Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did'nt see this one comming...

Did'nt see this one comming...

At my parents house today visiting sharing pics of our trip to Dland this week. I get up and look at there new TV come back to the living room to hear my mom talking with the daughter about a man turned woman living in the neighborhood. She talked about him shaving his legs, wearing hose, and even fake nails......

My kid knows I shave my legs, even thinks its hip. She just looked at me, then grandma and said "well its his life".

Good kido!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Aspiring Member
    does she see you in any other dress? (so to speak) is this all she see's of your behavior? my granddaughter has seen me in my night-gowns since she can remember. its not unatural for her. ive shown pics. of famous men who wore night- gowns(shirts).im not so comfortable with the hats...

No, my Daughter has no Idea i'm a CD.

SandyR

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    No, my Daughter has no Idea i'm a CD.
    SandyR
    Are you sure . like 100% sure ... hmm ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I purposely dont let my daughter know that I dress....that isnt something that she needs to know at this time....she is still young and I wouldnt want to cloud the way she thinks about me...I am a single parent and dont need any more complications to everything.

Pretty sure she has no idea, but I know she loves me, unconditionally, and so do I.

SandyR

I take it your parent's views were a little less sympathetic...or was it just something new to gossip about?

Kids are amazing and amusing. The other week my 4 year old and I went swimming and we had to shower down before going in the pool. She saw me from behind (my hair is a bit longish) with wet hair and yells out 'daddy daddy you look like a girl! and starts laughing.' I just had to laugh too!... I just said out loud 'very funny!'.

Tonight we were looking at DVD to rentout and she saw sorority boys on the shelf and she said out loud...'daddy look, that's a boy wearing a Girl's dress!...giggle giggle'.

She doesn't know about my CDing, except from halloween, but I'm surprised how funny she thinks it is and how much kids her age worry about gender, but guess it is important to know how to identify rough and tumble boys as a defense mechanism.

My daughter is 16 and she has had enough emotional upsets in the past five years (mom passed away 3 years ago),my layoffs from work.
    So I chose never to upset her with me .

Sandy I wonder to if the daughter knows or has an idea.

Hi ladies, i'm new to this forum so hi from Western Australia, Sandy, Children are very perceptive to the subtle changes in their parents, I have 2 wonderful boys 10 & 12, I have told the boys what is happening to dad, mum was not happy at all and nearly cost me my marriage. whether it is right or wrong, I believe that children need to know as soon as possible when they can understand.

At my boys age they are not yet exposed to the narrow minded ways of the world they have no pre conceived conceptions and are more likely to enjoy growing up with their parents knowing the truth. The only exception to this is now they alos know my secret and have put them in the situation of trying to keep my secret from the general populous.

You know your child better than anyone else.

Hugs

Stefanie

I have sixteen year old twin girls and a 19 yo girl. I have told them last year but regret telling the twins. The 19 yo is fine with it and thinks it cool but the twins emotionally can't handle it. On the plus side it is in the open but my recommendation is to wait until they are 18.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

The 19 yo is fine with it and thinks it cool but the twins emotionally can't handle it. On the plus side it is in the open but my recommendation is to wait until they are 18.[/QUOTE]

My oldest daughter saw me dressed, in our back yard, when she was aboutt 16, but I did not know that until she was about 27. Both of my daughters now know, and do not approve, but DEARLY love me, and do not let that ruin our relationship. I think if you are in tight with your children, they will see this as a fetish that does not concern them, and will continue to love you.

I so did not expect this kind of responses. So cool to see and hear from you all's experiences.

But for this girl there are no plans to tell the kido, or the family.

Hugs all!

SandyR

Well, kids are quite perceptive about making subtle connections from different information. I'd bet the thought went through her head when the discussion happened. But, that's OK too. You don't have to tell her anything if you don't think it's a good idea. Just be prepared to answer the question if she decides to be curious and ask you about it. Kids can sneak up on you like that sometimes.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile Sarah Burst

That's some breasts you heave. Impressive! beth ann

Sandy,
    That is a true statement and extremely nice of your daughter. It is rough at times but I do wonder what my parents would have thought. It probably wouldn't have been good though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MJ and I thought the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Are you sure . like 100% sure ... hmm ?
    Like MJ said, are you SURE? Trust me on this, those little critters are smarter than you think they are!

Former Member
    Kids are very perceptive. You never know what goes on in their minds.

A couple of years ago my family went to my inlaws for the weekend. They do this fairly often. They always come home at around 7:00 or 8:00 in the evening on Sunday. I usually take the opportunity to have a little fun! Well, this particular time they came home at noon. There I was, sitting watching TV fully dressed. I never heard them until the door opened and they walked in on me. My wife never called to tell me they were going to be home early. Of course I forgot to tell her that I would be dressing all weekend (She does know, and is supportive). My kids were pre-teens at the time. They both accepted it well, so everything did work out okay. My wife was kind of mad at me. We had agreed that we would keep my "hobby" secret from the kids and I blew that. Now my daughter even gives me fashion advice.

Oh, I can SOO relate to that! So many times I was almost caught in the act! I was lucky though, I always managed to make it to the bedroom before they got inside the house.

BTW Samantha, can I have your boots? :-)
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It always seems to happen

Sandy

Isn't it funny how mothers/mother-in-laws ALWAYS seem to have an opinion about ANYTHING. Your daughter had a great response. Just do not be surprised if your daughter asks you a question about or two about crossdressing.
    Samantha

A girl who loves pantyhose.

Well I think your little girl is cool hun.
    Angie

Good thoughts...

Yes, I agree kids are very in tune with us parents. You never know what tomorrow will bring, but I appreciate all the advice, heads up, and experience you girls bring.

Thank you!

Sandy

It is funny that comments can be made quite innocently that really hit the mark. I started at a new job 2 years ago and on the first day I had two comments about crossdressing. Sorry I should say that I had just been excommunicated after coming out to my boss and was slightly nervous at re-entering a normal workplace. Anyway, the first comment was "xxxxx is a crossdresser, he can work both side of the fence for us" . The sales guy that said this actually meant "xxxxx is a sales person as well as a software implementer.

It would have only been a few hours later when the boss came into the main office and said that the testosterone mix was too high and is anyone wanted to wear a dress they could. I was so tempted to put my hand up, but needed some peace at home so kept it down.

Actually my kids spotted my "stash" before I even knew I had one, let alone neeed one. Guess they are more tuned into some things, or is that more nosey about the house when we are at work.

Kerry

Brilliant.... Fantastic answer... the kid is growing up right..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    yes i think i will wait as well to tell my kids.