Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cowards way of crossdressing.

The cowards way of crossdressing.

That's what I call what I did today. I put on my new blue jeans, I cant remember the brand name, I got them at Wal-mart, they have a built in girdle panel! And they fit perfect! I also had on a new set of panties, pantyhose, a pink T-shirt and short sleeve sweater. The only thing I was wearing that was male was my tennis shoes. But that was it. I wasn't trying to pass; as a matter of fact I intentionally found androgynous clothes that wouldn’t look out of the ordinary. I know, what’s the point? I’m not sure. I just know that I like wearing women’s clothing, and this is the only way I get to go out dressed at all. Anyway, it was still fun knowing that I was dressed totally female. Even if it didn’t look like it. Some day I hope to have the courage of some of you other ladies. But for now.....

its called stealth dressing in britain - i havn done it yet but maybe i'll try it sometime - womens jeans, jumpers and boots but not to obviously ggs clothes - break the boundaries down slowly ! doesnt work for me i either want to dress en femme or not but fair play to you !

Hi Kimmy -

Why 'coward'? If you're comfortable why not?
    ColleenW

Patricia

Coward way of dressing?

Quote Originally Posted by shirley1 View Post
    its called stealth dressing in britain - i havn done it yet but maybe i'll try it sometime - womens jeans, jumpers and boots but not to obviously ggs clothes - break the boundaries down slowly ! doesnt work for me i either want to dress en femme or not but fair play to you !
    I agree completely with this comment. I started out in pretty much the same way and for a while it worked. After a while, however, I found this androgenous dressing just didn't do. I switched over to a completely feminine appearance and the difference was huge.

You too might be going through a stage like I did originally. Some people, however, seem to be content with the halfway approach and this is fine too.

Cowardly? No, not al all.
    Patricia, the hard core CD

It's all about you and your comfort zone. If you don't care what others will say, then you will get there. None of us will fault you for this.

Coward? No!

Hey real GG.s do it like that all the time in male attire, why can't you... have fun no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelanne View Post
    Hey real GG.s do it like that all the time in male attire, why can't you... have fun no matter what.
    I do the same thing and feel better for it. Get to shop in the Women's Dept., and always try it on first. Take it to the Mens Dressing Room. My wardrobe is 100% FEMALE. Not able to wear my dresses and skirts outside the house,so this helps me make it through life. DeeDee

I've done it many time so no need to feel that way.

The cowards way ... NOT

but you feel comfortable , and thats whats matters i don't think your a coward at all . just get out there and have fun . remember baby steps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

women dress that way all the time. so why would it be considered the cowards way? i dress that way a lot as well. nothing wrong with what makes you feel like you.

Kimmy there are no rules

Each person has their own goals and desires, it is more important that you enjoy yourself. This is not a contest of who can do what. I've always liked what Tiger Woods said about his playing strategy, he competes against the course not other players.

You are courageous because you set your own goal and achieved that goal. I would be proud if I were you.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Quote Originally Posted by shirley1 View Post
    ..break the boundaries down slowly !
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    It's all about you and your comfort zone. If you don't care what others will say, then you will get there. None of us will fault you for this.
    It's about your own boundaries really, isn't it - what you can be comfortable with? The battles we have to fight are really with our own conditioning...

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    remember baby steps
    Good advice.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Thanks ladies, I just wish I had the guts/opportunity to dress up nice once in a while. I do what I can do.

There are no fashion police to tell you what you can and can't wear so I don't think there's anything cowardly about how you dressed.
    Like the other girls said, as long as you're comfortable with yourself that's all that matters.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Banned Read only
    I don't think you're a coward either.
    Good for you!

We're all agreed.......

Hi, Kimmy, we're all agreed that your are decidedly not a coward.

I've never beenout dressed but I think I might try your approach, nothing too drastic, and see if I can build up over time.

See..You've inspired me!

coward

Coward? I think not. go with the comfort level.. next time makeup, then maybe small breast forms..eventually a blending type skirt ,,one step at a time

Your no coward! Someone mentioned it earlier in posts that there are no fashion police! I do it all the time and think nothing of it. Your not alone.
    Vivian

Kimmy. you just described my normal daily wardrobe, the only male things I wear anymore is shoes but everything I wear over my bra and panty is from the women's dept. I rarely get the opportunity to wear a dress/skirt or make up and jewelry but I don't see many other ladies at work or shopping all dolled up either.

With a 16 y/o son still at home I need to live within the confines of what I can and can't wear (not that I don't push it periodically).

I think it's just more practical and definitely nothing cowardly about it. It's all about comfort. As others have said, there is no one out there setting rules for what you can or have to wear. Going out and being comfortable is what's important.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Kimmy, to me u r rather Brave!

I used to wear ladies undies and bras under my drabs. But I wouldn't consider wearing any female attire that showed, out in public!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thank you all for the nice words ladies. Let me say first, I did not mean in any way for the title of this thread to be insulting to anyone who does the same thing. Secondly, the title meant to myself that I REALLY looked for female clothes that were androgynous enough to avoid being obvious.
    Janet, as a rule I will never in all likelihood go out with makeup on or in a dress, though I have snuck out with my forms on under some heavy clothing. My wife is supporting of me in almost everyway possible, but she wants my dressing to remain a closet affair. Due to the fact that it is not socially acceptable, and due to the fact that I am a massage therapist and could easily lose most of my clients if this gets around. Halloween is mine though! I do think that I’ll do more “stealth dressing” (thanks for the terminology Shirley) as I really enjoy the fact that whatever I’m wearing is not male. I don’t know what type of quirk I have, but even if it looks the same I like female better. This is the first time I have ever went full fem. I wear panties and hose everywhere, half the shoes I wear are average looking women’s shoes (I find that they fit me better), and I have both ears pierced. Shaved legs, chest, and pits. And I wear pink and baby blue a lot. I guess coward was to strong a word, but I won’t be going anywhere trying to pass. Or going anywhere and not caring if I pass or not. I do wish that there was a local support group.

P.S. docrobbysherry- I'm with you on underdressing. I do the same.

Me Too!

I do the same thing. I even buy the most non feminine jeans and t-shirts so I can wear them every day. I think it's a jumping off point for me. It gives me the curage to dress more feminine when I get home and to go out more en-fem.

Sara

This is a smart way to go. I started out like that. Each time i make my outfit a bit more femme. In just a few months i can now wear a skirt like it's no big thing. It's a safe all black outfit, with knee high boots and black leggings. Maybe next time i will switch the leggings with black pantyhose. Baby steps, baby steps...
    Last edited by Blixa; 03-21-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    There are a bunch of us that do that every day. I call it girly drab. For instance, I didn't wear a stitch of men's clothing today.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I can fully understand. I enjoy it when I know I can be home alone for a long time and get dressed. It is like a holiday when I get to jump in the car and drive around like that though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]