Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I unusual in not liking the '****' look?

Am I unusual in not liking the '****' look?

99.9% of tranvestites I've personally known love to dress as schoolgirls, or in micro mini skirts, 66DD false boobs, 4 inch long eye lashes, etc.

That's not my idea of cross dressing. I like to look like a smart middle aged woman, with nicely cut calf lenth skirts, court shoes, blouse, cardy, etc.

Sometimes I wear my 4 inch high heels but the clothes remain the same.

no not at all, if you happen to have seen any of my pictures I happen to post here you will see a very simple and natural looking young lady, vey nice and very classy, not inot the ****ty look at all.

Hi Ladies, I think that those of us that would like to pass in this world will do it with poise grace and dignety...lol there are those that all that they want to do is say "LOOK At Me" and therefor will dress in that manner that they see fit, sure its n ice to just lash out every once and a while but I think I would still be on the conservative side.

I sometimes get a laugh out of some of the outfits and secretly would just once realy over do it so that I could say to my self " Stef you stupid bitch what have you done to yourself "....

Stay safe

Stefanie

You are certainly not the only crossdresser to have that sort of preference.

Actually on this site it seems that the majority tend to dress like women their age and body features would do. I have not really done statistics, this is just the impression I have while looking at the picture galery.

Like any women, some dress more sexy than others, some tend to be more conservative.

Eugenie

I agree with Eugene!

I dress to fit in with what is around me, but I like classy.

Sometimes I dress to catch the eye, or overdo it on purpose for a particular reason, but my main effort is to look nice, and fit in.

Regards

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950sclothes;
    That's not my idea of cross dressing. I like to look like a smart middle aged woman, with nicely cut calf lenth skirts, court shoes, blouse, cardy, etc.
    That describes me I like to think. But I must get a cardy for this winter

Edwina

Quote Originally Posted by Andine View Post
    I dress to fit in with what is around me, but I like classy.

Sometimes I dress to catch the eye, or overdo it on purpose for a particular reason, but my main effort is to look nice, and fit in.

Regards
    That is the same for me I'm a Lady. There are sometimes I dress to the nines and a litle bit more.

I think some of those guys who dress like the Rocky Horror show are partly using their clothes as a party joke. Not all, but some. Thanks for your replies.

No, your not alone. I think a lot of us are turned-off by that look. Personally, I find it offensive. But, I haven't been appointed to The Fashion Police and I can't tell someone else what to do.

The other side of the coin is how a lot of my people in Tri-Ess are perceived. I have often heard us called: "The Old Ladies Club" by outsiders. I know it's not true but sometimes it seems like you can't please anybody!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Joanie, I have heard the same sort of comments in our chameleons club here in the west, I think it might be more of a case that we the more mature ones may scare off the younglings who are looking for guidance and becauswe the majoirity are in our forties therefore over the hill and don't know how to have a good time and their way of letting out so as to speak is by dressing this way...

Just a thought.

stay safe

Stefanie

It depends on my mood, many times I prefer my skirts to be knee length, and my tops to cover, but then there's the nights where I'll put on the short, pleated, plaid skirt with the knee boots, or even the pink and blue halter dress with a short square skirt hem I made explicitly to go clubbing in, and have to wear spankies with so I don't give the room a show.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

I dress for me, conservative and a little stylish. Never to attract, heaven forbid.

Ummm......

I see the attraction of the "****ty" look. Women who dress ****ty are kind of advertising an aura of a very sexual nature. That is to say, ladies of the evening dress that way to advertise sex. Lingerie can be very attractive and tasteful, and yet a little ****ty at the same time. But crossdressing often, if not always, begins with sexual overtones, and often stays that way. Many men have sexual fantasies that involve women dressed that way. It's no surprise that lots of crossdressers include some ****ty, lacivious clothing in their wardrobes.

