Thread: ARRRGGGG I am ugly

ARRRGGGG I am ugly

Girls, I am dressed, and have put my makup on as best I can. I have lost weight, trying to have a better figure, but now my face has lost it's, I don't know, I look like hell in makeup. I need some schooling I guess, anyone near Austin TX . Seriously I was going to take a pic to make my avitar but yuck. HELP!!! I'll put one up maybe tomorrow, if I can figure it out. A VERY distant one.

Never fear girl it takes patience to get that perfect look.
    There's always someone who can help and I know just the right person who's right in your neighborhood.
    Send a PM to TxKimberly.
    She's quite an adventurer.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Hello from Austin Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnab View Post
    Girls, I am dressed, and have put my makup on as best I can. I have lost weight, trying to have a better figure, but now my face has lost it's, I don't know, I look like hell in makeup. I need some schooling I guess, anyone near Austin TX . Seriously I was going to take a pic to make my avitar but yuck. HELP!!! I'll put one up maybe tomorrow, if I can figure it out. A VERY distant one.
    Hello Tonnab,

There are a LOT of us tgirls in the Austin area, though I don't know how many others are on this forum. My advice is to make an appointment with Jon Davis (AKA Beth) and get a makeover. She travels the country to different TG events and so has a LOT of experience making Tgirls look their best. Not only will she make you look good, but she will explain what she is doing so that you have a fighting chance to duplicate it. Another thing I like about her - unlike many of the Tgirls you might hang out with, she will give you an HONEST opinion - does this wig look good on you, is this a good outfit for you, etc, etc. She charges around $100 so the cost is not excessive (hey, ask any GG - it aint cheap looking good!). The only draw back is that you must make the appointment pretty far in advance as she is very popular and busy.
    Hope that helps!

good advice

Take Kimberly's advice and do the makeover. i am up here in near Bethlehem PA and use Amanda Richards. [U]Everyone[U]who goes to her is forvever changed about their outlook. Don't forget, we haven't been doing this since we were 9 years old, and even GG's who have sometimes look terrible.
    Karen Francis

Thanks

Maybe I will go for it. Are the sessions private? I'd love to get a makeover.

i felt the same way at 1st, seems makeup has to be learned just as the other skills we've learned. Pay attention to women's or CD's faces you like and try to figure out why you like them, the arched eyebrow, the eyelid coloring or shape, the blush on the cheeks, etc. and then try to duplicate this, and definitly a makeover if you can do it! Don't give up!!

Banned Read only
    Wished i had a picture of the first time i dabbled with makeup, on second thought, Naah!

Tonnab, too bad the avatars on this forum don't include 'earlier-before' and 'after' pictures! You wouldn't feel so bad then!

Ok, I just spiffed up a bit. A little better, but still not great. I love eye makeup, I wear eyeliner like shoes, ie I wear it daily, not out, but around the house. I lost the plumpness of my face, but there must be a way. I haven't gotten any foundation or the like. I'll keep trying, and maybe schedule a makeover. I'd love to hang out with a TV/TG or even meet one or some I don't think I've even been around any (or were they that good). I don't know, y'all are so great. I wish we could take over a hotel some where, you know book all the rooms, then all meet in a big conference room and exchange secrets, tips, stories etc.

Tonna

Oh dear tonnab, I can assure you that if I had a picture of the first time I ever tried to do my make up.. I made the members of Twisted Sister look good by comparison. LOL.

Honey, it takes practice and patience. Take it from another Texas girl. You will eventually get more comfortable with more experience. In the meantime, take Kimberly's advice and get a makeover, making sure to ask LOTS of questions on how you can achieve the same results yourself.

Good luck honey.

Kandis

P.S. I'm not in your area, but I am in Texas Houston area to be exact.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

The first time I looked in the mirror, I thought "yikes a football player in Drag"...

It gets better, really.

Hugs!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

The first time I looked in the mirror, I thought "yikes a football player in Drag"...
    Exactly, that's what I thought when I looked at my pics, or holy crap I look like a man in makeup....oh wait I am....but y'all know what I mean.

Gold Member
    Well now Tonnab, don't get all frustrated. We have ALL said "Gyod I look like dragzilla!" even if it was not really the case.
    Just learn how to properly do makeup and take it from there.
    With makeup, there aren't any "rules" per se but it does have to be applied properly for a good look.
    Plus, if you did post a photo here of your makeup job, people are not going to laugh or judge, but would probably be happy to help however they can.

