Thread: Is it ok?

Is it ok?

I just got 4 pairs of shoes from my wife's neices and I feel funny about them giving them to me. I mean they know I dress, is it wrong to feel funny? they are really nice shoes and I do plan on wearing them and will enclose pictures of them soon. But still feel funny.
    The most beautiful thing in life, cannot be seen or touched, but is felt by the heart!

To accept a gift from someone else is perfectly fine. Do not put their pictures up here though. I do not know if that is what you meant or not.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Your CD self protection mechanism is still active that's why. (Understandable)

If you were Aunty Samantha who likes funky shoes, it all works out fine.

It's a wonderful vote of confidence in you.

picture!

Sorry if I made it sound like I was going to post a picture of the neices but what I meant was post pictures of the shoes they gave to me not the neices
    The most beautiful thing in life, cannot be seen or touched, but is felt by the heart!

Well you can always give them to one of us on here.We promish to wear them

[SIZE="3"]I have had clients drop off clothing and shoes and many other items thinking I might like to wear them. Some are really a lot more extravagent than I would wear but I always accept them with thanks.

Some of the clothes are so darling and so expensive that I would never even think of owning them. One client and I swap clothing since we are virtually the same size (with enhancements on my part!). She drops off a hatbox stuffed with hair ornaments and belts and some awesome tops. I hand her a bag with some of my items that I probably won't wear anymore. We are both happy about it. (Ihave to admit that I can't properly wear some of the really low-cut blouses that she does, my, she is just built!)

We look at this exchange as simply a sharing of nice clothes and wanting someone else to benefit from them. Sort of like a private Goodwill. We enjoy it.
    The top in the attached picture came from her.

Your sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Well,

That funny feeling could be a joy that you have not fully accepted, have you fully accepted yourself and self expression?....or maybe you are allergic to something on the shoes?

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

i use to feel awkward when my wife 1st started bringing me home things. Now its not a problem, she knows they make me happy, and i accept her gifts in the spirit they were given.
    long flowing skirts

Gold Member
    there is no reason to feel guilty about them giving you things to wear.
    Enjoy them, they are gifts from accepting family members.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Former Member
    It's so nice that you are accepted! Wear them and have fun! That is what they wanted when they gave them to you.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    If they KNOW that you crossdress, you shouldn't feel funny about them giving you girly stuff......my mother knows about my CD-ing and gives me things now and then after getting them at Goodwill

They are obviously supporting you, accept gratefully, show them you are having pleasure wering their gifts. Perhaps you could reciprocate or take them clothes shopping to show your appreciation.
    Beauty is in the smile of the beholder

Don't feel funny, feel good.

The 'funny feeling' is just part of the process of accepting yourself and of them accepting the new you. (in my opinion only, as I'm not there yet with my own family or friends)

Be thankful they are making the effort. Appreciate the gesture.

Getting the shoes from your nieces is fine. they would not have giving them to you if they didn't want you to have them your dressing must be fine with them and they must love you. maybe you can do something nice for them.
    Angie

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    Accepting gifts graciously is a skill.
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

creepy 'cause its family?

Maybe because they are family, its creeping you out just a bit.
    Perfectly understandable.
    If they support you, accept their gifts with kindness and grace. Have they ever seen you dressed, live and in person?
    Build spectacular (but not ****ty) outfits around them, and maybe send them pictures.
    My GF gives me stuff all the time.
    Best of luck.

here they are!

Here are those 4 pairs of shoes I told you about. I mean they fit great and look great but I still feel funny about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They're still in good condition, they look great and they were given to you by someone who wanted to give them to you....

Take them, put them on, take more photos with them on your feet show the niece, say thank you and go on your merry way.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.