Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purging

1) Either fear of being found out or guilt

2) Few weeks to a few months

3) Again, a few weeks to a few months

4) Since i dont own that much, a dress or two at a time, its been a very common thing.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I haven't had any sort of purging feelings since I was nineteen. I'm a life long dresser (since I was five or six) so the adolescent years were pretty rough, full of "I need to cure myself" moments, or "I can stop it if I get rid of this junk". By the time I reached adulthood, I realized I was never going to stop, and I lost a few things I wished I'd never thrown out. Plus I was stealing many things from my mother and sister, and felt guilty for invading their privacy like that.

It was about as soon as I was old enough to have a steady job and travel away from home on my own that I started shopping for myself. Little by little at first, always pretending it was a gift for a girlfriend or mom, but never looking back.

I had a few lean periods where I didn't dress for months at a time, for one reason or another, but I haven't purged since, and now that I'm fully out and about, it looks like I never will.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 03-20-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I have not purged in the sense of getting rid of something that is wrong with me. In years past, I have wondered about my sexuality, sanity, etc. but never purged as a result. I need to purge some of my things as I have too much stuff that no longer fits or is worn out, but I find it hard to do so. Now at nearly 59 years young, I know who I am, why Pamela needs to hide behind a curtain at times, and I still find I need to be accepted as Pamela. I am a happy person, that is why there is a smiley face after my name.

Pamela

I purged a few time so I would not be found out. Now that my wife knows I have no need to purge and have a nice collection of skirts dresses shoes and all the little goodies.
    Angie

Patricia

Purging

1) why? and what caused it?
    Feelings of guilt, that I was doing something wrong or unnatural.

2) How long did it take before "THAT" feeling came back over you?
    Several months.

3) How long after the PURGE did it take before you started buying stuff again?
    Again, several months.

4) How many times have you PURGED?
    3-4 times. It will never happen again!
    Patricia, the hard core CD

purging..

the first I was 18 and thought I was nuts,redid everything again at 20 until my Ist wife found out and I purged again, at age 30 ,after that went on the rocks I re did it all BETTER... and kept most of it except for the NEW sizing, and my new SO luvs it.

[SIZE="3"]I have had a few memorable purges, but after my wife found about some of them through our talks, she told me to never purge again, she could probably use the clothes.

And as NicoleSmith stated, I really miss some of the things I got rid of.

My goal now is to wear them out until they fall apart, then buy new ones. Or just buy new clothes and fill more closets.

Your sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Exclamation Never Had To Purge!

My family did it for me...constantly. The most
    humiliating part of it was that they showed all
    my stuff to other family members and my friends.

Boy...How I wish I had some of that stuff back!

Please...if you feel the need to purge, just
    store the stuff away. You will eventually regret
    each purge as you WILL buy new to replace the old.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I've had two big purges over the past 15 years. Got rid of everything even my forms. Reason was guilt. Never going to do it again. I know now that I can't stay away from dressing. It's part of who I am, and I really do enjoy it.

Former Member
    I guess I am unusual. I have never purged. I still have the clothes I bought back in the mid 1980's after graduating from college and getting an apartment. They might come in handy if I ever get invited to an 80's party!

Guilt did it for me.........

I purged a little while ago but, on the principal that the cup is half full, the good news is that I am gradually restocking my wardrobe and that's got to be good.

once or twice I purged. I was at that time with a partner who wasnt supportiv and even ridiculed it. Didnt last long (Thank god for thrift stores) but having a supportive partner means no reason to purge. I to this day think on a pvc crop top with little silver studs that got purged.....with regret.

Amanda
    The Happy ****!

I have purged a few times in the past. Thankfully that is all behind me. I told my wife about my other side. Now the guilt that is related to the purging cycle ins gone. I have accepted myself, and my wife also is cool with it. So there will be no costly purges in my future.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I purged once, a long time ago. I have not done it since, and I won't do it again. After I threw everything away that one time, it didn't take long for me to again begin to accumulate the necessities. This illustrated to me how silly it is for people like us to purge. Now the only purging I will do is taking some of the things I have that don't fit as well as I'd like to Goodwill or something. But I won't ever do the classic full purge again.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Twice .. and I really miss those shoes

I have purged twice. It was foolish because my wife doesn't object at all.
    The first time came with stress from work. I felt it would help me focus. My wife told me I shouldn't have done it. But I only threw away make-up, some cheap breast forms and two wigs. Most of the clothes I use, except shoes, are for my wife. (I'm just now realizing how fortunate I am). I'm not sure how long it was.

