Thread: another question?

Question another question?

I'd love to post a pic or 2 here but am curious has anyone been outed by someone they know that saw their pic here? I know pics can be lifted and posted elsewhere so I'm just curious.
    Dani

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have not had any problems, however if they found your pictures here you would have to question what are they doing on here.

sweety,

do what makes you comfortable! Do you have any reason to believe that someone you know would be looking for you on this site!!? And if they were, would they recognize you and know your female name??? chances are slim that you will be outed here. It is more likely that some one will walk in on you at home!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I do not think people come here to just find out who is here to see if they can destroy somebodies life.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I would doubt anyone you know would recognise you here and if they did you would have to ask yourself "why were they here anyway?"
    BTW i,ve got a "Debs" pic on my camera phone and the only comments i,ve ever had by mates who,ve seen it were "who,s she?"
    Probably like most of us your femme pics and your male pics look totally differant.

Aspiring Member
    Dani:
    I'm way too nervous (and ugly) to post a picture on-line.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    You can lessen the risk by posting in the Out and About, or Pictures session, both of which require logging on to view.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wannabe
    I do not think people come here to just find out who is here to see if they can destroy somebodies life.
    I have not heard of anyone doing that, but we must keep it in mind as a possibility.

The history of "gay bashing" shows that some people actively research and target "different" individuals (sometimes otherwise unknown to them) with a goal of making their life miserable (and even sometimes hoping to push them to suicide!) -- and these people sometimes feel they are doing society a service by their harassment. The stakes get higher for individuals in public positions (anywhere there is partisan or religious politics, or non-trivial money involved), as "digging up dirt" is an ancient profession.

We had an incident here a few years ago where a member copied dozens of photos from here (and did not ask permission), and then reposted them on several different sites, most of them with captions that had nothing to do with the real photo.
    That member was kicked off and the Staff wrote many emails to the other sites to ask them to take down the photos from this forum, but there is nothing that really can be done if someone wants to do this.

I'm not trying to worry anyone, but the fact is that if anyone was doing some sort of web search, the possibility exists that someone could find you here, but it would be sort of a long shot in my opinion.

Like was said above, the chances greatly decrease if you only post photos in the member-only sections, and only give out personal info there too. Many members are out and don't care, but I have seen members here who are not out post both their male and femme pix next to each other in the MtF forum, which anyone could see.

Me? My femme pix are so different from my male look that I doubt anyone could tell, so I don't worry so much - but I am not out by any means, so there is always that rare chance of discovery - but I don't worry about it any
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have to ask....how would anyone KNOW its you 4sure.
    ...perhaps some background details.....might give some clues.....but if I was ever asked if I was on here, and didnt want them to know, I'm sure I could feign total ignorance, and then ask how they came to ask me in the first place....putting the ball back in their court.
    hmmm......if they confided that they had a profile here and thought that this particular profile might be you....well, I'd say you might have just found a new sister.

Suzie P
    [SIZE=3]Suzie[/SIZE]

I haven't posted pix here yet, but I think that if anyone comes here looking for a picture of somebody they suspect of crossdressing then they are of questionable morals themselves, especially if they are looking to out someone and try to humiliate them in any way..

Me Too

As I too am very much in the closet this is the main reason I have not put a face to the body but after reading all of this I think I will have to reconsider as I love most of the full photos of myself, thanks, Luv Peta
    Lover of all things Satin
    Luv Satinpeta

Again Thanks to all that responded. I think the reason we desire to post pics here is because we are very much afraid of going out of our safe zone and venturing out but we still have the desire to be seen and appreciated. It is our fem side that needs to be appreciated and accepted at some level. I very much admire those that have the courage to go out but most of us probably will never be able to venture out. So, posting pictures maybe our only way to show the world when we are feeling our best.
    Love,
    Dani

i think it would depend on someones motives - i mean for me at the moment telling people i stay up half he night on a chatline forum - if they say see you come into work the next day with traces of makeup still on ? would they suspect or go looking for you ? highly unlikely but sometimes shit happens you just dont know who's watching you !

I posted pics here never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalece View Post
    I posted pics here never had a problem.
    ... that you know of You do not know if right now someone has copied every oic you have posted here and are posting them somewhere else. It comes as a shock when you discover that
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

True And I agree it can happen.

Banned Read only
    I just Googled my female name and on the 4th page was my post on the 6th of March to a thread about Eddie Izzard.
    From this page I was able to see the Picture & Video Gallery and the Members List etc.
    Now I don't really care who knows I'm a crossdresser, and I'm obviously not going to disclose any information about any member here, but I think the reason it was so easy was that I use a forename and surname, the latter being my real one.
    So if you are using a feminine alias I suppose it's possible that someone could stumble upon you but it's incredibly unlikely.
    And as has already been said if they do happen to spot you on site for crossdressers maybe you should have a chat. You might be the same dress size and you could double each others wardrobes!