Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Were You A Long Haired Hippie?

later bloomer

dear Deja,
    still am a long haired hippy but didn't get it out till age 36.
    definitly played a role in my new me. to have that and to feel it was something i always aspired to.
    not to dis gfs who prefer short on their own heads; playful, sporty,athletic, easy to manage...
    sure.
    but for me, flowing and girly was my dream,
    to feel it streaming over my shoulders!
    mmm-mm.
    hugs,
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

Sorry did a military career then they didn't allow that. But did have a long hair wig once.

Long haired hippie?

I wasn't a hippie, I went through the big hair band days in HS. I could actually pull my hair down (really curly) and sit on it. Some days I really miss it.

Yes!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Too true ! I had long curly blonde hair down to my butt ( think of Robert Plants hairstyle - was the same ) I wore tye dyed t shirts , baggy pants , had my ears pierced god knows how many times and wore tons of silver chains ect . I was mistaken for a woman loads of times , it didn,t bother me at all , but there were one or two instances that could have easily become violent . Women would marvel over my hair - blokes would be jealous of the attention and a few times squared up to me . Silly boys .

After years of having my locks long they began to get on my nerves . It took so much to keep it in good condition and was hot whilst I worked - even when tied back . I was also in total denial ( to myself ) of my dressing urges . I persuaded myself I,d stop doing it , it was wrong and took the severest of descisions . Firstly out went all my clothes , ( both hippy and Michelles ) then came a hair cut .
    The most stupidest thing I,ve ever done .

I grew up in the 70's , and yes, I was considered a long-haired hippie freak. If anyone remembers Ace Frehley from KISS, that would have been me. I don't think that it had any effect on me as far as being predisposed to CDing, but it sure was fun being a "rebel" in society. Redneck farm boys were supposed to have crew cuts, not wavy long locks!

Yes Deja, I had my hair as long as school and my parents would let me. I don't think it had anything to do with being fem though. Everybody had long hair, (or wanted to). Anti establishment, free love, peace, bell bottom jeans and tie dye. The hair was just part of it.
    Cause I’m as free as a bird now, and this bird you’ll never change.
    Lord help me, I can't change. Won't you fly as a free bird, yeah.

[SIZE="1"]--R. Van Zant - Lynyrd Skynyrd[/SIZE]

Long haired hippi

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    Tracy just put a post in another thread saying that as a long haired hippy, she was often mistaken for a girl. That happened to me, too. And of course there were the occasional insults to go with it. I had a gorgeous long ponytail and whenever I crossed the Mississippi to go west, I fashioned it into two braids, Willy Nelson style.

So I was wondering, were there many here that had long hair in their teens and twenties? And do you think it might have been related to your (probably) repressed CD urges?

Let's hear it, boomers!

deja
    I was:nt but my Grandmother had long hair and she was a hippi(It was her maiden name) , Charolette

Up until 2000 I had hair down to the middle of my back and I used to wear it up in a bunn. Billie Jean

I grew up in the Glam Rock era [70s] and had long hair which i often dyed or had styled similar to David Bowie or other pop stars from that time.
    Isn,t wasn,t a "C/D" thing, [but it did make dressing up as a girl easier] more of a fashionable thing to do.

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    Not a hippy....but a long haired biker in the 70's...those were good days.
    Fun loving skirt wearer

Long hair yes. Hippy no. Far too young for that
    Zara

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein