Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a little help from the experts!

Need a little help from the experts!

Hello all,
    I am about to embark on my very first crossdressing experience. I see there is a thread about "being tricked" into crossdressing, well here is a good story:
    without getting too personal - At work we are having a costume party. For fun, I allowed my staff to pick my costume...and I bet you all could figure out which direction they went. I have been asked to look as "****ty" as possible as well.

I do not mind this at all...and I intend on having fun with it. I do not see anything wrong with Crossdressing, and while it is not something that I do, I am not embarrassed and intend on "femming" it up as much as possible.

That being said...I haven't the foggiest idea as to what to do, where to get clothes, make up, etc. I just purchased my shoes on E-bay and that seems like a good route...but sizes for other things is a bit scary as there are so many options like Misses, plus, Womens large...it is a bit overwhelming. If this helps: I am 5"10" 210 pounds, size 38 waist. I am muscular with pretty broad shoulders. I have a big butt too, which is why they want me in a dress I suppose. My "seat" measures 44.

In addition, I would like to wear a short dress, but shaving my legs is not an option for me. I am up for fun...but not too far. What type of hair concealing methods are out there? How about chest hair for that matter? I hope this doesn't offend anyone here...as that is the last thing I would want to do. I read a couple of threads and you all seem really nice...so I was hoping for help.

Do like I did the first time...

Find a girl friend, wife i.e. genetic girl, have them take you to a store. Have her say, "I want to dress this guy like a women for a party, can you help?" Guess what, that's the truth and your money is just as green as any woman's. Honestly that's exactly what I did! And it was great. Who says crossdressers don't have guts?

If this is a one time thing, don't shave your body/legs (even though it does grow back and I believe the Burt Reynolds look is dead btw), find a long sleeve dress, use black tights or white tights then a beige pair over them for your legs.

You can get an inexpensive wig at the costume shop. Don't do like I do and spend hundreds of dollars for one.

For your beard, this is truly a quest for us to get the lightest foundation, and yet still cover the beard. Again, if this is a one time deal, get a stick type of foundation that is thicker. In stick form it is easier for first timers to apply. It looks like a fat lipstick container. And, the theatrical brand of makeup is easy to find on the Internet. Or, again more gutsy, is to go to a makeup counter and tell them what you want it for.

Get the same girl, woman, wife, etc. to help you with the makeup. It's not as easy as it looks.

Look through the posts here, there is tons of wonderful suggestions for every skill level.

And if you could, put in a nice word for our group here.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Exclamation

First of all, I would suggest that if you do it all yourself, your staff will wonder how you came by all this knowledge. I think your best bet is to enlist the aid of some female members of your staff. Get them to go with you to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift store.

And forget about removing your hair. Being hairy adds to the ridiculousness of the appearence. Remember, you are not trying to "pass". You are trying to have fun. The better you look, the more people wonder if this is really your first time.

If you have a spouse or girlfriend, get her involved. Secrecy breeds suspicion.

And, what ever you do, remember that alcohol, crossdressing, and digital cameras can mix to haunt you forever. So, stay sober. (sorry)

OK New Guy, here's a few tips:

For women's sizes. it sounds like you are probably an 18 or 20. There's a size chart on this website that may help: http://www.jessicalondon.com/Help/Help_SizeCharts.aspx
    You really need to try things on in a store to know for sure what will fit.

Assuming you don't want to spend a lot of money on a one time event, I suggest you find a thrift shop (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.) and see what you can find in the way of clothing.

For makeup, I suggest that on the day of your party, you make arrangements to go to a MAC, Ulta, or even the cosmetics department of a major department store and have one of their professionals do your makeup. You can do that with or without wearing your femme outfit.

You can cover leg hair with opaque pantyhose. Depending on how dense and dark the hair is, you might need to wear two pair. A pair of fishnet hose over some opaque hose will add to the "****ty" look.

If you can't shave your chest, you had better select a dress or top that covers it. You could use a rubber "treasure chest", but those things look fake and are not very comfortable.

And to fill out a bra, if you don't want to drop a bundle, you can stuff it with socks, water balloons, or nylons filled with birdseed.

Good luck, and have fun with your day as a woman!
    Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    Find a girl friend, wife i.e. genetic girl, have them take you to a store. Have her say, "I want to dress this guy like a women for a party, can you help?" Guess what, that's the truth and your money is just as green as any woman's. Honestly that's exactly what I did! And it was great. Who says crossdressers don't have guts?

If this is a one time thing, don't shave your body/legs (even though it does grow back and I believe the Burt Reynolds look is dead btw), find a long sleeve dress, use black tights or white tights then a beige pair over them for your legs.

You can get an inexpensive wig at the costume shop. Don't do like I do and spend hundreds of dollars for one.

For your beard, this is truly a quest for us to get the lightest foundation, and yet still cover the beard. Again, if this is a one time deal, get a stick type of foundation that is thicker. In stick form it is easier for first timers to apply. It looks like a fat lipstick container. And, the theatrical brand of makeup is easy to find on the Internet. Or, again more gutsy, is to go to a makeup counter and tell them what you want it for.

