Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I unusual in not liking the '****' look?

Banned Read only
    There's not a fight here, girls. We each dress the way we like to. And each occasion to dress brings it's own set of opportunities.

If your goal is to fit in, then your wardrobe choice will be one way.

If your goal is to stand out, the choice will be different.

I wish I had a closet big enought to accomodate all the clothes I'd want to dress in.

You'd see every style in that closet that's represented in the photo threads.

Well,except for that vinyl thing with all the straps...

No wait, that would be there, too, but in red!

Mmmmmm! red!

The reason why I don't do the '****' look is because I am trying to create the woman that I find attractive or smart. I don't like women who flash their bits.I know she's an older woman, but I adore Angela Lansbury's dress sense in MURDER SHE WROTE. I try to catch every re-run when I can.

But I've always been like that. It isn't an age thing for me. I was dressing like a 'mum' when I was 20.

Below knee skirts, heels, blouse. My dress sense has never changed ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 1950sclothes View Post
    The reason why I don't do the '****' look is because I am trying to create the woman that I find attractive or smart. I don't like women who flash their bits.I know she's an older woman, but I adore Angela Lansbury's dress sense in MURDER SHE WROTE. I try to catch every re-run when I can.

But I've always been like that. It isn't an age thing for me. I was dressing like a 'mum' when I was 20.

Below knee skirts, heels, blouse. My dress sense has never changed ever.
    And that is your choice...I respect that
    I think everyone should have the choice to dress as they please.

You're definitely not alone though your %age seems high.

Many TVs have a sexual angle to their dressing and perhaps the "****" or younger looks are part of this, I'm not sure.

I'm 46 (for a few months more anyway) and I guess I try to dress attractively though, if I'm honest, maybe a year or two younger than my age.

I guess it's each to their own, the ****ty look isn't any worse than French Maids or little girls dressing- life would be boring if we were all the same
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Quote Originally Posted by 1950sclothes View Post
    99.9% of tranvestites I've personally known love to dress as schoolgirls, or in micro mini skirts, 66DD false boobs, 4 inch long eye lashes, etc.

That's not my idea of cross dressing. I like to look like a smart middle aged woman, with nicely cut calf lenth skirts, court shoes, blouse, cardy, etc.

Sometimes I wear my 4 inch high heels but the clothes remain the same.
    I think you have to fit the clothes to your personal goal. And, since we were not GG from the beginning, we have a lot of different looks to try on, in a short period of time!

It is understandable that CDs want to dress like school girls, cheerleaders, or French maids. They've been frustrated all their lives not being able to be any one of these things. Watching young genetic girls go to Halloween parties as princesses and they're stuck wearing a stupid cowboy outfit (...not that I would know what that's like).

Personally there is a fine line between a sexy look and a ****ty look. There's a fine line between looking like an everyday girl and looking like a dowdy lady that lives with her cats. Are any one of those looks bad? If you want to look like you live with 80 cats by all means, that's freedom of expression baby, yeah (Why do I always fall into this Austin Powers thing?).

We should be accepting of all kinds of clothing expressions. For me, at 6'4" I have a hard time passing. I have worn stuff that makes me look like a soccer mom, and other things that make me look like I should be twisting around a poll somewhere. But it's going to be with pictures and in the comfort of my own home.

And honestly 99.9%, really, you got stats on this?

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I agree with a lot of the girls.
    When I go out, I dress classy and contemporary, yet sexy, because I want to make a good impression to the public not just for me, but for all crossdresers.
    If we could show a more positive image by presenting and conducting ourselves appropriately, then that would help make ourselves more accepted.

I like to be ****ty very now and then, but do it where I think it's appropriate, such as, at the comforts of home, or clubbing, or during Halloween.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I have been dressing since I was 15 and I'm 63 now. When I first wore my sister's dress at age 15, I picked one that was dressy but classy as well. I have always liked very feminine but not outlandish. I have my mini skirts which I wear at home, but when I'm out and about, I dress age apropriately.
    I wouldn't say I'm a conservative dresser, I just want to blend in with the crowd. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I'm like a lot of other girls here. I like the middle aged classy or business look. Don't get me wrong, I do like the ****ty stuff, but that is strictly for my eyes only, behind closed doors. Nice skirts and blouses are the staple of my wardrobe.

