Thread: How things are for myself right now

How things are for myself right now

I just came out of about three weeks of strictly enjoying my guy side. The purpose of this experiment was to see what my comfort level was with doing that. I've never had a problem with the femme feelings but since I have integrated the feelings under one umbrella, I wanted to give it a good test by letting the body hair grow, wearing a mustache and all just to see how solid the foundation of Salandra really was. This is how I appeared when Melissa came for her visit. I really felt no different as to the effect that I didn't turn into some kind of macho idiot and was simply myself, albeit from a little different perspective.

The main difference was that I was being Rich totally on my own terms and in my own way and my basic self did not change one iota, mostly because I had come to the point where I was never again going to compromise who I was based on what I look like. To give it a real good test, I finally shaved last week and did the whole nine yards with clothing, makeup, wig, etc. When I did this there was absloutely no "buzz" or euphoria, in fact everything felt completely natural and normal. What this tells me is that I am fully capable of fulfilling either role and it is all 100% me and I am comfortable either way. So, now that I feel this way, what do I do with that?

I had discussed with Melissa the possibility of performing but maybe with a slight twist. Up at the club the other night I asked a friend who is a DQ just how he felt when he was performing. He told me he just felt like he was performing a part and creating a character and quite frankly, most of these guys just can't wait to get out of the "stuff' when the show is over. For most of us it's different as we are expressing part of who we are when we are dressed and the feelings kind of enrobe and encompass us when we are presenting en femme, much more than simply playing a part.

Now that I have these abilities and feeling the way I do what I may attempt is to further debunk stereotypes by having fun at the same time. Whether we believe it or acknowledge it or not, even within this community many of us wittingly or unwittingly perpetuate steroetypes sometimes in a lot of ways. It seems to me that true acceptance for ourselves and others being who they are will only come about by being totally free to be ourselves, whoever those "selves" may happen to be and attempting to set "standards" one way or the other will always be counter productive to an extent, no matter how the pie is cut. True acceptance by definition has to be on an individual level and my message is and always has been to be true to ourselves, no matter what we choose to do.

Anyway, the possibilites are endless and are only limited by our own imagination and I have a lot of different ideas. One thing I may do is work on my cross crossdressing as Eric again. I become Ericka, then tone it down (which ain't easy, believe me ). I did it a few times to the reaction of gaping mouths and comments like: "What do you want to do that for?" My answer was something like: "This is Ericka, this is Ericka in drab. Any questions?" Fun is fun if you know what I mean, not to mention earning the right to be yourself and I've always been kind of a "gender outlaw" anyway.We'll see how things go. Always an adventure in any case.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 03-30-2008 at 11:29 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This is an interesting post and idea! I can relate to a lot of what you say, although, I don't want to grow a mustache again.
    I'm currently living in that "in-between" mode and it suits me pretty well at this point in time. When I want to move out of the middle for a while, it's always toward the "femme" side. I guess I've never had any desire to be on the masculine side of life. As far as performing "en femme", hell, I've always wanted to be a female musician, so that's not a new thought for me!
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sal I know what you mean. I only get to be Mona every now and then and exist most of the time in drab so don't feel the need to return to that but I have gained much insight being Mona and try to carry that over to my male side and find I feel more comfortable, sure and complete as a result. Thanks for the thoughtful post. I'm dizzy now, gonna go...

Sal, very interesting and well stated post. I do fully agree with you. I go on the no femme at all for weeks also, and have the same feelings when returning as you do. I feel that I finally have some kind of balance in my life, and finally understand myself. If only this were a world with more tolerance and understanding it would be a much better place for us all.

My next move

Well, ever since my experiment with enjoying my guy side for awhile, I've tried, I really have to go back en femme, the third attempt being today. I went all out each time but the old feelings really are not there and I just can't seem to get into it. It all just seems so natural with no tinge of excitement, like putting on a pair of socks and not male or female per se, just a person putting on one set of clothes or another. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I feel the best I've ever felt and like I'm truely myself for the first time in my life. Not nesessarily a bad thing in itself, just different.

I think when I got to the balance pinnacle, the energies shifted a bit and now things are more concentrated on becoming a whole person than different aspects of myself. I'm not quite sure what this means but it's all good really. I mean, what do you do for an encore when you've pretty much done it all? I am seriously considering the performing aspect. In any case, I do feel pretty fulfilled as a person and really am glad I had all of the en femme experiences I did. I just have to clean up a few things with respect to some of my guy attributes and feelings to complete my journey.

The prize is the fact that I can be anyone I want to be without hesitation or shame and when I do anything, whether it may be working or dressing, I do my best and do it well. I think I may take Roberta's suggestion and just enjoy cronehood for awhile and see how it goes. Rest assured that whether I'm personally dressing or not, it gives me great pleasure associating with all of my friends here and will do what I can to assist in your journies of self expression and understanding the associated feelings. I am commited to this and this is what part of my being Salandra is all about.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

thank you for your wonderfull posts-i like to get a little deeper myself.
    having worked my way away from a compulsive behaviour by accepting and living life to the fullest(been there-done that-or the old faust thing loving the devil to death)there is now a void with leaves me with a kind of sadness and nostalgia for the old exitement.
    but gaining wisdom obligates one to pass it along for it to stay alive so beeing there for others either here or performing will further clarify our souls.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    ........ I mean, what do you do for an encore when you've pretty much done it all?............ it gives me great pleasure associating with all of my friends here and will do what I can to assist in your journies of self expression and understanding the associated feelings. I am commited to this and this is what part of my being Salandra is all about.
    Yes.

Salandra