Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: name change???

name change???

hi ladies,
    i was wondering if you started out with a female name then later felt that it didnt fit your personality. That is the way i am feeling and thinking of changing mine from shelly to brittany.
    has anyone else had this same feeling

Why do you want to change it to Brittany?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

im not sure
    i think the name is more fitting for me

Name Change

I changed my name. My wife (she knows, approves, supports, encourages) allowed a friend to use our computer, and I suspect that the friend may have seen my screen name which had my femme name as part of it. So I changed it to Nicole. I've always liked this name, and it is more of sensible, serious, credible name than the previous one. No regrets.
    The strange thing is, I dressed for a L O N G time without even contemplating having a femme name. I started dressing before the internet, had no real-life friends with whom I could reveal my secret. I didn't need a name. When I went online, that's when I chose a name, since changed, as I mentioned. The first time I went into a friendly club, the first question I was greeted with was " What's your name?" Without hesitation, "I'm Nicole. Nice to meet you".
    People change the names their parents gave to them. Or they use nicknames or completely alternate names that they prefer. You are certainly entitled to be called by the name you prefer. I vote: change it.

Yeah me too. I've been thinking of Veronica.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

in my almost 50 years of expressing my female half i changed names 3 times.when i was very young and idealistic i was deeply into irish mythology and named myself after bridget.
    later in my most productive years i started feeling more sexy and became lola.
    now i am an old bag and at peace with myself.
    harmony

There's an old joke that says that you can change your name provided it's Kissinger. But people are now entitled to ask, "Who's Kisssinger now?"

Seriously of course you can change your name; it's your name after all.

I've never changed my femme name. It's always been Rikki.

When I get around to it, I am thinking of making it my legal name.

Blessings,
    Rikki

If you would feel better as Brittany then go for it hun. I like Angie it has a special meaning to me
    Angie

Banned Read only
    I've always been Angela since I was a child.
    I can't see myself changing now, unless Her Majesty has a surprise for me in the next Honours List.
    "Arise Lady Angela"

My femme names changed as my personality evolved. I settled into Ericka/Rich for awhile as my feelings became balanced. I later adopted Salandra which is neither male or female and which is actually a title to signify that balance. I do have another femme name mostly for the sake of others which I seldom use. My real name, however, is Richard and always will be because that is who I am.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Shelly is a very Pretty name, I do not know why you would change it. Yes, I was known as Jolien before and I did not like it and changed it to AMY as AMY sounded more girly.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Happy To Be Me
    My name is Melissa and has been now for about 16 yrs about 11 yrs ago I heard some of my friends refer to some CDs that they know with a slight change to the saying of the fem name for eg instead of Melissa they would say Manlissa that made me think that I should change it for that reason but I did not I like the name and Melissa it will stay

[SIZE="3"]Sometimes it is just better if you change your name!

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I have thought about it myself. Back when I posted my first picture online and started meeting people, "What's your name" came upon me one day...I didn't have a name. I never really thought about it. In haste I choose Michelle, which is my wife's middle name.

I like the name but always wondered if choosing my wife's middle name made her feel weird in any way. IDK.....

Yes. I did the same thing, and for several years I went my the moniker "Elena", which I still use as a middle name. (That's "moniker", not Monica!) I thought it was a very pretty name, but it just didn't quite fit.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

bEEb
    It's not like there are legal issues involved. You can be who ever you want at any given moment. Heck you can change your name to some unknown cunieform symbol like "The artist formerly called Prince" did. And you can change it again every day if you want to. That's the beauty of this.... (hobby, lifestyle, fetish)<--- Insert your personal level of commitment here..... You don't have to take any of it very seriously if you don't want to.

i have a dragqueen fun-mother whose name is musty chiffon-i am her daughter mildew

I had used the name Dawn for a while thinking it matched my thinking about a 'new dawning' in my life. However, without thinking about it, Dawn was the name of a girlfriend before I was married. I changed it so that my SO would not have two problems to contend with when I told her about my crossdressing! I chose the name Stacy because (although feminine usually) it can also be a male name--think Stacy Keach the actor. However, since changing your name is a pretty simple task we should be free to express ourselves through our names as well as our clothing!

Banned Read only
    I've never thought about having a middle name.
    It's probably because I don't have a male middle name.
    So I'm going to take my Mums name "Jane" as a middle name.
    That means I'll be Angela Jane Burke.
    If I was an American people would call me "AJ".
    "Hey AJ" and "Way ta go AJ" people would call out as I walked along the street.
    But I'm a Scot so people try to atract my attention with ancient Scottish greeting such as "Ho you" or "You f***kin' corned beef (deaf) or sumthin'?"
    The ignorant swines!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilygirl View Post
    Yeah me too. I've been thinking of Veronica.
    AWWW! But I like Lily

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    AWWW! But I like Lily
    Me too . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Me too . . .
    im gonna so stomp my feet if she changes it from Lily you know!

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I think you look more like a Lily.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    im gonna so stomp my feet if she changes it from Lily you know!
    You're so bossy! But this time you're right.

Just don't bite her ankles!

For you, Lily . . .

Lily.jpg
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's in a name? That which we call a rose/By any other name would smell as sweet. — William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet act II, sc. ii

But Kieron and Captn are right, the same is not true of lillies . . .

hugs,
    'lissa