Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: driving in snow

Junior Member rachelle in heels's Avatar

driving in snow

anyone ever drive all dressed up and in heels and got stuck in snow sat there spinning the wheels feeling helpless trying to get out

A little lack of forethought me thinks.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I have driven in snow en fem, but never got stuck.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

At least you got a Maine State Trooper to smile. Those miserable b_____!

I would have ended up in jail because of Massachusetts plates.

And Emily - NC? You haven't seen snow til you've gotten to Maine!

Lipstick kisses

Karen

four wheel drive is your friend LOL

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Have driven in heels and love it...not in the snow tho......but if I have the chance...I'll take my 4X4!

Actually, ... yes

I went driving in my wife's Navigator this last winter. Fully dressed, wearing among other things a new pair of high-heeled boots.

Well, even with only a couple of inches of snow on the ground, the trusty ol' Navigator couldn't make it up my driveway (which has a steep part) because, as it turned out, the tread was about gone! As luck would have it, I was able to walk the 150 feet or so up to the house, without any of my neighbors roaring by. Actually, I was kind of surprised at how little anxiety I felt.

I left some cool footprints all the way up to the door.

Later in the day, and after changing, I went out with some ice-melt and was able to get the dang thing up the driveway. (A set of new tires followed shortly thereafter.)

Junior Member rachelle in heels's Avatar

tires spinning

i had to sit there reving it and rocking it and the tire smell was awfull i got the tire to grip

If you were spining your tires in snow, how could you be burning rubber to smell tire smell??? If you were rocking it back and forth, you were probably smelling your clutch/transmission burning up...
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I drive back and forth to work wearing heels and skirts everyday. It seems like there is snow more often than not here. I've never gotten stuck and very seldom use 4X4. Just lucky or if you ask me I'm good. By the way it's 35 miles of unplowed dirt roads to the field.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie

No, but I am thinking there might be a good story to tell us here....

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I live in big time snow country. Wouldn't even think about driving enfemme. Even if you're driving great, some other fool could hit you. Accidents in winter skyrocket! Come spring, it's a big YES for driving.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    If you were spining your tires in snow, how could you be burning rubber to smell tire smell??? If you were rocking it back and forth, you were probably smelling your clutch/transmission burning up...
    not necessarily, my mom successfully put a burnout on ice under snow when the car was stuck in the drive once :P All you need for tire smell is friction of wheelspin and you'll have that smell

Quote Originally Posted by kymmieLorain View Post
    four wheel drive is your friend LOL

Kymmie
    Yeah, but it doesn't help you stop better on icy roads...
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I don't want to put a damper on the fun, but one of the things I remember from Air Force training was "Always dress as if you might have to walk home." I doubt they had CDing in mind, though. In any case, if you don't have enough clothes with you in the vehicle, you are literally trusting your life to the vehicle.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Several years ago, I was home dressed late at night during a snowstorm and decided I wanted to drive down to the end of the road to check my mailbox for mail (about 1/2 mile away).

Well, sure enough I got stuck in a snowbank (and 4wd was no help). I was wearing an ankle length very full denim skirt and tights. I ended up hiking home (only about 1/4 mile, since I'd only made it halfway to the mailbox). It was quite a nervous time, since if a car had come along I'd have been right out in the open with nowhere to hide. But staying in the car until somebody showed up to help me out eventually would have been MORE of a risk of getting caught.

Long story shorter, I finally got home but by the time I did I was freezing cold and my skirt was soaking wet and crusted with snow and ice.

Lesson learned... from then on I ALWAYS throw a change of clothes in the car, even if it is just a pair of shorts and a t-shirt!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

This sort of thing is exactly why I always keep a change of (drab) clothes, heavy coat and boots in the car. Here in Iowa it is not if you get stuck in the snow, it's when!
    [SIZE="2"]Tina D'Orsay
    Central Iowa

"Silence is golden,duct tape is silver."
    "You can never be to rich, to thin or wear too high heels."[/SIZE]

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Same here, I always keep a change in the car, I had a tire blow out recently and I forgot and took my clothes out of the car! From then on I keep a change with me.

No I have 4 wheel drive hun
    Angie

I guess that I am kinda weird, But..
    I actually LOVE to drive in the snow in my 4X4! It totally excites me. Regular driving is just Soo boring, So I guess I just kinda just drive fast normally.
    Do I drive in the snow en-fem, not as yet, but if I did, I would have the clothes to deal with it if I have to. If you live with It then you just Know..
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rachelle in heels View Post
    anyone ever drive all dressed up and in heels and got stuck in snow sat there spinning the wheels feeling helpless trying to get out
    Trying a semi in cd and get stuck your fuel freeze then cops show up. "B.T.D.T" and thank you stole the truck

Ive never seen snow let alone driven in it. Doesnt sound like a whole lot of fun though

Wink Stuck?

No, but a very very long time ago when I dressed more often and travelled on the road I did end up stuck on a lonely highway at night with a very deteriorated tire, and no spare. Luckil a lady motorist picked me up and drove me to my motel. If it hadn;t have been her who knows or If I was in drab she wouldn't have stopped.. so what happened???

Quote Originally Posted by CrossdressinGoth View Post
    not necessarily, my mom successfully put a burnout on ice under snow when the car was stuck in the drive once :P All you need for tire smell is friction of wheelspin and you'll have that smell
    Then maybe you could explain how you would get friction on ice (which is frozen and slippery) enough to burn rubber (that would be getting the tires hot enough through friction to make them smoke) without melting the ice from the friction?
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Insert Title Here>
    I feel like such a troll as this is my first post, but it's how I stumbled on this. But oddly enough I have had it happen, although usually I don't go all out I usually just stick to heels, and pants with the occasional skirt.

But I've had this happen to me on accident up here wearing heels and a skirt, the first time with out any shoes, or clothes to change into but fortunatly I was able to rock it out after some time. I did feel quite helpless, and even enjoyed it some and want to do it again on occasion and have a few times making sure to bring a change of clothes just in case as for some ridiculious reason I do enjoy it.

As for burning rubber on ice it is entirely possible. Keep in mind just because ice is extremely slippery, it still does provide some friction. This will allow the tire to build up a great deal of heat (Using considerable more effort than say on pavement/other slick surfaces), even if the ice below is unable get above freezing before melting, the rubber in the tire is easily capable of building the heat faster than it disipates.

The only way it would not be possible is if the surface it was on provided 0 friction, or the tires were suspended in air. Keep in mind just because the car can't move or is limited in movement, doesn't mean there isn't any friction (Or traction in this case) it just means there isn't enough to move the car.
    Last edited by FuzzyCuffs; 03-15-2008 at 06:49 PM.