Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another rant at the GG's

Another rant at the GG's

Last night our kids elementary school had a "Fun Fair". It's a night where there are a lot of games set up in the school with some food available in the cafeteria. I think it might be a fundraiser for the PTO (?). Kids love it.

Anyway, with probably 200 to 300 (maybe more) young moms in the school, there weren't 5 outfits or pairs of shoes that I liked. I found myself amazed at how little the women cared about the way they looked. And it isn't just the old "where are the dresses and skirts" complaint. There was just nothing attractive about the collection of women.

A pair of nice jeans and a cute top can look great when hair and make up and accessories are managed. Maybe it was a long cold week, but sheeesh.

Made me glad I'm not a woman. I'd rather be a CD with a little pride in how I dress.

Kathleen Ann

Platinum Member
    this is bull shit .... young mom's with kids and homes and many times jobs outside the home don't dress to impress they dress for comfort and the events of the day ..... remember these young mom's work at home and jobs to help run the house and most often put in a 16 to 18 hour day if not more...........

possibly it was not how little they cared abought their fashion statement but were more so engrossed in ruining the family events taking care of the home and finding time to hold down a job on the side ...... i found this thread offensive not only to the young mom's but to any one with a ounce of smarts...........

I understand what you are saying Hon but in all fairness, look at the context of the situation. If they are in typical "Mom" mode, they need to be comfortable. I personally don't feel that necessarily lends to being a "dudette". In my mind the spirit of supporting the kids is the important thing and that is where the true beauty shines through and that is what really counts. Any lady that takes the time to support something like that gets my vote big time and how she wants to look is really her decision.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kathleen, have you ever spent any length of time caring fulltime for small children? Perhaps you ought to try it and see what time is left over, for you...
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Maybe a touch harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    this is bull shit ....
    Wow Wendy, while I think you were spot on with your reasoning, don't you think that was just a touch harsh?

I'm sure your average mother has a snow balls chance in hell of getting an hour or two to devote to getting made up for a school event. Also, having just come from a place that was covered in ice and sleet, I can tell you that your average woman would probably laugh herself sick at me for wearing a skirt and heels out in it. The difference is that for you and me, the chance to get out the door and be pretty is a rare and wonderful event, where we are willing to devote that kind of time and effort to. For your average woman and mother, it's just everyday life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    this is bull shit .... young mom's with kids and homes and many times jobs outside the home don't dress to impress they dress for comfort and the events of the day ..... remember these young mom's work at home and jobs to help run the house and most often put in a 16 to 18 hour day if not more...........

possibly it was not how little they cared abought their fashion statement but were more so engrossed in ruining the family events taking care of the home and finding time to hold down a job on the side ...... i found this thread offensive not only to the young mom's but to any one with a ounce of smarts...........
    I,m with you Wendy...100%

looks like another thread the Mods will end up shutting

Dress as you want, let us dress as we want ... [SIZE="4"]WHAT'S SAUCE FOR THE GOOSE, IS SAUCE FOR THE GANDER, AND VISA VERSA SAVVY[/SIZE]
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Wow Wendy, while I think you were spot on with your reasoning, don't you think that was just a touch harsh?

no i don't at all the truth is a cross dresser looks at all the hair and make up and clothing chooses a women has and thinks wow if i was a women i would dress to the 9's every day ... and they can and don't always do what a waste .... when in fact posting a silly GG rant thread like this shows they have no clue what they are talking abought ..... think abought it cross dressers want to be free to wear what they want with acceptance ... yet do they not believe a GG should be able to do the same??????............

i am sorry but you must try to remember it is hard work being a full time mother . dressing for comfort is number one . and you may have forget but gg have nothing to prove . paying bill cleaning the house cooking . laundry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh but for the days of June Evelyn Bronson Cleaver
    Last edited by Alisa; 03-15-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Another doomed thread and rightly so. The last thing any of us should be doing is criticizing how others dress. Pot.......kettle......
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

As soon as I read this thread - and before I read any of the replies I thought "wow take cover" ..... and I was right

How wonderful for you that you were able to judge over 200 people just on their looks. You must be a hoot at parties.

-Christine

Banned Read only
    I'm with Wendy 200% on this one... Kathleen shows a big selfish streak here if casually and comfortably dressed moms p*ss her off just because she can't get an eyeful of young women to compare her 'femininty' with.

Sure, we want to see the ladies dressed well and looking their absolute best, but they get their chance to do that even less than we do! And their excuse is a lot better than ours. They are living their real lives, and as Wendy says, 16 to 18 hours on the family 'shop floor' do not lend themselves well to full time 'hotness'.

