Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is it so hard to find cd friends who aren’t looking for sex?

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    If you are ever in Dallas, look me up..I have a good friend who is a tgirl and we go out as friends to play pool and darts...we also play poker on Fri nights with some gay friends or some straight folks we know, so a good time is had by all

Split between Dubai and Sarnia (Southern Ontario)
    Holy cow, you folks are awesome!!! Thanks for all the advice and comments and stories and anecdotes and PMs. I couldn't imagine being a cder and NOT visiting this site. It's always comforting to know you're never alone, though I know a huge amount of us often feel that we are in some way or another.

So, while it does suck not having a like-minded friend here other than my wife, I now have some prospects. Don't get me wrong though, I love living in the Middle East, even with a seemingly even list of pros vs cons. But listening to many of you who have found people to hang out with and confide openly with, it makes me wish I was back in North America at times. I'll stick around here for a few more years though regardless...

Thanks,
    Stef

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    I have had that problem too. THICK, maybe... I'm very nervous to meet anyone in fear of Internet trapping. No matter how nice you are, some people don't take "NO" for an answer. Best wishes on your journey.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Oh how wonderful glam is. surfdoc's Avatar
    I just ran into this problem last night. I just want to meet cool people, guys or girls who dress or not. I do feel a little violated after last night. On a sarcastic note... I did go all the way and thank heavens it was tiny
    Just a guy with decoration!!!

My Invisible Ferret

I asked his advice, and he says to just whip out a fake pair of Billy Bob Teeth. However, on an off night they might just ignore the teeth, and declare :
    " I sure do love your earrings. How's about a kiss,...honey buns ? " Belch...Burp. Reek....lol.
    Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    Honey,

Men want sex. Men who don't are, perhaps, rarer than Crossdressers.

Roberta
    That's true Roberta....but I'm married to the woman that....well, you get the picture.

There are plenty of people on here that I trust & respect and I'm thankful for them....You know who you are
    Hugs,

Christi

hetro maine cd here also with supportive wife,,,also all alone

They always say look for the good in everything, so i have just found what the good thing is about being old, you do not get all that stuff , but you don`t get the cross chat ether like some have on here.

joanne

i am very very happy alone...i share my hobby with my beautiful wonderful SO only...i do attend a lot of female only make up parties, but i am a 1 lady only guy....being half female has its advatages and disadvantages...guys always making overtures for sex really irks myself when i go out dressed...welcome to what real GG's have known since the time of eve..guys have a one track mind..

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar

Selfish and Impulsive people don't read the fine print.
    Heck, they don't read the bold print, and forget what they read if it doesn't match their needs.

Women may have experienced this....."No means no, doesn't it?"
    "Not when you're this cute and I'm this horny, Baby!"

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post

Selfish and Impulsive people don't read the fine print.
    Heck, they don't read the bold print, and forget what they read if it doesn't match their needs.

Women may have experienced this....."No means no, doesn't it?"
    "Not when you're this cute and I'm this horny, Baby!"

Roberta
    So true Roberta. Your comments remind me of a recent article in Esquire: The 75 Skills Every Man Should Master http://www.esquire.com/features/esse...s-0508?src=rss (though, many are applicable to more than just men). Regardless, "#1 Give advice that matters in one sentence" is often applicable to you. Thanks.

Anyway, back on subject: Two months on and still nothing. I searched urnotalone, I started a Facebook page, and put feelers out here and there. The hardest thing is just knowing how to start. Thankfully I'll be back in Ontario next month for summer and a break from the Middle East. There's a friend out there somewhere.

Jean skirts 'n boots. RockerTerri's Avatar
    This is an interesting thread, and something i had actually never given serious thought to. Thinking back, most of my guy friends were (or are) driven by a desire for sex first, relationships second....kind of shocking, actually, that i never noticed that. I have always, due to the emotional conflict that arose from being TG, had trouble in relationships, and have had much bigger concerns with trust and connecting than any other desires, with everyone i get close to, not just my SO.

I would advise if you meet a creep in your area, PM others in your area and let them know, and spare them the same experience. Dont know if outing them on the forum would be against the rules, but especially if your friends with others on this or other forums, spread the word.

As i am moving to an entirely new area, this is giving me quite a lot of food for thought. I am hoping to meet some other CD/TG there, but suppose i need to be prepared for encounters with lowlifes as well.

Terri

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    On the rare occasions I go out to clubs dressed up I have been propositioned several times and some guys are genuinely shocked when I tell them I'm straight. God knows why.I mean what you wear doesn't mean any one thing does it? I'd feel vulnerable up to a point if picked on when out dressed but if it really goes pear shaped then you'd soon forget about clothes.
    I was once dancing at a club wearing stockings, knickers and a camisole( so not very threatening then!) and for no reason at all this really bitchy drag queen started flicking water at me when i was on the dance floor. When i realised what was happening and from where it came from I walked over and explained in no uncertain terms what would happen if she didn't leave me alone, I think she got the message. Its kind of good to have your male side in reserve!!
    Peace through superior dress sense..

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    <begin rant>
    Anyone else here have difficulty finding face-to-face friends who share your interests in crossdressing and don't want a little more than friendship?

