Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just started to dress, how am I doing?

You didn't do bad for a first try. But its not the look of a guy wanting to look like a girl. I have to agree with others it seems more like a costume. And i did laugh the first time i seen your pic. Have some fun with it.
    Last edited by crusadergirl; 03-29-2008 at 01:12 AM.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

I love the sparkly skirt!

I don't think the boobs are quite as big as they look at first ... I think there may be a bit of an optical illusion going on with the way your top is cut -- we'd need a profile shot to really tell what your boobs look like.

Boobs.....way over the top.
    Wig......well, not my cup of tea.
    Same for the outfit.
    If you went out like that, I would be willing to bet there where alot of stares. It's just not a good look. Sorry, just my opinion. I myself am a bit of an exhibitionist, but I do try and blend in. You do not blend in at all dressed that way. And to be honest, it kind of offends me. This type of outfit is what gives cd's a bad rap. My wife used to work at a department store and saw a few cd's shopping. The ones that blended in, were not laughed or pointed at, but the ones dressed as you were. If thet were too outlandish, they were asked to leave by security as to not offend or upset the other shoppers. Again, just an opinion and you asked.

I agreed 100%

You are right.

BOSTON Bringin the Dazzle NicoleR's Avatar
    as a GG, i believe you have the basis of a good start body wise (your own body). however, that look will definitely not blend in (and if you're nervous--will surely attract attention).

really observe GGs. that look i've only seen on women who work in clubs as go-go dancers, exotic dancers, waitstaff etc. even then, they don't dress exactly like that.

boob-wise, bigger is not always better--def. smaller w/the twins there. a better wig that's not so shiney. that looks more like a costume wig.

makeup: i had a client in a few weeks ago and many cd's think that a good makeup look needs to have colored eye shadow. unless the makeup requires it for haute couture or something costumey--the best eye shadow is done in neutral tones.

the next time you're in a store, pick up a people or star magazine. look at the celebrities like jennifer lopez, eva longoria, charlize theron. all their makeups are stunning but most are done with varied neutral tones with different degrees of intensity. some of the younger women do color (especially with a lot of 80s revival) but that does not look good on everyone--and on men--only draws attention to low eyebrow bones, thick eyebrows and low eye space.

the reason many female impersonators can get away with crazy colors--they've often had cosmetic surgery to lift their eyes, reshape the brow bone and other facial procedures to have more female facial characteristics.

keep trying! there's plenty of information on these forums to assist you.

I don't think so...

I agree that dresssing up is fun but I don't think you went out anywhere.

If you are serious about dressing and going out, then put effort into your appearance rather than beer and a caricature of our lifestyle.

Goodness gracious.

All you had to do was look at Member photo contributions and read from Lounge contributions... you would have seen the inappropriate scope of your effort.

Wake up.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by lacyinsd View Post
    I agree that dresssing up is fun but I don't think you went out anywhere.

If you are serious about dressing and going out, then put effort into your appearance rather than beer and a caricature of our lifestyle.

Goodness gracious.

All you had to do was look at Member photo contributions and read from Lounge contributions... you would have seen the inappropriate scope of your effort.

Wake up.

gee, a little harsh and judgemental..Is this called for??

I most certainly did go out AND I was trying to have fun with it..don't drag queens go over the top sometimes for a gas???

I realized it was something I was more interested in then I originally thought..

I would like to continue these adventures and sure, I won't always go "big boob" stylin'..but I will always have fun with it.......

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortlaguna View Post
    it's OK people...I can handle it

your true thoughts are welcome..I'm having a hard time finding the real me!

please help me get to the "otherside"...
    If you didn't want people to be "harsh and judgemental" then you should not have said "your true thoughts are welcome". Having done so, then people will say what they feel.

I rarely comment on pictures because for every truly stunning girl there is another "bloke in a dress" pic, but it takes courage to post pics, and there is usually some positive to take from every picture,

so now having responded to this thread I will break my own usual silence - you look really slim - so I could kill you for that!