Also don't forget that for us CD's, we need to have our whole look together for it to work well. Unlike GG's, we can seldom just go mininal and expect to look good.

Some advice you will throw out and some of it might be the tips that improve your look.

Also for us, the hair has a lot to do with our look. Unless you have your own hair to work with, you might just need a better wig, something more befitting of your face. [Not everyone can pull off the same look with the same wig.]

I had asked for help with my look and have received a lot of good advice.

So hang in there.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

LOL What the other girls are saying is also very true. If you could see my first pics you would run screaming. Pretty sure I've burned them all a long time ago! ;-)
    Try Jon Davis = he makes a living making is look our best. You can spend years trying to find "the look" for you, or you can go to Jon and have a pro show you in one night. Pretty much a no brainer! As to if the sessions are private, I'm sure that is something that you can arrange with him using the link I already provided.
    I have had a makeover by Jon and LOVED it. This pic is from my makeover with him:

I was shocked - this is nothing like the look I had been making for myself for years. I loved this look so much that it is what I strive for all of the time now.
    Anyway, he made me VERY happy - Maybe he can do the same for you!
    Be sure to tell him I sent ya'! I would want him to know we are taking care of him. :-)

I don't have any old pictures of myself that I will show.

It's too embarrassing. And today I still have to take about 50 shots before I get a keeper.

But check this out: http://www.transvamp.com/kalina/evolution/index.html

This is Kalina Isato, if you see her pictures today, you would say no way was she ever a boy! But at this link she takes you through her "Looks" from 1992 through 2000. Even she says some of these looks are hideous. She has some down-loadable how-to books & videos too. I've got one of them and it had some real good common sense advice.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    good advice by all here, my suggestion is practice ,practice,practice, that is what young girls do, look for the right look, try different things , if you dont have the time, Kimberly made a great suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Hello Tonnab,

There are a LOT of us tgirls in the Austin area, though I don't know how many others are on this forum. My advice is to make an appointment with Jon Davis (AKA Beth) and get a makeover. She travels the country to different TG events and so has a LOT of experience making Tgirls look their best. Not only will she make you look good, but she will explain what she is doing so that you have a fighting chance to duplicate it. Another thing I like about her - unlike many of the Tgirls you might hang out with, she will give you an HONEST opinion - does this wig look good on you, is this a good outfit for you, etc, etc. She charges around $100 so the cost is not excessive (hey, ask any GG - it aint cheap looking good!). The only draw back is that you must make the appointment pretty far in advance as she is very popular and busy.
    Hope that helps!
    I will vouch for Jon as well. She knows what she is doing. If you can't wait for an appointment I would suggest that you purchase her dvd online. It's not the best quality dvd but it will teach you how to do the makeup. Here is the link:

http://hometown.aol.com/transform2/
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Practice, practice, practice is what it is going to take. My firdt time didn't look to good either but I do have a GG friend that is very helpful.

Banned Read only
    I did a lot of research into make-up etc before I even attempted it, there are many great sites which can give tips

I found this site very useful http://www.makeuptip.com/

Wow, all good advice. I had gotten a book by Kalina and I know Amanda and she does really good work. Sounds like Jon does good work as well. I had always wanted to go for an appointment with Katie Wannabe in Philadelphia but I think she is now retired. The point is all of these folks do great work and want to help and really love what they do. They seem to have the talent and the knack to bring out our best features.

Sounds like a good idea to get a makeover if possible and it certainly goes a long way in building up confidence which is the main thing. We don't all have to look like Cindy Crawford to be beautiful in any case. The person inside is the one who really shines when we let go of our uncertainties and that is the one who comes off as being truely beautiful the way I see it and that kind of beauty never fades my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Personally I started out at the Commander Data school of make-up, hopefully I have progressed a little since then.
    Amanda
    PS Sorry I know that was no help at all but it made me chuckle
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

I am still working on my makeup skills too. Here is a link to a video jug site with videos showing different techniques of application. Hope this helps, plus it is free!
    Barb

http://www.videojug.com/tag/beauty-and-style
    Last edited by Sharon; 02-23-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: merged posts -- use the "Edit" button next time