As anyone knows who has lived in the Middle East, crossdressing is not an acceptable practice here. While many see Dubai as a beacon of liberty in this giant sand pit, it still has a long, long way to go. With the encouragement of my wife, I’ve been on a journey for many years trying to branch out and meet new friends to hang out with who share my crossdressing interests. As it stands now, it’s just me and my wife. She’s the only face-to-face friend who has ever known. Having no social or support groups here (for fear of jail) and a lack of folks here at crossdressers.com who seem to live in the UAE, I’ve found that Yahoo 360 offers the best chance to connect to quite a few expats living in the Middle East and who share similar interests. But, no matter how hard I look, everyone seems to have one more interest than I do: Sex.

Are guys - who might wear a dress or not - really this thick? My 360 page clearly states something along these lines: happily married, looking for friendship only, not gay or bi, looking for people who share interests in dressing for conversation, blah, blah, blah. And what do I get? “i am a nice guy sexy sweat nice and seeking friends before anything else” Anything else? There’s NO anything else. “I’m free. Do you want to *** over for a visit?” What a tool. Do grown men actually spell come that way? “You’re sexy. You want to get together for some fun?” **smacks forehead and rolls eyes** And on and on... Who the f%@k are these degenerates? Is there this big gay cding scene all over the world that I’m so ignorant of? Can’t crossdressers just have a friendship and nothing else?

Maybe I’m asking for too much. Maybe it’s because of this sexually repressed region I’m working in. I’m ready to give up. Anyone have suggestions for finding friends here? Anyone else have stories of messaging harassment or cders/admirers who just don’t seem to get the message?
    </end rant>

-Stef
    sweetie, men are a-holes. Of course they're that thick. here in the southern USA, where you're supposed to be free to do whatever, I can gaurantee that if the right homophobic dumba** in the right place catches one of us alone... well, I hope the rest of you can fight in heels with boobs as I can...

you'll find one of two reactions with roughly 95% of the people you come across: either they want to do you, or they want to harass you. the other 5% either don't care what you do, or are willing to be your friends/ support group. This is the life of a CD in my eyes.

That is the one thing that puts me off about looking for friend in my area.
    Angie

Gold Member
    I think the best way to set up the initial face to face would be to meet in male mode. Reason - they then know you are male and even when they see you real prettied up, they will still have that male image in their mind.
    They will then be less likely to want to do nasty things.

Im dvorced and straight.Hope for honesty when i chat,meeting isnt normally an option 4 me.Not really been around this site that long.Every1 is differant and there are true and honest girls here.Build a relationship with chat,phone,see how it works out,and then meet/or dont.Life just isnt that easy.I wish it was,i really do.
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

maine cd here

No matter what you say you cant find another cd that just wants to be friends and nothing else,,, they all around here seem to want to get into bed..... so much bottled up inside and never talked to anyone before in life,,,,kind of stinks but thats just the way it has to be I guess....

That is one of the main reasons I joined this site, to make friends.

It is what it is
    This very thing stops me from searching out CD's in my area too... I just have the feeling that even if I say I am not looking for anything more than to chat in person, and that I am straight etc, that eventually the meeting will end up being a "ok, why are you REALLY here" sort of thing...

I really do want to talk to someone face to face, but don't want to deal with getting hit on. I almost wish that one of my friends would turn out to be a CD'er, and then we know where each other stands. That would be grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Callie Ente View Post
    I really do want to talk to someone face to face, but don't want to deal with getting hit on. I almost wish that one of my friends would turn out to be a CD'er, and then we know where each other stands. That would be grand!
    You and me both. I would love to find out a good friend was a CD'er. Problem solved. I don't even want someone who I can dress around, I just want someone who I don't have such a huge secret from. I'd love to walk through the mall with a buddy (as guys) and be able to comment on a girl's skirt rather than her rear.

- Stef

Quote Originally Posted by RikkiOfLA View Post
    ...And those who are looking for just friendship are scared to meet anyone new (possibly because of all the ones looking for sex?).
    You hit the nail square on the head.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Silver Member
    I am not new to crossdressing but am new to coming out to others and trying to develope friendships. I recently joined two dating sites. One is cd specific and the other is a ts site that supposedly covers all aspects the subject. It has been my experience that almost all of the people that subscribe to these types of sites are looking for just sex. When I joined these two sites I filled out a personal informaion profile. In this profile I specifically stated that I was looking for friendship only and was not looking for a sexual partner. I have recieved about 50 or so responses to my posted profile and have submitted return messages to all of them. In every case but two these contacts were looking for sex foremost and friendship as a distant afterthought. I have mentioned this site to these same people and have recieved little interest from them in wanting to know more about this place. This site is the best I have found that offers the possibility of me finding what I am looking for. The membership here comes from everywhere on the planet and I have developed online friendships with several people that I would like to meet some day and am thankful for finding them. I find it ironic that some of the people I feel the closest to live half a world away. Finding the right person that lives close by is a difficult task but I am optimistic so will continue my search.

Same here. I live in New Orleans, where we have close to half of downtown devoted to gay/TG/bi/TV/TS... but nobody wants friends. And if a CDer goes to the straight bars, they're liable to be not-so-politely asked to leave. Only way around that is to know which bars are not-so-straight friendly, and even then you come across a**holes.

Hey Stef... ain't it the truth? It would be very very very nice to just have a circle of friends, a giggle of gurls so to speak that just wanna chat and be girls. But then like my MOTHER always said.. "men r pigs" LOL