Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, how can people think we're not women while out dressed

Seriously, how can people think we're not women while out dressed

I have been out for the first time in the morning dressed. Usual skirt, blouse, blonde wig but flatties.

It was weird walking around in the sunlight. It felt odd because when I passed a man I thought he might say something like 'you queer.'

But since I dress down, albeit I am in a skirt, I can't see anyone guessing I am male. I cover my beard well. But what exactly is a man's face? There ar some ugly real women out there. I think it helps if a man is oveweight. He can get away with it more.

What you think? BTW, I was out for an hour dressed. Still felt weird, but I need to do it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950sclothes View Post
    I

It was weird walking around in the sunlight. It felt odd because when I passed a man I thought he might say something like 'you queer.'
    I think in general people just don't care. They may say to there self "That was a guy" and chuckle a bit inside, maybe tell their wife and coworkers what they saw. Unless they are real asshats they would not say anything to your face.

Yeah, but who's to say I am a guy anyway. No one will know for sure. :P

There ar some ugly real women out there.
    WTF .............. judge not, less u be judged yourself ...... we may be ugly but we are, what you can only dream of being
    Last edited by Sheila; 03-17-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    WTF .............. judge not, less u be judged yourself ...... we may be ugly but we are, what you can on dream of being

OMG ! By all means bann the word ugly.

Next time you are out and about, take a real hard look at ALL the women you see--not just the cute ones you wish you could look like. A lot of them are butt ugly !!! A lot of them are more masculine looking and more masculine dressed than most of the girls I see on this board. Some of them have more facial hair than some of us . On and on I could go. But I think the key as has been said many times before here is BLEND IN !! None of them are wearing 6 inch heels with sequined mini dresses at the mall in the morning !! None of their makeup looks like Tammy Fay on the way to a ball, etc. As much as it pains me to think it --we need to look average most of the time. If you look average---and average is not too high a standard these days ---you have a good chance of not beign noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    OMG ! By all means bann the word ugly.
    Right on Joy!! Ugly is a state of mind, not an appearance.
    ColleenW

That is what I try to do. I try to BLEND IN. That way most of the people I meet don't take much notice of me and the end result is I pass as a woman. I will admit that I have somethings going for me that does help.

1. I'm 5'8"
    2. Size 12/14 dress
    3. Size 9 heel
    4. No adams apple.
    5. Part native american, so don't have a lot of body hair.
    6. I'm not that muscular.

I have a CD sister that would look like a man-in-a-dress, but does have breasts due to medication she takes. So she always wears low cut tops, blouses, dresses when she is out. She told me that both GG's and GM's will look at her face, then her boobs, and then away. She believes that showing cleavage puts enough doubt into the other person's mind that they believe she is a female and thus she passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drucilla View Post
    . . .I think the key as has been said many times before here is BLEND IN !! None of them are wearing 6 inch heels with sequined mini dresses at the mall in the morning !! None of their makeup looks like Tammy Fay on the way to a ball, etc. As much as it pains me to think it --we need to look average most of the time. If you look average---and average is not too high a standard these days ---you have a good chance of not beign noticed.
    YES! What you wear and how you wear it is what people will notice first, if they notice anything at all. Study GGs who are your approximate age, who live where you live, shop where you shop, etc. and see how they put themselves together for a given occasion.

Also, don't forget smell - men and GGs smell differently, with or without perfume. It doesn't hurt to use a little perfume to camoflauge those male phermones as best as possible.

As has been mentioned before, how you walk will influence how others see you, so I won't go any more into that.

In a store you might notice that many women browse and they touch things to see how they feel.

If you are in a resturant take a look at what women typically order as compared to men. You might see the difference in what and how they eat. (Most of my GFs actually chew their food and we rarely clean our plates.) How you are dressed can infleunce this.

Passing is about confidence and presentation, but I feel being mindful of the details can go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    WTF .............. judge not, less u be judged yourself ...... we may be ugly but we are, what you can only dream of being

Hahahahahahahahaha.

It's the use of "WE" that cracked me up. Brilliant!

LOL

Anyway some of my best friends are ugly women.
    Last edited by Julie York; 03-17-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Typo.

There ar some ugly real women out there. I think it helps if a man is oveweight. He can get away with it more.

I think this might be one of the most insulting things I have read on here

I have to say who decides what is ugly ?