(btw what do you have on your feet - boxing boots?)

I most certainly did go out AND I was trying to have fun with it..don't drag queens go over the top sometimes for a gas???
    Okay, so I'll repeat the questions that you ignored -- where did you go dressed like that, and what kind of reactions did you encounter?

I would like to continue these adventures and sure, I won't always go "big boob" stylin'..but I will always have fun with it.......
    Knock yourself out, but fwiw, I for one would never be caught out in public in the company of someone who looks you do in that pic.

You asked for truth and honesty and you got it.

Your no drag queen honey. I think drag queens would be insulted by your statement above if they saw your pic.

Xx Vicky xX

just stop...

You are wasting everyones time with a ridiculous question that has an obvious answer.

I stand by my original answer. You look terrible and your posting was pointless.

You invited any critique then pretend to be hurt by the truth.

Take your college prank to You Tube.

Go away...please.

Wow this is an interesting one!

I think you are actually a closet CD only your friends don't know. They think you're just a party animal who's 'good for a laugh'. (Are we all having a laugh now?) But there's a few giveaway touches that only a CD would bother with. A guy just doing a half-arsed Drag Queen look would go for the silly boobs and halloween wig so as to not be taken too seriously and out themselves. But you threw in a few other touches that were not necessary for a party costume.

I wait with interest for the follow up 'improved' photo. Because either you'll realise that you've made a big mistake and do it right or you'll disappear into the sunset.

I am torn between doubting your sincerity or your sanity for posting a photo that is obviously a piss-take.

But I still think you are a CD!

To me it looks like the pic is a conposit of many pics.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

SL, I think this is what some posters mean---

It looks like u dressed up for a comedy costume party. And the costume u chose was a "female". That is what u look like. A guy dressed up to look like a "guy pretending to look sort of like a woman". In a comedic way!

I dressed that way 20 years ago, for a Halloween party, and left my full beard on. Because dressing like a woman was supposed to be a joke! That was way before I began CDing.

If u really want to look like a hot woman, u can! But it will require more effort on your part. Please show us how you've progressed in your next pics!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    You are wasting everyones time with a ridiculous question that has an obvious answer.

I stand by my original answer. You look terrible and your posting was pointless.

You invited any critique then pretend to be hurt by the truth.

Take your college prank to You Tube.

Go away...please.

Wow you are pretty new here as well and already you are trying to show me the door, that's not very nice. I really don't need to try and convince anyone of who and what I really am. If you don't believe me thats ok, it only shows you're own insecurities.

Thanks to the girls out there that have made a positive contribution.

Breasts are to big and you need to smile if you are enjoying being female.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

you need help .to put thing togather

Wow you are pretty new here as well and already you are trying to show me the door, that's not very nice. I really don't need to try and convince anyone of who and what I really am. If you don't believe me thats ok, it only shows you're own insecurities.

I nearly wet myself when I read that.

Maybe you should not ask for opinions if you can not handle what you get.

Xx Vicky xX

Wow...getting a bit warm in this thread.

Anyway...Umm...If your having fun then I say have at it. As an over the top costume it looks great. As anything else is does not work. The wig is not right, the boobs need to be deflated just a tad, and a little work on hips would help.

you can't read...

well...it says 'new member' but if you actually learned anything in school, you would have moved your druken eyes down an inch to see that I have been a member since 2005.

You were still collecting Picachu cards and figurines then.

Sad you are wasting everyones time.

Banned Read only
    well...it says 'new member' but if you actually learned anything in school, you would have moved your druken eyes down an inch to see that I have been a member since 2005.

You were still collecting Picachu cards and figurines then.