Me? I'm a good girl. Just look at my pics. err....., I mean

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950sclothes View Post
    99.9% of tranvestites I've personally known love to dress as schoolgirls, or in micro mini skirts, 66DD false boobs, 4 inch long eye lashes, etc.

Your not alone, the fetish look obsession gets really old and really does reinforce lots of sterotypes with the general public. Feminine and sexy does not mean dressing like a prostitute.

I hardly ever wear court shoes, I have a pair though

Errrrr I dunno..I wear clothes that suit my personality....and the times...I see alot here that could probably go out in public..yet their fashion sense is sooo 40 or 50 yrs ago ...and they would most likely get stared at for that reason only !!!!

Ditto for me also/ just want to look like one of the girls-- STELLI

You can never please all of the people all the time

I know a few girls will have there ****ty side which will most likely be reserved for indoors

I respect the choice of those who go out like that even if i dont like it
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Nope, you are not alone. Sheesh, I only this last month started wearing skirts that are just above the knee once in a while. If your bored, check out my flickr page
    To be perfectly honest though, I would have to admit that if I were in my 20's and skinny, I would probably do more exciting outfits that I typically do now.

I too wear clothes that suit my personality. i enjoy just feeling great and comfy . but i can't do the ****ty look .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Choice!!

Choice!! Theres a good word!!
    From an early age we get told we can,t dress as girls because it,s wrong...We don,t have that choice!!
    As we get older we get told that only women are aloud to dress in lingerie...We don,t have that choice!!
    We get told and are brought up to believe that dressing in anything feminine is wrong...We were born male so we don,t get the choice!!
    Are we now being told that having accepted our "femme" side we can only dress in a certain style?....Still no choice??

Personnaly i believe that we should be able to dress in any way that makes us happy!!!

Just my
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 03-29-2008 at 12:36 PM.

But isn't it a personal preference what people choose to wear?

Heck, I guess that a majority of men wouldn't choose to wear dresses, heels etc but does that make them wrong & us right?

I don't dress like that because I don't want to - plus I don't have the figure & am too hairy but I could never criticize anyone for what they choose to wear.

I wish my wife would dress more provocatively every now & then though
    Hugs,

Christi

A Matter Of Degree ?

One mans's **** might be another mans "queen". I imagine that many people have found themselves looking at a "****" picture talking out of both sides..."Look at the tramp" and "Boy, would I like an hour with THAT !"
    I wonder if trampy and ****ty are the same things ? I am not trying to start a war, but, personally, I am uncomfortable when I see body parts hanging out in the grocery store. Ill fitting Daisy Dukes, for example. I am not easily shocked. I am sure there are individuals who take offense at what I say. "But Stargirl it's her right to have her stuff showing. Little kids can just look the other way, after all, who are YOU ? the fashion police ? Who appointed YOU GOD if her hair is like a rats nest and her nipples are showing little at the top. So what, Stargirl. ? What have you got against free expression ?"

Is **** the same as a loose woman ? A woman in a ball gown can be a **** under that banner. This is interesting....****....maybe a woman who adds another layer of make up every hour ? Tells little dogs to "go to hell ?" I don't know what a **** is..and there would have to be a male **** definition. I am calling Sherlock Holmes. This is getting serious. hee hee
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

Am I unussual in not dressing ****y?

I too like to dress conservatively so as to show as much respect for the female form as I can get away with. I do like my sexy nighties though and like to play the little **** in bed whenever the chance presents itself.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Variety, my dears, is the spice of life.[/SIZE]

I have my own Dr. Frankenfurter outfit, and love it !! Last year I won a LCD computer monitor at a costume party with that outfit ;-)

I think the way you dress should reflect both who you "are" (or want to be), as well as you mood. Of course it should also be appropriate the event you are going to. Be that a club or a dinner party or shopping. Once you have those bases covered you're golden.

C

Smile

If I were to dress like a ****, I'd prefer to dress like a "normal" ****, you know? I want to pass as a normal teenaged female ****.