Get the same girl, woman, wife, etc. to help you with the makeup. It's not as easy as it looks.

Look through the posts here, there is tons of wonderful suggestions for every skill level.

And if you could, put in a nice word for our group here.

Love, Tracy
    Thanks for the advice! As much as I am "up for this", the whole "shopping" experience may be too much for me. I have relied on E-Bay thus far. I bought a decent looking wig from China for under $20, got size 12 ankle boot stiletto's for $30. I am learning to walk in them a little each day. My wife has been willing to take me places to shop...but honestly I might be embarrassed about that. I don't mind doing this with my staff...but it might be hard to see someone I know when I am shopping and try to explain it to them. As far as the "make up" goes...I also do not want my wife doing it for me. I will not be embarrassed dressing up like a woman...but for some reason...I would feel embarrassed having my wife apply make up to me. I don't know if that makes any sense. I might ask my hairdresser to do it...but I have NO IDEA how much that would cost.

As far as the shaving thing goes, I am no Burt Reynolds, but my legs and chest have hair. I don't know if someone makes a "body suit" that would double as skin, but that sounds like it would do the trick. Is there something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by VtVicky View Post
    First of all, I would suggest that if you do it all yourself, your staff will wonder how you came by all this knowledge. I think your best bet is to enlist the aid of some female members of your staff. Get them to go with you to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift store.

And forget about removing your hair. Being hairy adds to the ridiculousness of the appearence. Remember, you are not trying to "pass". You are trying to have fun. The better you look, the more people wonder if this is really your first time.

If you have a spouse or girlfriend, get her involved. Secrecy breeds suspicion.

And, what ever you do, remember that alcohol, crossdressing, and digital cameras can mix to haunt you forever. So, stay sober. (sorry)
    I am not worried about what anyone thinks. I am secure enough in myself not to worry about that stuff. I not only am willing to do this...I really WANT to look good, so I guess I AM trying to pass. If you are only going to do something once...why not do it well. (Also, because I am spending a decent amount of cash on this...I may re-use this for a halloween party and get some bang for my buck) Honestly what I do NOT want to happen is for me to look ridiculous. That would be the thing that embarrasses me. That is why I am asking you fine folks for help!

My wife is helping me, but as I said...I don't want to go into a store and try stuff on unless it is the last resort.

Talking

Be careful, you might get hooked! It is a wonderful experience. Go at it yourself and see what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe Reece View Post
    OK New Guy, here's a few tips:

For women's sizes. it sounds like you are probably an 18 or 20. There's a size chart on this website that may help: http://www.jessicalondon.com/Help/Help_SizeCharts.aspx
    You really need to try things on in a store to know for sure what will fit.

Assuming you don't want to spend a lot of money on a one time event, I suggest you find a thrift shop (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.) and see what you can find in the way of clothing.

For makeup, I suggest that on the day of your party, you make arrangements to go to a MAC, Ulta, or even the cosmetics department of a major department store and have one of their professionals do your makeup. You can do that with or without wearing your femme outfit.

You can cover leg hair with opaque pantyhose. Depending on how dense and dark the hair is, you might need to wear two pair. A pair of fishnet hose over some opaque hose will add to the "****ty" look.

If you can't shave your chest, you had better select a dress or top that covers it. You could use a rubber "treasure chest", but those things look fake and are not very comfortable.

And to fill out a bra, if you don't want to drop a bundle, you can stuff it with socks, water balloons, or nylons filled with birdseed.

Good luck, and have fun with your day as a woman!
    That size chart is EXACTLY the type of thing I was looking for! You are ROCKIN right now.
    I do not know what a MAC or Ulta is..so Google here I come. I guess the same goes fo Opaque...but google to the rescue again.
    Funny that you mention "Treasure Chest". I was looking at that about 15 minutes ago. A place in NYC sells it and I was considering buying it. I just received "Fake Boobs" that I spent $10 + shipping on and they are terrible. I cannot even put them on. They remind me of those plastic Halloween masks/outfits of Superman and Batman that I used to wear as a kid...meaning they looked so cool before I bought it and tried it on.

Quote Originally Posted by JennaDesire View Post
    Be careful, you might get hooked! It is a wonderful experience. Go at it yourself and see what I am talking about!
    I seriously doubt it

But on a funny note...two things happened recently that made me laugh:

I turned down a piece of cake the other day and turned to my wife...completely seriously...and said "I better not, or I will never look good in a dress"

And then I was watching TV yesterday and a hot girl came on the screen. Instead of eyeballing her...I said to my wife about her attire "do you think I could pull that off?"