( I presume your in the supermodel category )

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

You also seem to be suggesting women are overweight or should be

I can see why some women think men are insensitive given your comments
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha.

It's the use of "WE" that cracked me up. Brilliant!

LOL
    That is the Royal we Julie
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Gold Member
    LOL, this is wild thread, but when I go out some day it I will be with others like me, I'm 6'3" 250, women just aren't normally thats size so people will look, and I don't want a bunch of finger pointing and people saying "OMG thats a man".

I know a few folk are getting all airated about someone daring to suggest that all women are not beautiful (golly gosh, surely not!), but let's not let all this PC stupidity infiltrate the forum.

There ARE some ugly women. FACT.
    The more manly they look the less conventionally pretty they look. FACT.
    Fat CDs look more facially feminine that bean pole guys. FACT.

Therefore: A CD can often pass as an unattractive overweight woman quite successfully.

Can't see any reason to get all PC about it. It's bloody obvious.

well,
    if its dark enough, or bundled up enough
    or alone out in the woods,
    like my first time.
    no, seriously,
    if we shape our perceptions first and our attitudes to match or exced our outer layers,
    we are female.
    so they see female.
    (until we speak,
    kididing.)
    let us dance upon air
    so that they perceive we float.

airhead,
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

Next time you are out and about, take a real hard look at ALL the women you see--not just the cute ones you wish you could look like. A lot of them are butt ugly !!! A lot of them are more masculine looking and more masculine dressed than most of the girls I see on this board. Some of them have more facial hair than some of us . On and on I could go.......

Wow -- you have won the post of the day!!! Congratulations!!!!

And, yeah, I am being very sarcastic.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Platinum Member
    ugly?????? might i remind you we are here for support as well as to give it .... saying you pass because of ugly women is not nice ......we all have feelings ... lets not forget that ..... all women are beautiful ......

Congratulations, you managed to insult all of the girls here in one post, born girls and choosing to be girls.
    And as far as ugly goes, I think it is on the inside, you have to look hard or be in the negative to find it. I choose to see the beauty in others, both born girl and choosing to be. Please try and look harder and see the beauty.
    Brenda

There ar some ugly real women out there.
    Subtlety isn,t exactly your strong point is it
    And at the end of the day, ugly or not, they are still women and will always have that something extra they we can,t quite achieve!!

Gold Member
    LOL, there all pretty at closing time

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    LOL, there all pretty at closing time
    True...Attachment 62989
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 05-08-2008 at 08:38 AM.

But since I dress down, albeit I am in a skirt, I can't see anyone guessing I am male. I cover my beard well. But what exactly is a man's face? There ar some ugly real women out there. I think it helps if a man is oveweight. He can get away with it more.
    [SIZE="2"]your comment and attitude are so shallow and judgemental that it's not even offensive, it's just laughable. As I've said before, it amazes me that as a group of people who seek acceptance from others, some crossdressers can be so incredibly judgemental of others

'ugly' is not generally a word I'd use to describe someone's appearance... but it certainly is one I would use to describe people's words, thoughts or judgements...

and given that I've never looked at all the photos on here, all I've got to go on is your perception of what you look like... and while there may well be some unattractive women out there, there are also some crossdressers who just *do* look like a man in a dress, and for all I know, you could well be one of them
    [/SIZE]

OK, I don't mean to offend. We all know that some women are less attractive than others. It's a fact. No need to insult me. There ARE ugly women. So what. And I am an ugly man.

But I can pass off as a woman. All I am saying is that once dressd, who knows for sure I am not a woman. I'm an ugly woman but I don't mind anyone knowing.

I think a lot of the people who were 'insulted' by my comment over-reacted. And when I said being fat which I am, helps, I MEAN I HAVE MAN BOOBS.

So I don't need to fill my bra. Simples as.
    Last edited by 1950sclothes; 03-17-2008 at 02:14 PM.

like so many have said to me its all about confidence and how you carry yourself - i dont have the confidence yet it amazes me how some can just go out for the first time in daylite on their own and not have a panic attack ! saying that on the few occasions i have so far of a nite time once your out you do relax a bit - i think the worst part is just gettin out the door - but yeh i see plenty of manly looking women when i'm out i'm always looking to see if theyre a cder !

...If you look average---and average is not too high a standard these days ---you have a good chance of not being noticed.
    Good one!!! But who wants to be average?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]