Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another rant at the GG's

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen Ann Trees View Post
    200 to 300 (maybe more) young moms in the school
    And every last one more feminine than you'll ever be- no matter what you're wearing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    . . .
    I still envy them, even with tousled hair and juice box stains on their cardigans. In this case, their beauty comes from the fact that they've used mom time to come and play with their kids at the Fun Fair, not stay at home watching the shopping channel!
    . . .
    Wow Deja True,

You did something rare with this post - you sent chills up and down my back. This is perhaps one of the most touching and thoughtful posts I've seen here. VERY well said and thanks for taking the time.
    My Father I wont talk about - it's not worth wasting my breath or your time.
    My Mother on the other hand. While we NEVER had reason to doubt we were well loved (this is a HUGE gift to a child) she was always in poor health, and to the best of my memory she never made it to a single school event with me.
    With the exception of the year the US Army insisted I live half a world away from my family, I've never missed a single school event of my sons - this despite the fact that I travel for a living.
    For the mothers that DO make this a priority, that do devote the time and effort it takes to make these meetings and to support their children, I offer my greatest respect and admiration. I don't care if you wear sweats and flip flops, if you made it there to support your children in their school, you rock!

also remember we need to respect and appreciate our gg and also remember too as Em reminded me ..." Doesn't exactly look good on CDs for any new GGs that may be visiting the site. " after all we need all the respect we can get from our gg..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    looks like another thread the Mods will end up shutting
    I hope not - but that depends on us, doesn't it?

Point out it was a thoughtless, selfish thing to say by all means - but if it turns into a pack delivering a kicking (as some threads here undoubtedly do) then it's right to shut it..

It's in our hands? MJ's words were very wise and apply to all of us.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    This thread is parallelling Jess's "What the Hell do you want?" thread. They should be read together.

As I said in that one; there are lots of types of girls around here. These two threads show us the kind NOT to be.

And yes, I'm still mad!

deja

GypsyKaren
    I am not going to allow any slamming because someone "disapproves" of how anyone looks, this thread is done.

Karen Starlene