Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers in a Lesbian Bar...

If they are true lesbians they want nothing to do with men on a sexual basis,learned this the hard way

Lingering Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Beth View Post
    It has been many many years since I've ventured into gay or lesbian bars. My observations were this:

Gay bars....Men are there to find men, I stuck out like a sore thumb all dolled up as if I was going to a wedding and no one paid any attention to me.

Lesbian bars.... Women are there because they don't want to hang out with men and very few dress in a feminine way. I stuck out like a sore thumb all dolled up as if I was going to a wedding and no one paid any attention to me.
    Well, if you venture into a "straight" bar while being "all dolled up as if ... going to a wedding", you will still look out of place. This has nothing to do with orientation, and everything to do with how women dress for different types of events and places.

I know of plenty of queer women who are femmes, and who routinely go to dyke bars looking very feminine. I also know of places where queer women who look very feminine don't look out of place at all. Dressed in a sexy, provocative outfit? Absolutely. Dressed like they were going to a heteronormative wedding? Not so much.

As to the original post, I don't see much future for a male-bodied crossdresser trying to hook up with lesbians in a gay/lesbian bar. It's not going to be a common result.

Smile Want to try it

I have never been out dressed up. But I think a lesbian bar would be safe. My wife loves for me to dress up so I'm not looking for a mate and she will go with me. I just want somewhere to go to meet people and have some fun.

I was really inspired by some of the replys here.

Just be myself! NOT a Label!!!

When I'm doing the bar thing, I like to go to lesbian bars myself, but then my intent is not to find someone. I feel comfortable there, like I don't have to be on my guard all the time, and I don't have to spend my entire evening trying to politely tell men I am not interested. Funny, men seem to ignore the wedding ring I very prominently display - women either do not, or don't find me at all attractive, because while I have been playfully flirted with once or twice, I've never been seriously hit on by a woman in a lesbian bar.
    I'm sure there are exceptions, but as a general rule I wouldn't be looking for love there. I have had a lot of conversations with ladies there and I have been told a few times that they find it annoying when CD's try to pick them up. I'm just sharing what I was told, it is not my opinion, so don't shoot at the messenger! :-)

i have to agree w txkimberly on this one lesbians dont like to be hit on at the bars by cd but i do go there some times w lesbian friends and again yes guys dont notice the ring but lesbians do give me good comments on how i look

This is like the guy who thinks "what they need is a REAL MAN to turn 'em around" - most women in a lesbian bar aren't going to be interested, & if you hit on them you're an ignorant jerk. There MIGHT be a bisexual woman there who MIGHT be interested, but the odds of that are very unlikely. Don't go to one thinking you'll find a woman interested.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Bilinda the housekeeper! Bilinda's Avatar
    I feel qualified to answer this, since I live with two lesbians. As has been mentioned, lesbians are called that because they are,,,,,lesbians! They only want a female, just as a straight male wants only a female, not a guy in a dress.

Lesbians don't mind at all if you go crossdressed to a lesbian bar, at least most don't. But the line is crossed when you try to come on to them. That's when your going to get your face slapped or worst. If you want to go out as a CD and have fun, great. But don't expect to pick up a real lesbian, is not going to happen.
    Don't put lipstick on dry lips unless you want it to stay on for 3 days!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Some bars are known to be lesbian. Would it work out if a crossdresser went there to get a girlfriend or accepting wife? ?
    Just my , but surely the fact that they are lesbians means they aren,t going to be attracted to men, no matter what clothing is worn!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Lesbians liking crossdressers ? ... maybe for friends, but not for partners??? ... I very much I doubt it.

All the lesbians I have ever known including two that are currently in my life as friends, have never been interested. Why would they? Lesbians like women ... crossdressers are not women, even if the CDer was very feminine in their personality I still don't think so ... CDers have certain "extras" that are reminders and aren't required during intimate moments!

I think women in same sex relationships want just that ... the same sex!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The Lesbians I know aren't looking for girl with exterior plumbing unless shes bi. hun
    Angie

I was dressed while in a bar in Vegas just this week. On Tuesday it was ladies night (or lesbian nights). I started talking to this amazingly beautiful girl and her female companion. We were together over an hour and we had a great time. But it was also the Wet T Shirt night contest and she was going to enter. As we were talking, her girlfriend suggested that she wear her wife beater T shirt rather than her gorgeous red blouse with the black Victoria Secret bra. She readily agreed to take it off. Woah...what an opening. I quickly said if you wear her Tshirt, then I get to wear your bra and blouse. They laughed out loud and gave me a high five. I was sort of one of them. All night I was part of their little group, and while I never had any thoughts of being anything but one of the girls....it was such a nice time.
    Kristen

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Some bars are known to be lesbian. Would it work out if a crossdresser went there to get a girlfriend or accepting wife? Or maybe lesbians don't dig crossdressers, then only like women / women sex? Has anyone tried this and been successful in a lesbian bar? Were there pretty women there too? What was their reaction to you as a crossdresser hitting on them? Tell us about your experiences!

