Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats wrong with us???

Thank you all so much.And its great to meet you all.No matter what people say I still think were doing just fine.Yes,there are right and wrong ways of anything you do.Hurting people isnt good..but with anything,there are always two sides.In some cases,is hurting yourself to please others right either?Because what about you? In instances that we can control,dont we have the right to be happy too?Its all in what that word freedom means to you.And how far you will go to grasp it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've thought about this question.. I mean there is something wrong with crossdressing, or at least everyone that doesn't thinks that way.. and it is that feeling that I want to avoid.. that question as well as "are you gay?" .. the two most common questions asked of the crossdresss community, it seems..

i used to feel the same way to an extent but now i just think what the hell if people think i'm gay so what ! i tell you what gay guys get plenty of female attention friendships ect - which is more than i'm gettin at the moment ! i' just slowly but surely gettin to the point now where i just dont give a damn what people think anymore - i still have my moments of paranioa and guilt trips but i'm getting over it !

I'm getting to the point where I actually wouldn't mind anybody I know finding out. I used to be so afraid of somebody discovering this other side of me that I would purge and force myself to not think about crossdressing. But now I just feel like what's the point of doing that? Now I fear that something will happen to me mentally if I keep my crossdressing tendencies locked up. I've been through depression before and it sucked. I don't ever want to go through that again. Crossdressing makes me happy and if other people can't understand that then it's their problem. Although I'd be happy to explain to them why if they'd be willing to listen.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    You said it. To me there is no such thing as "Normal". There is Typical. znormal defines as being something expected, typical is more the state of being as balanced. We as the rainbow crowd are typical and could be considered normal, if oppinions were more open minded. There is nothing wrong with us!

I think someone said somewhere:
    It is dangerous to be right on a subject on which the established authorities are wrong.
    There is a contradiction between normal in the sense of being like the majority of people, and normal in the psychological sense of having a balanced attitude

In behavior, normal refers to a lack of significant deviation from the average. The phrase "not normal" is often applied in a negative sense (asserting that someone or some situation is improper, sick, etc.). Abnormality varies greatly in how pleasant or unpleasant this is for other people; somebody may half-jokingly be called "pleasantly disturbed".

The Oxford English Dictionary defines "normal" as 'conforming to a standard'. This, although almost right, is not entirely correct. "A normal" is someone who conforms to the ideals of society. This can be for any number of reasons, ranging from the positive (genuine admiration for and acceptance of society's standard, for example) to the negative (fear of humiliation, fear of rejection, fear of being thought mad).

The way I see it is, "Be yourself", as long as your not hurting anyone, it's normal behavior.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Wbradm View Post
    There is nothing wrong with doing what we do as cross dressers.

With that said there is something wrong with hurting people. One of the things I worry about is what would "comming out" do to the people I care about. The people I know would stick by me. Would my mom feel she had messed up somehow. Would my friends feel awkward around me even though they wouldn't abandon me.

I'm not a bad person but i would never want the fact that i'm different to cause other people undue discomfort.

B
    I agree with you. I do not want to hurt the people around me. I do not want to lose the relationship that I have with this people b/c of cding. I'm sure some things would change. Even though they may say it doesnt, but deep down it has to, they are only human.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Point one: Therapists have finally decided we are just different and usually don't try to fix us (unless they are CHRISTIAN counsellors), simply fix some of our bad relational behavior. All breathing individuals suffer from SOME bad relational behavior.

Point two: There are always people that have narrow comfort zones and can't function with the least bit of discomfort, so they spend their lives making the rest of us as miserable as they are as they try to "fix" everyone else so they are comfortable again.

Point three: There are always gonna be some people around who are educated beyond their own intelligence and "know" what we are even if it goes against rational examination (example....conclusion:we put on a dress, then we must want men sexually, which doesn't explain why a lesbian in a dress still wants a woman. Shouldn't she want a man then if the conclusion is correct?)

One day a light went on in my head and I said "Everyone thinks I'm great as long as I am in guy mode, and being in fem mode I am no different in my actions or being so who are the persons with the problem here?", and quit caring what others thought in general. I try to accommodate family members covered in point two because I love them, but otherwise here's a quarter, call someone who cares!

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Whats wrong with us?, nothing. We just love to do someting that others think is out of the norm. How many GG's think their husbands are nuts for the way they think about golf or the sports fan that covers their body with paint the colors of their local sports team. I look at some shirtless fan painted silver and black and ask, whats wrong with him?

Yeah,I dont care too much for what people think.If they think Im a freak,cool,thanks for the compliment. Being "normal" doesnt seem like much fun.There are those people who I would rather just not tell (family and friends who only know one side)but Its usually best that the person your with knows.It may save a lot of problems down the line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You go gurl!

Veronica

great thread and thank you . there is nothing wrong with us . i think we are all great and amazing people
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]