I don't want to scare you, but you will hear about this from your staff until the end of time, but it will be in fun and with some admiration. I don't understand how you can do this in front of staff and not be able to enlist the help of your wife, or staff at a MAC who do makeup for guys in the TV busuness or show business all of the time. A lot of the fun for doing this for a party is getting others to help you prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    I don't want to scare you, but you will hear about this from your staff until the end of time, but it will be in fun and with some admiration. I don't understand how you can do this in front of staff and not be able to enlist the help of your wife, or staff at a MAC who do makeup for guys in the TV busuness or show business all of the time. A lot of the fun for doing this for a party is getting others to help you prepare.
    For some reason, the only person I am ever embarrassed in front of is my wife. That not only goes for this...but everything. I lack the "embarrasment" gene in just about every situation in life. I do not really care about anyone's opinion except hers...so I guess that is why.

I am having fun with her with this, as she has been calling me her Lesbian lover, but I do not want a "make up" experience with her, and shopping is out of the question.

As far as the fun for preparing, I let my staff pick the costume. They had a good time with it. They were voting for the costumes...and "Hooker" won. It barely beat out Sexy Nurse and Sunflower. I told them I would make good on their choices and surprise them.

MAC appears to be a brand of cosmetics...do they have STORES where you go to?

You are not CD or TS hon. Just dress up and have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    You are not CD or TS hon. Just dress up and have some fun.
    I know that...
    But I am looking for good advice because I want to do this well. Doing it well, looking good, and impressing my staff will be fun for me.

Yes, MAC has stores. I've had my makeup done at the local beauty college, they are very helpful - and cheap. You are going to let us know how it goes and maybe even post a photo?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Actually...sounds like you have the right idea for a 'fun' project. Maybe if you search on 'halloween' or 'hooker' you will get a lot of good advice that fits the plan a bit better. Don't forget to glue on the longest false nails you can find and wear lots of tight clothing. ...is it out of the question to ask your wife to dress up like the pimp? Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by the new guy View Post
    As far as the shaving thing goes, I am no Burt Reynolds, but my legs and chest have hair. I don't know if someone makes a "body suit" that would double as skin, but that sounds like it would do the trick. Is there something like that?
    Sorry, I meant no disrespect with the Reynolds quip. It's a line I use when someone notices I shave everywhere. The best defense is a good offense.

I like the idea of fishnets over opaque hose. Pick an opaque hose color close to your own. On Ebay search for Zentai for a complete range of colors.

And, yes there is a "body suit" but it is only for those with deep pockets. It's made of silicone and goes for over $1,500.00. For the truly curious, do a search on femskin. Sorry, no link, I like being on this message board.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Banned Read only
    An alternative to body suit for a costume is tan colored dance leotards. They come in a style that has long sleeves and ankle length and turtleneck. That takes care of body hair. Look locally for a shop that sells dancers supplies.Call about your size though, dancers are generally small and skinny. You're size will be available on line, though. Google 'leotards', you'll come up with dozens of supply houses. Full leotards may cost about $40-60.

They'll do fine for what you say you want. Won't be noticed from the other side of the room, but close inspection will say 'oh! costume!' instead of 'Do you think the boss is really serious about this dressing up thing?' Might help make it look more of the 'fun thing' you want.

deja

Just Happy To Be Here Roberta Rain's Avatar
    If you shave your legs and chest, they will have grown back in a month. What is a month of inconvenience compared to a lifetime of knowing you really did it right and having the memory of that? After all, they voted the costume, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Rain View Post
    If you shave your legs and chest, they will have grown back in a month. What is a month of inconvenience compared to a lifetime of knowing you really did it right and having the memory of that? After all, they voted the costume, not you.
    I play organized sports and change in a locker room. While I do not mind doing this...coming in completely shaved would raise a few eyebrows!

I just wanted to thank everyone for your help. I am already on my way thanks to many of your tips. Please keep them coming!

Banned Read only
    (Whispering behind newguy's back)

Girls,I think he'll be back! He took the trouble to register didn't he?

Ssshhhh!

(subtle wave)

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    Sorry, I meant no disrespect with the Reynolds quip. It's a line I use when someone notices I shave everywhere. The best defense is a good offense.

I like the idea of fishnets over opaque hose. Pick an opaque hose color close to your own. On Ebay search for Zentai for a complete range of colors.

And, yes there is a "body suit" but it is only for those with deep pockets. It's made of silicone and goes for over $1,500.00. For the truly curious, do a search on femskin. Sorry, no link, I like being on this message board.
    No offense taken!

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    (Whispering behind newguy's back)

Girls,I think he'll be back! He took the trouble to register didn't he?

Ssshhhh!

(subtle wave)
    I have new friends...and might post a pic or two.

I remember back in the day when I was afraid to just come out and say "I am a crossdresser", so I would often ask for opinions on what I should wear and how to look more like a girl. It somehow seemed like it was better if I was just saying that it was for fun or for a party or something than just to admit it was something more

In fact, I would say when asked that I didn't want to do anything halfway, that as long as I was doing it let's do it all. But you know, when guys dress in drag that have no CD tendencies, they usually don't go to all the fuss that we CDers would.

So - new guy, just come on and admit to us you like to dress as a girl, and that it is not just for a one-time party - trust me, we will all understand
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]