Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purging

A married CD/tgirl in NJ flacindycd's Avatar

Purging

OK Gurlz when you get the thought of PURGING I have a few questions.

1) why? and what caused it?

2) How long did it take before "THAT" feeling came back over you?

3) How long after the PURGE did it take before you started buying stuff again?

4) How many times have you PURGED?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A Jersey gurl looking for friends, http://360.yahoo.com/flacindycd

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I have purged twice, both times because I felt like I was a "sicko" and needed to fit in with society's view of crossdressing (obviously I had not accepted myself yet), and purging was me stopping by not having the "articles of crime" to continue it in my "sickness".

Being myself came back within a week both times, and I think I resisted rebuying maybe a month the first time, and a week at most the second.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Surely, purging isn't about the clothes - it's about trying to reject how you feel and the way you were born, because you're trying to fit into what you see as society's 'rules'...

Some people can bury their feelings very successfully, for a long time - others purge over and over again - but, who you are doesn't ever really change?

The sooner you can accept the way you were made, and learn to love yourself for who you actually are and the strengths you have because of it, the easier you will find your life?
    Last edited by Nicki B; 03-18-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Corrected typo..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

My first two purges, in my teens, were a result of guilt over the thefts which produced my wardrobe, fear of getting caught (as a CD), and some self-loathing.

My third purge was in my twenties, and the guilt driving that one came from intense guilt over a conflict with my faith. That's the purge I regret the most as I lost my favorite pair of shoes ever: a pair of black t-strap pumps. (Oh, sadness!!)

The first two purges lasted a year, the third purge lasted three years.
    There would have been a fourth purge 6 years ago, but I decided "I'm just going to go through this again. Just set them aside, pretend their not there, and wait for the urge to come back so I don't have to waste money and go through all the covert activities to make my purchases.

I've had three purges, almost four.

I have purged several times over the years, often going long periods (months) without doing anything. As with the other girls here, this was mainly because I felt there was something wrong with me...due to society's view...and that I needed to conform. However, I always went back to dressing some, even if just in panties, before too long. My SO has been tremendous throughout the purges, and my desires, as this is who I truly am.

There will be no more purging (other than male clothing at times), as if the desire leaves me, I now truly realize it won't be for long.
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle Anise[/SIZE]

Sissy Maid of MsJanGG

www.flickr.com/jansplaytoy

I,ve purged a few times. The first time was when i left school deciding life would be differant now and i wouldn,t need this anymore.
    The second time was before i got married and decided it was no longer part of who i was [I hadn,t dressed for the previous 3 years].
    I came back to it a couple of times during my marriage and purged again each time.
    Since i,ve been separated and am now being divorced i,ve learned to accept myself and think it,s very unlikely i,ll purge again.
    I may stop dressing for a while but won,t throw everything away again.

Three times for me. I will never purge again. I realized that I am transgendered and I am comfortable in that. A few poeple know about me, most don't. I underdress everyday. I don't worry if someone sees the waist band of my panties or the bottom hem or the straps from my camisole. I am who I am and that's all there is to it. If poeple quit being friends with me because of that, then they we're not very good friends in the first place.

Purged twice and both times it was due to another change taking place in my life. First time was early 20's when I left college to go out into the real world. The few items I had then were pretty well worn by that time and ready for the trash. Also I thought I could quit dressing.

Second time was when I was in my late 20's and a girlfriend moved in with me. Storage space in my apartment at that time was limited and I knew I would have little time alone to dress up. Didn't care to share my secret with her. I really regret that purge as I got rid of some good clothes and shoes.

Christine

1. The only reason I purge is to try to hold a relationship together that always fell apart anyway.

2. I always hate myself for purging, and really miss the stuff I had to get rid of.

3. When I could

4. oh, about 6 times in my life and hated evertime.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I[SIZE="3"] was in a sick cycle of purging for a long time. I would collect a few things dress and do my thing then I would be filled with self loathing and fears of being caught would overwhelm me so I would vow never to do this kind of thing again forever and toss everything. A month later I would be back at collecting and the cycle would repeat itself, that was when I was crazy lol. Those days are gone and life is a joy

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I've purged twice, both times because my fince/wife insisted. The feeling never went away for me, and following the first purge, I lasted less than a year before I started buying things again. The second time, I think I went about 2 years before giving in again, when it became obvious that our marriage wasn't going to last.

