Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a little help from the experts!

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    I remember back in the day when I was afraid to just come out and say "I am a crossdresser", so I would often ask for opinions on what I should wear and how to look more like a girl. It somehow seemed like it was better if I was just saying that it was for fun or for a party or something than just to admit it was something more

In fact, I would say when asked that I didn't want to do anything halfway, that as long as I was doing it let's do it all. But you know, when guys dress in drag that have no CD tendencies, they usually don't go to all the fuss that we CDers would.

So - new guy, just come on and admit to us you like to dress as a girl, and that it is not just for a one-time party - trust me, we will all understand
    I wouldn't be afraid to admit it..especially on an anonymous web forum board...but the answer really is no. The honest answer is that I really do not mind, I am a very open individual, I really like having a lot of fun in everything I do, and I enjoy researching and knowing everything about whatever it is I want to know.

Do I want to look good? HECK YEAH! If I am going to do this...I want to look great. I would honestly and truthfully feel embarrassed if I looked "like a guy in a dress". My employees picked this costume for a couple of reasons...but probably the #1 reason is because I am the boss and they want to embarrass me. Well, I am the boss and I will not be embarrassed. I do not know any Crossdressers personally...or at least I do not know that I know them...or I would have asked them in person.

Either way, like I said I hope I am not offending anyone, because that would be the last thing I want to do. You have really all been helpful and I am confident that I will do this right because of your help...so thanks again.

OK - then if you want to do it right, and pull out all the stops, here are my suggestions:

- shave everything (legs, chest, back, arms)
    - get your eyebrows waxed at a salon, in a nice femme style
    - also, a set of acrylic nails will be best

You can't keep saying you want to do it all, and then say that you can't do this or that. Details like nails and brows are the key to letting everyone know you took this challenge seriously. After all, guys who dress for a one time event will just throw on a dress and slap on some makeup - if you want to impress, the three things I suggested above will make you stand out as someone who wasn't fooling around.

Also, forget about doing this stuff yourself, go to a salon and let them know what you want, and tell them no holds barred!
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Okay, here's a little phrase I read from another girl in another thread. She considers passability to be " 60% wig, 30% makeup and 10%smile."

So...no $29 wig from the costume store, okay? Real quality wig from a proper shop.

Do what Dana says and get a professional makeover. Any transformation shops in your area? (Tell us what city,we'll tell you where to go.) If no trans shop, gotoa MAC counter in any big department store. Ask there for a makeover and tell' em you want it 'full on' night time or even stage look.

And, given your posts and your attitude, we know you're gonna be smilin'.

Our consultancy fee for all this advice? PICTURES of the party featurin' YOU. (Pictures of the transformation in progress would be kewl, too.)

Got that, big boy?

No welchin'! We'll find you!

You know where to find us!

respect & love (for open minded straight guys)

deja

(pssst, girls! I kinda like this guy! )
    Last edited by deja true; 02-24-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: added thought

You don't have to mention your city but the region of the country would help. MAC has makeup counters in many of the Macy's stores. Any sizable mall will have a number of makeup counters and maybe a Sophora freestanding makeup store. Some will charge for a makeover, some will just hope that you buy stuff. If you want to do it right, go twice. Once to do a dry run and see if you like the look, then the second time just before the party.

Shaving your legs is no big deal, and depending, can look and feel really cool. It is actually one of my favorite parts of this whole thing. Feeling hose on your smooth legs is just not something to be missed. If you insist on no shaving then wear 2 or 3 pairs of opaque hose and you'll be fine.

I have to agree with Dana on the nails. Get acrylic nails put on and when the party is over you can dissolve and remove them with acetone. Go to a salon, have them put on, then a good polish job. They do so much better than I do and I've been practicing for years! Just don't expect to be able to handle much of anything with long nails, that takes practice! If your hands are hairy, at least nair the hair away from the wrists down. Women may have some arm hair but very little hand hair.

No one has mentioned a corset. I would order one for under $100 from Glamour Boutique of one of the many other places. If you practice a little with it you should be able to give yourself a bit of an hourglass shape and with that big but it could be quite dramatic!

Practice your walk too. If you can move a bit more like a woman that will really impress them. My test is that if I can mostly wear male clothes, walk and look in the mirror, and it still looks more like a women moving, then I'm getting it done right!

Good luck and yes.......WE WANT PICTURES!!
    Sally

I live in NYC, and I am sure there are MANY places to go.

I'll post the pictures too...You all have been great, so why not.

I am actual practicing SURVIVING in heels right now. I kinda have a new born deer thing going on right now. I can walk straight as long as I hold my arms out like an airplane.

I will always remember today as special because my wife and I have been trying to have a child for a coulpe of years now. She took a pregnancy test and it was positive...while I was wearing 5" stiletto ankle boots and practicing walking. I fell celebrating, but it was worth it.

Banned Read only
    Yep, I'm likin' this guymore and more!

