuine than most of the "normal" people you will meet. Most of us are guys without the macho bs and girls without the catty backstabbing stuff.

Hmmm, makes me want to have just CD friends now that I think of it

Of course for those of us that prefer to stay trapped in our little mothball ridden closets, any one you meet that may know your "secret, Ooooo" will likely freak you out.

Me? I personally like meeting and talking with others. I usually can spot a nut and just stay away.

I've been going out dressed to tg venues since the late 60's and have never felt threatened by other CD's. Sure, there have been a few whom I didn't feel too comfortable with, but I always managed to disengage myself from them, hopefully tactfully.

Nowadays, I meet a number of CD's at Carla's, they're all "regular" people who just happen to have the same desire to dress as I do. Most are nice regular folks, but then, yes, there are a few whom I find a bit annoying, but how is that different from any group of people.

No, I don't find meeting other CD's a bit scary.

Mitzi

I've met scores of other girls. The only deranged crackpot I've encountered is . . .me.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I usually met all of my CD friends face to face, never blindly. I've rarely been disappointed and most are really nice. Even so, it's best to touch base before 5 or 6 as a few may get a little feisty when they are a bit tipsy but it's cool for the most part.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Account is closed
    My pot is thoroughly cracked and I may or may not be attractive but at the same time I have gone through many of the same crazy trying times most people here have and that tends to make for a good time when you can relax and be yourself around someone else who is like you.

That being said people are people and some are just nuts!

On a side note, growing your nails out makes typing a royal P.I.T.A.!

Quote Originally Posted by amandachick View Post
    Ok, no one here knows me, and I can say what I want! But seriously, meeting with other CDs can be dangerous.
    And you're saying this from a wide experience, right?

I met loads of folk F2F before I ever found t'internet - it always puzzled me what a sweet bunch the girls I met out were, they seemed too good to be true? It was only online that I discovered they could be just as bitchy as the rest of the world...

I sometimes think that, when we present as female, we can get the chance to be who we'd like to be - all the mean stuff can get left behind with 'him'?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I think your questions are legitimate...for a newbie! If you go to a respectable meeting with other Gurl's I think you will regret your initial suspicions. I think you will find a lot of thoughtful, kind, and interesting people. I think you will make lasting friends. Remember, they are taking a chance too!

On the other hand, if you do a "hook up," with someone unknown on The Net. Someone who advertises that they are "adventurous," or "bi-curious." You just might fulfill all of your expectations. Oh and I almost forgot, if you act stupidly at the local LGBT Hangout, encourage attention from some of the "trannie-chasers," good luck to you....your going to need it!

Start slowly, stay in group social situations, be open, be friendly. Bet you will have a great time. Try the other alternatives I mentioned, bad stuff is likely to happen.

Peace and Love, Joanie

By meeting another CD, you have admitted to that person that you have a "problem".

And by meeting you, they have admitted that they have the exact same "problem".

Imagine meeting someone that actually understands this thing that drives us!!!

I haven't yet...but I need to!

Our plight should not be something we suffer alone!! (if you call satin lingerie plight!).

I would love to meet another CDer. I can think of no one on the face of this Earth that I would have more in common with.,

Morgan
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

[quote=amandachick;1197991]Ok, no one here knows me, and I can say what I want! But seriously, meeting with other CDs can be dangerous. Aren't you afraid that some CD'ers, etc. are crackpots?

You do have a point, There is some risk in knowing some one online, and then meeting them in person. There are those that pretend to be someone and are not. But, I don't think just because we are CDers that this could or should be assumed. It does not matter what forum you are in, if you meet someone you met online, you just don't know. Caution. meet in a public place like the mall or somewhere there is lots of people around.

I think meeting some of the people on this forum would be cool, most of you are very nice people. ( I think a drink is in order )(too early)

Have some fun. as one great philosopher said..Dont worry, be happy..lol
    Last edited by Bravesoul; 02-21-2008 at 05:22 AM.
    [SIZE=2]____________________________________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Too many thing to do, to little time. Enjoy who you are,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The DH for Abigaild(GG)[/SIZE]

My wife actually asked me if I would like to have a CD friend, & if I did, would I like to sit around dressed chatting to them. Well, I don't know any other Cders in Adelaide, or if any actualy use this forum, but it would be great to share the experience with as a friend.
    Anyone out there ?

The Cds I have met are wonderful and a whole lot of fun and they are just like me "slightly off center"

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

In my experience it's the CDs who are the nice people and the others (normal?) who are the scary ones.
    Beauty is in the smile of the beholder

Hi Amanda! Well, my job has me traveling around the US and sometimes outside of it, and I have started going out of my way to meet other TG's as I travel. Its sort of become a hobby with me beats the snot outta sitting bored in a hotel. I have lost count of how many TG's I've met, but I would guess that from this forum alone I've met at least a dozen, and outside of this forum it must approach a hundred. Every single one has been a good and decent person - every single one.
    Some are "straight", some are "gay", some are very modest in the TG part of their lives, and some are pretty far out there with the "alternative" life style, but ALL have been good people.
    I have even met a number of husbands and wives from here and that is just awesome. Most I've met have been married 20+ years and are happy. Nothing scary about that.
    I think it's great you asked the question, but this does point out a problem with us - we don't trust each other. How can we expect others to accept us if we don't trust each other? Who in the world is going to know better than us that we are not freaks, but are instead average run of the mill folks with a twist? :-) If we can't accept each other, and show at least as much trust in each other as we would any other person we were going to meet, then we are pretty well and truly screwed I think.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    With as many CDs in this world who never tell... I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't met one already and just didn't know it. I don't see how meeting a CD is any different than meeting anyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]