The only things that couldn't be replaced were my photos of myself dressed up when I was only 14 or so. She made me destroy the original slides and negatives. Now, I really wish I had snuck them away and saved them, but I loved her, so they're gone.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Gold Member
    I have purged a few times but I never had the things I do now, I think I have learned to put stuff away until the need is there again.

I've purged several times over the years due to guilt or maybe a move. It is one way to get a new wardrobe!

Twice

Over 30 years ago when I was young and not in control of my living arrangements. Once that period in my life passed, I have never purged, and I never looked back. In fact, the blouse you see in my avatar is from 1982, it's a Norma Kamali, and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands before I purge that!

Bawah ha ha ha ha ha (that's supposed to be a maniacal laugh),
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

The first time I purged, I was in my 20,s and was convinced I could do without it,I lasted almost 3 years.Then when I came across more femme clothing the urge returned and stronger,I was a bit concerned about my feelings but did it again for an 11 year marriage which is now over.I always worried to death about what other people thought.Looking back,I never advised anyone else not to do something they found pleasurable,so when it comes to myself and my time,it is a personal and worry free goal now.

I'm positive I'll never purge again,maybe only take small breaks from dressing, but never get rid of my clothes or shelve the way I feel or what I want to do.

I've purged twice though neither time I had a particularly large wardrobe anyway. Now when I purge, I just purge the stuff I don't like anymore, and keep the rest in a box, because I know it'll come back.

Three times - guilt - never again. Sure wish I had some of those things back.

well i have never purged but through moving appartments have decided to leave some things behind - nearly everytime i have regretted it - a skirt or dress i suddenly want to wear gone ! if i was too purge any of my clothes now all that would happen is i would just end up buying similar clothing at some point again at a cost ! i kept a black coat to go out to a meeting last nite about 4 years old and prob not that fasionable anymore - but the fact is i like it and its mine ! and why should i have to ever throw any of my femme clothes away - ggs can take me for who i am now or not at all - THEYRE MINE and i wont purge for anyone anymore !

Barbara
    Guess I have purged several times over a span of 40 years or so. Mainly purged as I felt it was wrong and not a manly thing to want to wear womens clothing. After a lot of therapy & and a lot of inner searching I determined that I hurt nobody, I wont be able to change so I just accept & enjoy. Makes life a lot easier as well as fun!
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

i thought about purging many times yet i have never done it.
    Even if i wasn't kirra anymore i'm not giving up my stuff just b/c ppl don't like that i dress as a girl.
    I will only do it if i don't want to do it anymore.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Purging comes and goes for me.. I can have a strong feeling of throwing clothes away, usually around the first of the year.. for me there seems to be a guilty feeling of some unexplainable sort, that every now and then I see what all that I have and realize that some of this I haven't worn in a few years.. some of the shoes that I recently tossed was in favor of comfort.. the shoes tossed hurt my feet more than I felt was acceptable and also these were not worn hardly at all.. I went off track there for a second.. the first question of why and what caused it would be feeling that I have too much, my original amount was going to be governed by he size storage box(tote) that I had... also wear ability and how I feel over all in those clothes..
    Second how long did it take for "that" feeling to come back; I assume you mean wanting the clothes back and I would say almost instantly and of course the feeling of purging followed later..
    overall the number of times I have purged would be many.. actually too many.. the mindset for me is to just throw the clothes away and not think about it again (what's gone is gone) but in the past few years I feel like it is better to possibly store these clothes somewhere else (in the house) and then decide on a later date if a purge is a good idea..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I purged, because:

I wanted to get rid of some of the stuff before the kids ever find it,

I wanted to get rid of some of the stuff that I never wear,

I wanted to give it away to a female friend who I know would wear it!

I have never gotten rid of all of my things.
    Purge to me is when Jean tells me that I need to purge my shoes and closets of old things! It can be very emotional getting rid of my shoes!

I would never purge,I want to hold on to everything

Twice and sorry I did it. The last time was 35 years ago...never again!
    Veronica

"And the day came
    when the risk to remain tight in a bud
    was more painful
    than the risk it took to blossom"

- Anais Nin