Who picked out your boots?

part me and part advice from my staff. They are actually the 2nd pair I bought. My staff wants me to be a "hooker" so I need a high heel. The 1st pair were actually Knee high boots. My wife suggested that I go with a thicker heel so I would be able to walk better and those boots had them...only problem was I couldn't get them comfortably around my calf. I am an athlete and I have very muscular legs, actually I am very big all the way to the waist...which is where the big butt comes from. When I put the boots on I really thought my legs were going to burst. It really hurt. Returned them and got Ankle High boots.

my new footwear...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi new guy,You say you want this to come off real and don't want to be embarrassed.I would do some trial runs with your whole outfit not only your boots.Thats probably the only way you'll feel at ease with it,work with some movement and different looks.I'd get dressed 4 or 5 times at least (before the party) so you can come to grips with it and get that confident feeling you want to display.I mean you want to leave them saying "man the boss can tackle anything" right.

I don't have an outfit yet, but thanks for the advice. The shoes were the easier part...I knew my shoe size, converted it to women size and there ya go. Everything else I need some help on...and that is what brought me here. Actually, what brought me here was a typo to be specific. I typed in crossdresser .com to see what came up and a store did. I went to go back and added the "S"...and that broght me here...and I am real glad it did. You guys rock.

When is your salon appointment? Getting your brows waxed doesn't really hurt that bad, if you wish I can help you with the shape.

Also, have you started shaving yet? I suggest that you don't wait until the last day, you might need to do a few trial runs with the razor on your legs and chest.

And as far as the nails, have you decided what length you are going to go?

I have two questions for you if you don't mind - why are you having a costume party at this time of year, and exactly when is it? I mean, if it is in a week, then we have lot of work to do
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been following this thread but haven't commented until now. Stick with these gals New Guy and they will make a "woman" out of you yet. BTW, you are braver than I am wearing those boots.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Removed!
    Hi New Guy,

1 * I wear long acrylic nails 24/7 and it sure beats the old way of doing it myself. The added bonus is they wont break off very easily. Since your new to heels if you stumble and reach for a door and hit the press on's they'll snap right off.

2 * Don't stress out about your wife doing your makeup or helping you. Be glad she is willing. A lot of girls here don't have someone so supportive.

3 * Congradulations on the pregnancy test. We are all happy for you. We'll even help you pick out YOUR maternity clothes..... lol

4 * So when you decide "this is'nt for me" (like that's gonna happen)..... LOL, can I buy your boots from you? They will go great with my collections of **** wear.

5 * We are all happy to have you here and will do anything we can to help out!!

Good luck and best wishes on your adventure...
    Read my monthly column On URNA And The Gender Society

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    When is your salon appointment? Getting your brows waxed doesn't really hurt that bad, if you wish I can help you with the shape.

Also, have you started shaving yet? I suggest that you don't wait until the last day, you might need to do a few trial runs with the razor on your legs and chest.

And as far as the nails, have you decided what length you are going to go?

I have two questions for you if you don't mind - why are you having a costume party at this time of year, and exactly when is it? I mean, if it is in a week, then we have lot of work to do
    I have an haircut planned for today @ 1:30 and I am going to talk to the girl who cuts my hair about it. If she is willing to do my make up then I will let her.

As far as the nails are concerned...I am very reluctant to do anything the might permanently alter the way I look...but you all have talked me into it. It seems that they could come off easy if they were soaked in a fluid someone mentioned earlier, so why the heck not! I will probably get them short because I am going to drive about 30 miles after getting them done, then get dressed at work...so I need to be able to function. But I am 90% going to do it.

The shaving I am backing off of...but not without a pretty cool alternative. My father-in-law makes Mechanical Window displays for the hoildays and big dpeartment stores. He has a person who makes molds and creates things all the time. I went to his shop this morning and they made a mold of me. I took a suggestion from someone here and we are going to use a leotard to cover my body...but he is building right into it real-looking breasts. Pretty neat. Now I can wear a dress that will show my new found boobs!

The function of the party is that of an Employee Appreciation Week. We have a Week's full of events that my employees planned. We have a Party Planning committe at work and every month I give them a budget. The Last Week in March they have a bigger budget where they can have a week's worth of activities. It is focused around having fun @ work and team building. All 5 days were planned by the employee run committe, but I am resposible for gifts and such. This week is very important to me as "the Boss" because I just took over this place. I was transferred from another location that was very successful to this one and they have NEVER had a "good boss" in 7 years of the locations existence. Essentially they DO NOT TRUST management. That is why I am going all out for this. I want them to trust me. So if they want a hooker, I am not going to just slap on a dress and call it a day...I am going overboard. I hope that explains it all. Here is the week in a nutshell:
    Day 1 we are having a scavenger hunt and I am hiding prizes all of the building (money, Paid Days Off, Gift Certificates etc),
    Day 2 were are doing a Spa Day and I have hired a massuse (spelling?) to give 10 minute back rubs. I will be making pina coladas, margharitas and smoothies all day long and each employee is going to take home their own personal back massger and body oils,
    Day 3 is Employee Luncheon/Dress down day. We work in an atmosphere where most of the staff wear uniforms. They can where whatever they want and during the day, myself and the rest of the management staff are going to cook for the the staff. They are also welcome to bring in a dish of their own for a "Cook Off" contest. 1st prize is $100. I can cook...and the staff knows this...so they gave me a "preferred menu". I am making Penne alla Vodka, Chicken Marsala and veal Sorrentino.
    Day 4 is the Staff Olympics - We have a whole bunch of events planned and the winners of the events take home GC's, Cash and Paid Days Off
    Day 5 - Costume Party - 1st prize $100 and a paid day off, 2nd prize $50 and paid half day, 3rd prize is $25. The staff also got to pick the managements costumes. Now this day came together because the Party Planning Commitee couldn't decide between Pajama Day, Cowboy Day, Sports Team Day, and Opposite Sex Day...so they decided to do a costume party incorporating all of them. I should have seen the dress coming.