The second time was even stranger, less than a year ago. A great new job allowed us to buy a condo as a second residence to shorten my comute to work which meant I would be able to dress up many times a week. I was afraid of how that would affect me. So regretfully I threw away everything ... my favorite shoes, $200 breast forms uggh !!! That was last spring. By the end of summer I started buying stuff again, one or two items at a time.

Each purge also came after a period of several months where I either didn't get the opportunity or didn't feel like dressing up. I don't think I will purge again. I really wish I had those shoes back!

I have been a member of this forum for only two days and I have never felt so reasured.

Thank you all for sharing
    ~Amanda

Suppose you just have so much stuff that you've purchased over the years
    because you liked the way it looked, but it didn't fit right or look right on you?
    I figured that I'd give away some stuff to a good old (female) friend who could put those clothes to better use than to be sitting in a storage container in one of my closets.

OK, I purged again...

[SIZE="3"]OK, I purged again after the big breakfast on Saturday, it was all I could do to get it all down. then off to the bathroom to... wait, wrong forum. Excuse me..[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Careful I bite <3
    The only times I've purged were when I was caught or was in fear of getting caught by someone who isn't too accepting. Its happened twice so far and the only good news is that it was while I was young and all of it probably wouldn't fit me anymore.

In the last 40 years I have purged more times than I care to remember. Early years due to thinking I was sick or something. Later on because of SO, when she found out, and again from feeling alone and ashamed of myself. Today I like myself for who I am, but my SO is not accepting so I have to hide it. She has found a few things now and then and she just cuts them up and makes me promise never to do it again, but that will never happen.
    Striving for acceptance.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Smile I'm just too cheap!

How about zero?

I have never thought about purging, and probably never will. The thought of throwing away all of my girly stuff just doesn't compute! I have invested far too much effort, time, and moeny in this part of me to just toss all my stuff away.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I have purged 3 or 4 times. Mainly did it so that God would bless me with a charmed life. Yeah, when I was clean I felt God did bless me in some ways, and that he disapproves crossdressing. But I always fell back to crossdressing, last time I fell back in 2001 he cursed me by taking the job he blessed me away. But now I feel I have some deal with God; told him you cursed my carreer to be unsuccessful because of crossdressing so I'm just good enough to be a gay man, said to God if you bless me with a good carreer and salary then I'd be good enough for a good woman - something he never gave me. So now I feel God has took me up and tolerates my crossdressing and he has blessed my career - I have an aweome job and great salary.

I regret the beautiful clothes I purged, but I actually got maybe 2 items back because I found them in thrift stores! One was a classic 1995 style jr flared dress. But all my old purges were size 12 to 14 clothes! I had been that size for a long time! When I lost weight and went down to a size 4 (mostly), I realized I don't have to purge anymore because a beautiful woman my height can fit my same size clothes! - Like Britney Spears is 5' 4" tall size 6 when fit - my size! So now I ask God to convert me by blessing me with a good beautiful wife who can wear my clothes and tolerate my cd fault. I'll just try to cd less and be inspired by her wearing my beautiufl clothes!

Several times when I was younger and I deeply regretted it afterwards. I'd love to have back some of the slips (now vintage) I foolishly got rid of. But that was well over 30 yrs ago and since my wife became totally accepting of my cd habits, I would never consider it again. I even tend to keep things I can no longer fit into.

NEVER! It kills me when I throw out old beat up panties or put something that doesn't fit in the poor box. I think I'd be suicidal if I purged (OK, a little dramatic but you get the idea).

luckily I have never purged.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Exclamation Purging

I've purged a few times early on in my twenties but quickley returned. Like most here guilt and fear caused this to happen. But like Karyinpanties, I've finally come to realize just who I am and really care less what others think or might say. Life is to short and why spin your wheels trying to please others at your own expense. Kodos to those who early on in their CDing they stayed the course because they had the nerve to buck the system.