Thread: A walk to the mailbox ...

A walk to the mailbox ...

Up until this week the only way I have ever left the comfort of my house was to take an evening drive around town (with a change of clothespacked in case of car trouble or something). But this week I was able to stir up enough courage to walk to the mailbox ... a distance of about one block through the condos I live in. What a thrill it was !! It was late enough in the evening that it was unlikely I would have to walk by another resident. At 6'2 in stockings I am taller than most girls.

When I got back to my apartment I let out such a sigh of both relief and joy .

I went out to the mailbox again the next night and it was once again such a thrill. Eventually I may build up enough courge to venture out to some place where a girl like me can relax and have fun for a few hours rather than a few minutes outside. But for now I will enjoy my trips to the mailbox

~Amanda

Congratulations Amanda, well done!! Each time will be a little easier, I bet. You'll have a well-worn path to the mailbox

Are there any places in your area for special girls to socialize together?

The first time is tha hardest-way to go!!!!!!!!

girl about town

A walk

Congrats, Amanda!
    Feels great, just to be out and about.
    Love it.
    Next thing you know, you'll be going to the market
    Or to the park, to enjoy a bit of lunch!
    Don't worry too much about being a tall girl.
    I see tall GG's every day!
    Last edited by Christine Kelly; 03-28-2008 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tracigirl_tv View Post
    Congratulations Amanda, well done!! Each time will be a little easier, I bet. You'll have a well-worn path to the mailbox

Are there any places in your area for special girls to socialize together?
    Thanks Traci,

I don't know about places to go but it will be a little while before I'd be ready try that.

~Amanda

I admire your courage Amanda! I still haven't gone that far.

That's great Amanda, you do look great too, just be careful about going out at night as a female. I too have had a recent out and about, I went to the local 7-11 for lotto tickets during the day!!!! I to am 6'2". There are many more tall GGs these days than there were just a few years ago so don't let that stop you.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Congradulations Amanda. I remember the mailbox walk well. That's how I first ventured out way back in the 70's.

Congrats, Amanda. Sooner or later, trips to Wally World will be an every day happening for you!

Way to go Amanda!!! Keep it up, Sweetie!!!

Congratulations Amanda!! What is it with us C/Ders amd mailboxes? [I do the same walk]
    Tonight mailboxes...Tomorrow the world!!

Amanda, I don't have a car, but your freedom to walk around is blessed compared to us none car drivers.

When I go out, I don't give care who sees me. But it's straight out the door.

I'd be blessed to have man clothes on, then get in my car, and drive to a non populated area and dress. Then get out the car. The car is brill. I am so jealous.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 03-30-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: use edit button

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Robinson View Post
    Thanks Traci,

I don't know about places to go but it will be a little while before I'd be ready try that.

~Amanda
    Hello Amanda!
    I don't know where in Arizona you live, but if it is around Phoenix I have a great excursion for you. Go to Cruzin 7th Street. It is a transgendered bar that on Saturday and Friday nights has lots of us dressed gals there. You will be completely accepted, bought drinks, enjoy a TG show and feel very good about yourself.
    Charlie
    Charlie

Congratualtions Amanda, you go girl. I remember the first few time that I went out and like you it statred with a walk to the mailbox, it is such a thrill! This is how it all started for me. It just gets easier from here.

Donna

Brill Amanda, well done - hope you've got enough stamps! But as with earlier emails try to find a friendly place where you can change and spend the night dressed with like-minded people. It can become a playground for you to practice before going out in the big wide world.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

You go girl keep up the good work and you will get there hun.
    Angie

Awesome Amanda! Every girl needs to start somewhere, this is a great way to build up your confidence

Woo-Hoo! Congratulations! I know it's hard to "be yourself" in public. I've walked down the street late at night in drag, but nothing I've done so far compares to what I did last week.......

I decided to go get a drink from the store, I was COMPLETELY dressed up with make-up, and walked right in. Of course, nothing went smoothly. He had to open the cooler, so he was walking and talking to me. Then I dropped my keys, so he got to see my toe rings, anklette and painted toes because I was wearing capri pants. Then there was people walking in as I approached the counter. Everything went fine, I even had a guy whistle at me as I left.

WOW! What a feeling that was. Now I do it every other day just for kicks. My next mission is to go into the local bar that is friendly to our kind in full drag with nothing to hide under (I usually have my clothes on under my man clothes.)

Congrats.........but just remember....eventually, you WILL get caught. Just think of whether or not you will be able to live with that. Sometimes, neighbors can't. There was a girl that used to post here and her neighbors new and kind of made it rough for her, so even though it's fun and exciting, it could turn bad.

Up until this week the only way I have ever left the comfort of my house was to take an evening drive around town (with a change of clothespacked in case of car trouble or something). But this week I was able to stir up enough courage to walk to the mailbox ... a distance of about one block through the condos I live in. What a thrill it was !! It was late enough in the evening that it was unlikely I would have to walk by another resident. At 6'2 in stockings I am taller than most girls.

I went out to the mailbox again the next night and it was once again such a thrill. Eventually I may build up enough courge to venture out to some place where a girl like me can relax and have fun for a few hours rather than a few minutes outside. But for now I will enjoy my trips to the mailbox

~Amanda
    Lucky you girl. I wish i could go out some time.

Congrads......The first time out is the hardest. Now that you have been out twice, it's not so bad. Dress and Drive is fun too. I first went out in 2005 and among the public in 2006. Since then I have gone shopping, eating, movies, and etc with no problem.

Take your time and go at your own pace. That way you will build your conference level easier.

Silver Member
    Congratulations Amanda, I too do the walk to the maibox. I live in a rural setting so there is little risk involved. I wait until it is dark out and walk out to the mailbox about 100 feet away. Mt neighbors are close enough to see me but don't know if they have or not. No one has ever said anything to me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    Congrats.........but just remember....eventually, you WILL get caught. Just think of whether or not you will be able to live with that. Sometimes, neighbors can't. There was a girl that used to post here and her neighbors new and kind of made it rough for her, so even though it's fun and exciting, it could turn bad.
    I do not think of it as being caught, but being seen. And what do you tink will happen? The sky fall on your head. Naaa! After a while, when several people have seen you, and probably discussed the viewing, they will say 'so what! He is still a nice person, no matter what he wears.'

I speak from experience. That is what happened at my condo complex. Never a bad word. People even stop and talk to me when I wear a dress or skirt. Just have faith that you will be accepted, and good luck.

~Amanda
    I know the feeling perfectly.

Congrats sweetie, each time is a lift. The first time I ventured out was on Halloween (to blend in with the others) but I was i HollyWood and it really didn't matter at all.

Try that some time and feel comfortable in knowing that if anybody says anything its a costume

So you can get practice being out as femme as you like

Amanda, good for you girl, you've started with baby steps and it will only get better from here. Before you know it, you'll be going out shopping and clubbing en femme. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land