Give them and us a break. You gotta realize that even in this mode that you decry (maybe even more so in this mode) these women are still better looking and more admirable than many of us will ever be!

I still envy them, even with tousled hair and juice box stains on their cardigans. In this case, their beauty comes from the fact that they've used mom time to come and play with their kids at the Fun Fair, not stay at home watching the shopping channel!

(a little lost) respect but (still a little) love,

deja

Oh! and Mods! Please don't remove this thread. Kathleen needs to take her lumps on this one!

A bit of advice Kathleen Ann....DUCK!!..The GGs will be here in a minute...Run away now!!...Hide!!
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 02-23-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: I ought to use spell check!!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    ...DUCK!!..The GGs will be here in a minute!!
    I hope they do come, Debs! This isn't a matter of 'them' and 'us'!

This is 'all of us' against that kind of tranny (used insultingly)sexist crap.

I'm still mad!!!

deja

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    I hope they do come, Debs! This isn't a matter of 'them' and 'us'!

This is 'all of us' against that kind of tranny (used insultingly)sexist crap.

I'm still mad!!!

deja
    Been here said me piece lol
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I can hear a fan!! I can see and smell something about to hit it

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    I'm with Wendy 200% on this one... Kathleen shows a big selfish streak here if casually and comfortably dressed moms p*ss her off just because she can't get an eyeful of young women to compare her 'femininty' with.

Sure, we want to see the ladies dressed well and looking their absolute best, but they get their chance to do that even less than we do! And their excuse is a lot better than ours. They are living their real lives, and as Wendy says, 16 to 18 hours on the family 'shop floor' do not lend themselves well to full time 'hotness'.

Give them and us a break. You gotta realize that even in this mode that you decry (maybe even more so in this mode) these women are still better looking and more admirable than many of us will ever be!

I still envy them, even with tousled hair and juice box stains on their cardigans. In this case, their beauty comes from the fact that they've used mom time to come and play with their kids at the Fun Fair, not stay at home watching the shopping channel!

(a little lost) respect but (still a little) love,

deja

Oh! and Mods! Please don't remove this thread. Kathleen needs to take her lumps on this one!

I agree and couldn't have said it better myself.

Wendy I disagree that you were harsh. Harsh is what Kathleen needs. Right know Kathleen deserves a name more like Larry.
    Kitty

I'm sorry but I actually can't believe this thread.

There was me starting to believe the CDs when they say that clothes don't matter, it's the person who's inside that counts, we are still the same person regardless of what clothes we have on.

And then to come out and say that. Hhhmmmm, and there was me thinking clothes didn't matter?
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.

With kids

My wife hates getting dressed up at all and why should she have to?

Having to dress in uncomfortable clothes all day at work and then having to wear them to some informal event seems a little stupid.

Even I would take comfort over style any day.
    Last edited by Cynthia_0101; 02-23-2008 at 09:57 AM.
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

Kathleen

a little advice hun.. Think Twice post once ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ema1234 GG View Post
    I'm sorry but I actually can't believe this thread.

There was me starting to believe the CDs when they say that clothes don't matter, it's the person who's inside that counts, we are still the same person regardless of what clothes we have on.

And then to come out and say that. Hhhmmmm, and there was me thinking clothes didn't matter?
    Hi Ema!! For most us, what you say is true. But i guess there,s still a few here with chauvanistic ideas..Please don,t think we all think like that!!Debs

Platinum Member
    i might have come across as harsh .... but let's think .... acceptance .... understanding and freedom to express and dress come in a full circle ... we can't ever expect to receive ... as said GG'S are GG'S 24/7 .... not only when the can steal a few moments .... i could never look like a GG... act like a GG .... think like a GG .... nor could i ever feel like a GG ..... what i can do is respect them and do my best to accept them as i would like them to also accept me as well....

harsh??? no i don't think i was .... some times we all have to express our opinions ... in this case i believe the thread starter expressed his/hers .... and was wrong...........

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen Ann Trees View Post
    There was just nothing attractive about the collection of women.
    I've just reread your original post and can't believe you put that.

Who are you to make such a sweeping statement. Just because you don't find someone attractive doesn't mean that other people won't. And I can assure you that if asked the same thing, I'm sure the majority would say they didn't find you attractive.

Why be so superficial.

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Hi Ema!! For most us, what you say is true. But i guess there,s still a few here with chauvanistic ideas..Please don,t think we all think like that!!Debs
    Don't worry Debs, I long since stopped thinking that the posts of narrow minded individuals like this reflect my partners point of view.
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.