Or do you have to just go to a gay bar instead?

my experience has been if she is a lesbian, she only wants other girls, if she is bi-sexual maybe she will be interested..i have found that if you go to a lesbian bar to have fun and meet people , they can be fun, but to go there to try and pick up someone, not a real good idea

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    The first time that my wife went out with me (while I was dressed), we were in Portland Oregon and went to a gay and lesbian bar for dinner. After dinner we went down the street to a female impersonation club. My wife said that she had a great time. I had attended a convention in Portland several months before and we went to both of these places; so I felt very comfortable going back.
    Dana Ryan

I've had some really cool freindships with Lesbians. They were very supportive of my dressing. They are not sexually interested in men,including CD's.

bisexual clubs?? Where??

I would like to make some friends at such a bar. I wouldn't ask anyone there to be something theyare not (i.e., attracted to me). After all, that is what most of us are asking.

Be careful what you wish for

If you go to a bar looking to pick someone up, you're much more likely to leave with a man than with a woman. That goes for straight bars, gay bars and lesbian bars. If you go to have a good time with no expectations and give people a chance to judge you as you without an agenda, then you are more likely to find someone.

I've thought of several points;

1. There is no test for entrance to a lesbian bar, or lesbian night. There are any number of guys and straight women at a lesbian venue.
    2. Many women who go to lesbian bars are bi and not gay.

Now while this makes the possiblity of finding someone interested in a CD better, going to a lesbian venue looking for a partner is not the right attitude. You can go to dance, have a good time, talk and network with the girls. If you play it cool and do not hit on the girls, then some might be intrigued enough to approach you.

I go to lesbian nights quite often with my t-girl friends and we have plenty of girls approach us. Some have hit really heavily on some of our cuter members (age not a factor!). Now admitedly most of these girls appeared to be hetero or bi, but a few were lesbians.

When will people, even here, realize that life, love, and attraction is not binary?!? Yes, they call themselves lesbians.....Does that mean that none of them have ever been attracted to anyone but other females?
    Sally

Semi Sane innocent angel
    If any thing is going to happen, they will come to you.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

The Drag clubs are the best place for meeting women. Gays have what you call "fag hags" who are women who chase gay men. CDers have a version of this also. Women who seek out CDers. They sometimes go to Drag clubs. Lesbian bars may or may not have women there who want to meet you. I would rank these as choice 1 and choice 2 with a gay bar choice 4. Choice 3? A straight club.

Silver Member
    I have often wondered about gay and lesbian bars. First of all I am not someone who even goes to bars but if I did how would I know where these types of bars are? I have lived in a city of 35,000 population for 25 years and have never heard of such a place here. Is there a list of such places on the internet? How does one go about finding these kinds of bars?

Some bars are known to be lesbian. Would it work out if a crossdresser went there to get a girlfriend or accepting wife? Or maybe lesbians don't dig crossdressers, then only like women / women sex? Has anyone tried this and been successful in a lesbian bar? Were there pretty women there too? What was their reaction to you as a crossdresser hitting on them? Tell us about your experiences!

Or do you have to just go to a gay bar instead?
    Hi I hang at a Lesbian Bar in Philly Pa. , I have found they think we are realy good at crossdressing and understand who we are . they crossdress to in away too . One important thing . do not try to pick them up , they will pick you up if they are interested . I know alot crossdress who married and the wife is Bi. Good Luck

Silver Member

depends

best place to meet people interested in Us is in a drag bar but unfortunatly these places are fairly rare outside of our very large cities---I've gone to Lesbian joints quite a few times and occasionally have hooked up but I wouldn't go to one with that expectation---usuually are looking for a different kind of plumbing---one thing you can be sure of though is that you will be one of the prettiest girls there.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joann0830 View Post
    I told her that there used to be a plce in the City called Club 82 that was just like it and it was So Much fun. When in New York Try and go but google it and see what its all about first. Joann0830
    As a kid, every Sunday I would look in the Daily News to see their ad. I dreamed about someday going there! It's amazing how far CDing has come, but meeting accepting women is still a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    I've gone to Lesbian joints quite a few times---one thing you can be sure of though is that you will be one of the prettiest girls there.
    Really?

Then that would be one gorgeous CD because the Boston lesbian clubs have lots of cute girls!!
    Sally