Thread: heel damage to foor

Junior Member rachelle in heels's Avatar

heel damage to foor

anyone damage their floor with your high heels i need a new floor from walking on my floor my wife bought me metal tip heels they seem harder on the floor

Hardwood floors and high heels aren't a good mix, I have little dents in a few areas of the kitchen from my heels, consequently my one and only restriction is no heels upstairs. One of theses days I will fix the floor, not an easy job but I think I have enough wood left from when the floor was installed. If it's your whole floor that's damaged you might get away with re-sanding it.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

One of the pains of being a CDer, you have to fix your own screwups, it's bad enough when we have fix our SOs.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

We have throw carpets over our hardwood floors

But how about this problem with high heels! The tiny rubber tips of my stilettos have often broken down as I clump along, cow that I am. Under the rubber tip is a metal rivet that can REALLY damage floors!

I ordered a large number of extra tips so I can switch the tips myself. And keep wearing my favorite heels without having to drop them off to be repaired.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I can't afford heels that narrow....damaging the floor would be too expensive and stressful. Luckily I have avoided that problem!
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

One time (at band camp) I was messing with some shoes that I decided to throw away and just for the sake of knowing how the shoe was constructed, I decided to tear it apart.. I took the heel cap off first and there to my amazement was a metal rod, shaft that ran from the top, under my foot, down to there where the heel cap was.. I took the other cap off the other shoe and just to see what they might feel like, I put them on.. and dig into the floor right there, and three steps later I was out of those shoes forever.. I tore the rest of the shoe up to see what else was there but later I saw the havoc that I rot and in typical male mode self, just shrugged it off.. you can see the pock marks to this day but because I was a drummer the floor has scuff marks from that as well, really hard to tell the difference..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

After we had to refinish our hardwood floors I decided to wear heals that are a bit wider than stilettos. The plus side is that they are more stable. My wife is no longer pissed at me for causing damage.

I have friends that had a house warming party after six months of renovating. They had just put in the nice looking artificial wood floors when one of the female guests put approx. two dozen punctures into it with her heels. New rule for them, no heels in the house.

I live in an old house, with gaps between the floorboards.

Wearing narrow heels leads to holes in the carpet...
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Well, I know firsthand that heels can leave dents in the cargo floor of some airplanes.

Banned Read only
    My two elder sisters completely ruined the hardwood hall floor of one house.
    OK I'll own up.
    About a third of the stilletoe heel marks were mine!

i found little round dents in our hardwood floors about 3 months ago and wondered what the heck they were from. even asked my non-knowing wife what they might be from...

THEN i realized they are right where i took most of my early pics. i shut my mouth quite quickly...

didnt figure anyone else had that issue but wow, i guess there are some sisters in the same boat as me...

If they were real hardwood floors heels would have no effect on them but most modern wood flooring is made up of either a laminate such as plywood, or a composition material with a paper thin hardwood veneer. Both are much more vulnerable to nicks and dents than say solid oak or maple. I have wood flooring throughout my home with area rugs in high traffic spots. Even though I love to hear the clicking of my heels when I walk, I realize the damage it does so I usually walk on the rugs to avoid dents in the wood surface. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

You could not hurt my floors at least not that you could tell.
    Angie

Shortly after we bought our house, my wife and I were in the bathroom when she pointed to about a million little dents on the floor in front of the sink. We sat there trying to figure out what might have made them when my wife realized they were almost certainly from the high heels of the woman we bought the House from.

High Heels, linoleum, tile and "hardwood floors"
    don't mix. I keep on carpet all the time.

Old time asphalt (non-flexing) tiles tend to break
    when walked on if the underlying surface isn't
    perfectly level and smooth.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Only my kitchen which is vinyl tile. I have to change the flooring because its ruined from years of my walking in stiletto heels.

i dont care its not my carpet belongs to the landlords and there are already dents and marks on the carpet anyway - some of them of my making some not - so i dont think a few more holes will make a great deal of difference !

My wife claims that my spikey heels will damage our carpet. I wear more solid heels around the house so I don't cop any flak.

High heal shoes are not made for walking on the heals...arn't you supposed to put 90% of your weight on the front almost like walking on tip toes? This reduces the chance of denting the floor. Otherwise, the best rule as everyone has stated is for visitors to leave them at the door.

Some people also claim that dents on hardword floors add beauty to them...I guess that might be true if the marks are randomly distributed over the entire floor (and you are not the one responsible for the replacement cost!)