Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thoughts on high heels

thoughts on high heels

Does anyone remember their first time walking in high heels, and what they thought it would feel like, as opposed to what it actually did feel like? I thought the first time before I bought some, it would be so hard, and I'd have trouble walking. The reality was, at least for me, it was quite easy, and I admired the look of them on my feet.

My first heels were 4" spikes and I had a bit of trouble walking in them. Especially up and down stairs. My next pari were 4" wider heels and I have had no problems with them and love the look and feel.

Always walked good in them Always loved them and always will.
    Angie

I took to them like a duck to water. I've never had a problem walking in them.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I think i was born to walk in heels.

I love the sounds they make and the feel of them on your feet with stockings.

GGs are so lucky!!!

Banned Read only
    Never had a problem probably because I started young in mom's size 4's. She was tiny and so was I. Thank the goddess I grew up quick, but then I had to go buy my own.

Mmmmmm, snakeskin!

deja

My first were 5 inch black patent Pleaser stilettos, worn indoors. Took both deliberate practice and some reading of online resources about how to do the walk to get where I am.

Nowadays I can walk relaxed and confident, even in 5 inch heels, until pain eventually sets in...

I was a kid and they were real wobbley, OK I was wobbley. I love them now.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I remember the first time with heels. They didn't fit right and were cheap. Took a few times to get the hang of it! Now I've got some great platforms and could probably play basketball in them! Well, maybe not quite, but I'd love to try!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

i took to them straight away at 13 wearing my moms size 3's had plenty of practice so it was all so natural to me later on in life !

My first pair were 3" sandles with a wide heel. I didn't have a problem with them and have been doi ng fine ever since.

Jasmine

I was born to wear 3"high heels
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

My first heels were about an inch high. I gradually increased the height. Highest ones I have are 3".

Anthing below one and a half inches feels like regular shoes to me. I use to wobble a little at first. Now I feel comfortable in heels.

Will not buy sling backs again. Only type of shoe that does not feel comfortable on me.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Just A Girl Next Door
    I love how they look - just as I imagined - when I'm standing still.

As for walking, I took to walking in heels the way a duck takes to playing the piano.

But I got better with practice. Quack.
    Last edited by Sarahwithanh11; 03-29-2008 at 01:06 AM.

Same Here! Like I knew exactly what to do! All that watching paid off!

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Same with me, I had no problems at all walking in them. I did have my foot doing some clicking on my 3.5 inch heels

I don't ever remember having trouble; I remember them as the most comfortable and natural thing I have ever worn and still do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Living the Dream!
    Regina

Hi:
    I started to wear heels in my teens, about 2 1/2 inches at first. Like most others, I too loved the look and feel of them, and felt so wonderful to walk in. Only wish I could wear them out every day
    Jill

I love wearing heels, I have since my teens. I wore my sister's, and got addicted to them, they were really easy too even high inched ones, I don't remember sizes. I do remember saying that high heels looked easy so she made me put on a few pairs and I secretly enjoyed it.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

Careful I bite <3
    First ones I ever wore were completely the wrong size so I was off but after that I didn't have too many problems. Nowthat I have some more neutral looking boots with heels I'll be wearing them out daily more often

A bit wobly when I was 4 years old. The first pair I bought were 4 1/2" stillettos and they were sooo comfy, I wish I still had them.
    Beauty is in the smile of the beholder

I was 13 when I tryed on my first pair of 3" spike High heels. I nearly killed myself trying to walk in them until I realized that a woman walks differently and even more so in heels. So I tried to walk more like a woman, shorter steps, making sure that I came down on the ball of my foot first and not the heel and it got easier. I wore these heels for about 4 hours and at the end of that time, I started getting the hang of it. Later on, my calves started to hurt but that is because I was not used to high heels. The soreness in my calves went away the more I wore those heels. Funny, I think I wore them more than my sister ever did. LOL

Love 'em

love 'em, love 'em

I have to admit, I absolutely love high heels!

I like some of you started by wearing my mothers heels at 13 and they fit. It only took me about 15" and I had no more problems again. At 69 I still wear 4" heels with no problems.