Sad you are wasting everyones time.

hate on hater...what ever makes u feel better about yourself..

i'm confused. this is the first post i've noticed on here in which the majority of posters are openly mean and against the poster's pictures. so laguna wants some ridiculousness in his/her pictures. what happened to the accepting nature of this forum? what happened to the spirit of, " we are different from the norm and that is why we all come here and converse?" so laguna went nutso with the breasts. how is that different from one of us wearing tights, heels, skirts, etc? in the public's eye it's all crazy. we shouldn't judge as most of the world does. but, on a side note, if you want to look more feminine, laguna, tone down the boobies, or at least make them more shapely. other than that, kudos for having the balls to post that picture.

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gagirl1 View Post
    i'm confused. this is the first post i've noticed on here in which the majority of posters are openly mean and against the poster's pictures. so laguna wants some ridiculousness in his/her pictures. what happened to the accepting nature of this forum? what happened to the spirit of, " we are different from the norm and that is why we all come here and converse?" so laguna went nutso with the breasts. how is that different from one of us wearing tights, heels, skirts, etc? in the public's eye it's all crazy. we shouldn't judge as most of the world does. but, on a side note, if you want to look more feminine, laguna, tone down the boobies, or at least make them more shapely. other than that, kudos for having the balls to post that picture.

This thread has gone hostile because of the way Laguna has reacted.

This is the second post i.e the one immediately after her picture.
    it's OK people...I can handle it

your true thoughts are welcome..I'm having a hard time finding the real me!

please help me get to the "otherside"...
    She becomes very defensive in her second reply, the first to a truly honest response from Skirt_Lover to her question

I am sorry that you feel that way, but you are entitled to your own opinion. The "wool" I tried to pull over wasn't this community's but society's eyes. I am in college and I am forced to live a lie every day so I won't be outkast and can finish my education. One day a year, I can be the "true me" without the ridicules of society's standards and look who decides to judge me!

I would like to thank everyone who gave me a frank critique. I've learned a few a few tricks from you and my next photo should be better. I had to borrow these clothes and accessories from different individuals. It looks like I am set for a shopping spree: maybe brunette hair- just below my shoulders, just below the knee skirt- I was thinking pantsuit but that might be too manish, and yes- smaller boobs with a better bra.

Until the next time, I might even give it a go during spring break!
    I must agree with Lacyinds, I don't think she went out (except to a mardigra). Again Lucyinsd was being hoest and franck as requested. Laguna response was:

I realized it was something I was more interested in then I originally thought..

The answer is yes, because Laguna asked for it.

The thread deteriorates only because Laguna can not accept that she is wrong and that she is actually making a fool of herself.

Her continued responses to Lucyinds indicates her own insecurities and naivety

So Gagirl she asked for honest opinion, she got it in polite positive terms, she turned it to very negative thread. So now its about time she got a fully honest opinion

Laguna, take note, I'm not new here and if you want to dress to go out you got to do a hell of a lot better that that. Sure its ok for a fancy dress party or a money raising spectacle event. But to pass out there in the real world, not in a million years luv. You got it ALL wrong, your hair - its looks like a synthetic party wig. Your boobs well they aren't. Your clothes are way to small and pose is just not so.

Its upto you now Laguna, you started this you can finish it. Learn from it and you might shorten that million years somewhat.

Kay

Banned Read only
    well, maybe we should start over ladies..sorry if I became irritated by some of the comments..I should've known better..anyways, was hoping to turn a new leaf here. I've gone on a few more escapes and I've really enjoyed myself..I want to be able to come here for advice and I hope you don't mind helping me. Thanks to everyone that took the time to give constructive cristism. I do appericate it! Thanks..Love to all!!

P.S. I prefer to be called Shorty instead of Laguna if you don't mind..Thanks again..

Thank you!! I've always been a believer in "bigger is better"...

I'm planning on attending another event, though I am gonna tone it down a bit..

I'll post pics to see if the new and improved me works better. thanks again ladies and gents...
    Then work on your wig and make-up. Practice, practice, practice. You will get there in the end. Good luck, and well done on getting out,
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/