The week is that of March 25th...so I have some time.

As far as the eyebrow shape...dare I say my eyebrows kinda look feminine if they were a little less thick. They have a decent shape already. I will let you know what my hairdresser thinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Hart View Post
    Hi New Guy,

1 * I wear long acrylic nails 24/7 and it sure beats the old way of doing it myself. The added bonus is they wont break off very easily. Since your new to heels if you stumble and reach for a door and hit the press on's they'll snap right off.

2 * Don't stress out about your wife doing your makeup or helping you. Be glad she is willing. A lot of girls here don't have someone so supportive.

3 * Congradulations on the pregnancy test. We are all happy for you. We'll even help you pick out YOUR maternity clothes..... lol

4 * So when you decide "this is'nt for me" (like that's gonna happen)..... LOL, can I buy your boots from you? They will go great with my collections of **** wear.

5 * We are all happy to have you here and will do anything we can to help out!!

Good luck and best wishes on your adventure...

Absolutely.

Removed!
    Absolutly....

To what??

Letting us help you pick out you maternity clothes.

Oh.....How silly of me OF COURSE that's what you ment. No self respecting "hooker" would let go of a pair of shoes that nice... LoL

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?

Banned Read only
    New Guy, hunny! Where did you go to "Good Boss School"? I need to pass that along to my boss.

Employee Appreciation Day? never heard of it, the Scrooge...

Have lotsa fun and refer all your cute boy employees thisaway!

Just kidding!

respect and love (for enlightened management)

deja

(psssst! Michelle just let us know that she has BiiiiiiiiG feet!)
    Last edited by deja true; 02-25-2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: added thought

Have lotsa fun and refer all your cute boy employees thisaway!
    You can serve as my "Finishing School" instructor

Just got back from getting my haircut and it was a little embarrassing but fun. My hairdresser and all the other woman in the salon were having a blast with me once I told them what was going on. After my haircut she examined my eyebrows and said, once trimmed slightly they should look just fine. She said that she wanted to do a trial run with make up...and started applying some right then and there!!! I was taken a back because I wasn't expecting it...but I got to see what I looked like with mascara, lipstick and foundation. The place started getting busy, so she cleaned me up and sent me on my way. They want to take pictures also...so I said OK...for you all!

Removed!
    Quote Originally Posted by the new guy View Post
    They want to take pictures also...so I said OK...for you all!
    We just might make a woman out of you yet.

It sounds like it was a really good time had by all. We can't wait to see the pictures!!

We are all hoping you have fun and don't be too embarrased. We have all been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Hart View Post
    We just might make a woman out of you yet.

It sounds like it was a really good time had by all. We can't wait to see the pictures!!

We are all hoping you have fun and don't be too embarrased. We have all been there.
    I was only embarrassed because she started putting make up on me almost immediatley. No foreplay or anything! Seriously..it was a little scary in front of a bunch of strangers...but I got through it alive and I guess it will be much easier the next time.

BTW, she said I have fantastically long eyelashes and they really did look like a woman's eyelashes when the make up was applied.

Removed!
    No foreplay or anything! Seriously..it was a little scary in front of a bunch of strangers...

Now you finally know how a woman feels.......

I can't count the number of times I've had this experiance this with men.

See how dressing up can really "open your eyes" to a womans world. You really are pretty nice, and a great sport. I am just loving all your "tales of woe", Keep them comming.

Well, as I said, she wants to do a full bore trial run to get "My Look" down. I will take pictures and post them...I promise.

I have an haircut planned for today @ 1:30 and I am going to talk to the girl who cuts my hair about it. If she is willing to do my make up then I will let her.

As far as the nails are concerned...I am very reluctant to do anything the might permanently alter the way I look...but you all have talked me into it. It seems that they could come off easy if they were soaked in a fluid someone mentioned earlier, so why the heck not! I will probably get them short because I am going to drive about 30 miles after getting them done, then get dressed at work...so I need to be able to function. But I am 90% going to do it.
    For removing acrylic nails properly (with pix), please follow this link:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=10423
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]