I think, as others have said, that many of us CDers have a lot of catching up to do. GGs got all those provocative looks and wayout fashions out of their systems in their teens, then settled down, relatively, to a fairly mature and restrained look (well, most did).
    Personally I don't do sexy, provocative dressing because at my present stage of life I don't want to project that image (maybe it would take a lot of work too, with what I've got to start with).
    My femme persona is middle aged and respectable.
    I sometimes wish I'd been a teenage girl, but I wasn't, so I don't feel like trying to recapture what never was.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

conservative look

Yes, I have always dressed in a conservative, upper-middle-class, middle-aged ladylike look circa 1983 since I first started dressing aged 13. It's just a look that I have always favored, some kind of psychological imprint maybe ? Who knows.

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    I know a few girls will have there ****ty side which will most likely be reserved for indoors
    This says it for me. Mostly though i prefer to look like the everyday woman.

But as said before to each their own. If it works for you wear it.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

No way. As many of us do I like to present appropriately. As a natural female the best that I can. I Prefer the styles worn by women, oh I'd say in their 20's and 30's.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    That's what so fun about this, from mild to wild!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

My male wardrobe is pretty drab. Two suits, jeans, polo shirts, sweaters, etc.

However, my female clothes have much more class. I respect all opinions here but I try to never dress down when I dress!!

Thanks so much for your replies. I can't respond to the all. Brill reading them.

I basically dress in what I find attractive,and I am attracted to the bad gyrl type,,and that is generally very provocative !! LOL ,, good gyrls go to heaven,,bad gyrls go everywhere !! but like it has been said here ,,,to each thier own !!!

Dress the way you want

I don't dress as a **** but i don't like the old lady look. The young girl look is more my style. If thats ****ty thats fine by me.
    I believe you have the right to dress how you want, i'm not the type of person to go by rules made by others.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I, too, dress conservatively.. In most cases when I see a girl dressed "****ty", it is a total turn off. Its great that they have the parts to be able to dress that way, but its just not something I care for.
    Drumming, My other hobby

I prefer a classier look, like Barbara Bain in the old Mission Impossible series. Maybe it's just my age.

I want to be able to pass as a female not to look like a guy in a dress.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

When I do get the chance to dress with more than panties, stockings, etc, my favorite is a silkie blouse and business suite with a fitted skirt that comes to just above my knees. A pair of 4" pumps on my stocking covered feet. Underneath it all, a matching bra, garter belt and panties, covered by a
    half slip or full slip.
    Some day I might just get the nerve to go out dressed like that!

Re The **** Look....

This says it all!!! LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I like my short skirts and dresses and high heel I don't go overboard I like a sexy look but not the ****ty look I keep my breast at an B or C cup. and when I do makeup it's just some mascara, eyeshadow and lipstick. I want to look like a girl not a Clown. Now I not knocking them that like that look It's just that I don't.
    Angie

crossdressing = multiple things

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Choice!! Theres a good word!!
    From an early age we get told we can,t dress as girls because it,s wrong...We don,t have that choice!!
    As we get older we get told that only women are aloud to dress in lingerie...We don,t have that choice!!
    We get told and are brought up to believe that dressing in anything feminine is wrong...We were born male so we don,t get the choice!!
    Are we now being told that having accepted our "femme" side we can only dress in a certain style?....Still no choice??

Personnaly i believe that we should be able to dress in any way that makes us happy!!!

Just my
    i totally agree, choice is what it is all about. i think alot of the girls here dress to pass or look like a real women, which is great. then there are those of us who do this as more of a fetish. i have everything from the short mini's and maids outfits with 6 inch heels to "office" attire with 3 inch heels and it depends on the mood as to what i wear...or am told to wear

hopefully people respect this side of crossdressing as well.

panty.......

Former Member
    I find as I grow older, I'm in my mid 40's now, that the ****ty look isn't as appealing to me. When I was in my early 20's and living alone, I didn't own anything except mini shirts and 5" heels. I don't go out of the house, so I can dress however I want, since it is for my eyes only. I still do get the mini skirts out occasionally. That is fun, but now I much prefer the professional or casual look.

Each of us has a personal look we want to achieve. None of them are right or wrong. We are all individuals.

I don't think that's unusual at all. For example today I'm wearing a new sweater that's a little low cut, but certainly not ****ty, a pair of hip hugger bell bottoms, light makeup with medium pink lipstick and a pair of fuzzy slippers. If you saw you me, you'd say that I look like the girl next door. I'm not saying that occasionally I don't like to dress up like the "bad girl", but for me that's the exception more than the rule.

Donna