Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it OK to ask GGs about their clothes?

Is it OK to ask GGs about their clothes?

As you can judge by my screen name, I'm a huge skirt suit fan. Today, two salespeople came to the shop, one was a nice, skinny, pretty woman wearing a black skirt suit, nude hose and fairly high heeled black pumps. My question is when and if it's OK to ask a woman about the clothes she's wearing?

I of course didn't say anything because she was with a male coworker and I'm not sure I would have said anything anyway - but I really would like to know if it would just creep out a GG if I complemented her on her suit and asked about the label. I pretty sure just about any woman would have suspections about a guy asking about her clothes, but I just don't know...

All the Best,
    Skirt Suit

PS - I really would like to know the brand of hosiery, but I think that's a little beyond the pale.

If you are married, you can always ask saying something like "I think my wife would look great in that style". If you are single, well that may not be so easy. You could simply compliment her on the outfit, and see where that goes.

As to hosiery, yeah, that's a bit over and above a simple compliment. My favorite brand is Silkies and they fit WONDERFULLY, I wear them every day under my drab male clothing.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Barbara
    I have dnoe that, just ask a stranger about her cloths, where did she get them they look wonderfull, etc... and have always gotten a big smile and lots of information. What a compliment to them as here is a man noticing and saying how great they look!
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    I think simply complimenting her on her outfit will help you determine just how she feels about it. If she seems genuinely flattered, then it opens the conversation for further discussion. If she seems a bit reserved, simply leave it at the compliment to her taste and move along.

I don't think there is ever an appropriate time to discuss a woman's undergarments.... unless they are already lying on your floor. That is a big no-no especially in the work place.

Just remember, complimenting is fine, but obsessing will either give you away (if you are in the closet) or make you seem a bit on the perv side (though that would be rather extreme questioning of the garments really).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

One thing's for sure - I going upstairs to put on a black skirt suit, nude hose and black pumps. Can't decide between the Zelda, the INC, or the Jones New York...

All the Best,
    Skirt Suit

I was out to dinner with my wife one night last summer when the same question arouse. This stunning young woman was at the bar a couple of feet away from us and she had this amazing black skirt outfit with a baby blue top and just looked amazing. My wife noticed me looking in her direction and not paying to much to our conversation when she asked what I was looking at. I pointed the youg woman out and commented on her stunning outfit and said that I would like to know where she got it. Well to my surprize my wife said to go and ask her. So I politely walked over to her and told her how stunning that her outfit was and was curious as to where she might have gotten it. The young woman blushed a bit and asked me why I wanted to know and I simply told her how I had to have such an outfit. She just smiled and told me that she got it at Macy's and that it was on sale. I thanked her and when my wife joined up with us she stated that she had numerous comments on this outfit and she didn't relize how nice it was till after she bought it. It all went well but you have to be sincere in your approuch when it comes to womean and there clothing.

Love Always,
    Wendi,

I comment on the clothes woman wear to them all the time they are glad to talk about them,I'll agree its best to be leering over them just a nice conversation.

Only once have I asked a GG where she got the outfit she was wearing. I told her that it may look great on my wife and want to show my wife. Once they know you don't have an alternate motive, they will usually tell you. I thanked her and went on my way.

I have a number of co-workers that I will approach and ask about their outfits or shoes. Usually it's a casual remark like "Hey, those shoes are cute", or "That's a nice outfit", more often than not they will respond with "Thanks, I got it at (insert store name here)". Try it sometime, just make sure you sound sincere in your comments. Who knows.. you might find an unknown supportive contact for future shopping adventures. (that is of course, if you come out to them).

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    I don't think there is ever an appropriate time to discuss a woman's undergarments.... unless they are already lying on your floor. That is a big no-no especially in the work place.
    lol

As for the rest of the clothes I guess it depends on the woman, some will take it as a compliment others may think it a bit weird if they accept it as a compliment then go ahead and ask about the items she's wearing
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

When I see a woman in a dress, etc. that I like or shoes I like I simply complement her on them. Never had a negative response and often a very positive one. We all like complements. Why else would we post pictures of ourself here?

I've complimented women many times on their clothing. I've never had any negative reaction to the compliments. But, I've never broached the subject of their hose or unders! There are some hills you can die on and that might just be one of them.
    Vivian

Sure, you can ask a woman anything about her clothes. In my experience a simple compliment opens the door to her telling you everything about it. Hell, I think that was one of my biggest flirting tools when I was single.
    [SIZE="3"] + = Kayla Glass[/SIZE]

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    Yes, absolutely. Although male mode you might be taken for gay or even FTM!

"Don't stomp your little last season Prada shoes at me, honey." in Legally Blonde.

"Cute shoes!" "Thanks! I found them at Anthropologie." "Anthropologie has shoes? No way!" "Yeah! They're up on the second floor..." in She's The Man.
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

Thanks, everyone.

Tomorrow I think I'll stand at the corner of 16th and Walnut and try "complementing" all the nicely dressed women that walk by (ha! ha!).

Seriously though, I probably would have complemented the sales woman as she was leaving if she had been alone or with another woman. Another case where being shy doesn't necessarily help. If I'm to find an accepting SO, we might as well start talking about something we have in common - a love for nice female clothes!

All the Best,
    Skirt Suit

I compliment a co-worker all the time, but she actually deserves it. I never ask where she got a particular item, the label or her underwear, as I am in the closet. Though I have mentioned how stylish she is wearing certain things. Yes, I have given her some pretty good hints. We are good friends and I would not mind her guessing why I ask such questions.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    lol

As for the rest of the clothes I guess it depends on the woman, some will take it as a compliment others may think it a bit weird if they accept it as a compliment then go ahead and ask about the items she's wearing
    Did I ever mention I love your new avatar?! I just about laughed out loud when I saw it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think it's fine to compliment a woman on her clothes but be cautious on how you say it and your "inference" ... and I rarely say anything to women that I don't know.

Before I married Marla I would usually say something like. "I hope you don't mind me saying, but I just love your dress (skirt/blouse). It's very similar to the sort of thing my girlfriend wears .... I just love that look (style or color etc)".

But whatever you do, don't "go over the top" on the compliment and don't stare.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

You can't go wrong with an honest, friendly compliment about a person's looks. It's as simple as that.

Good Question!

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    . . .I don't think there is ever an appropriate time to discuss a woman's undergarments.... unless they are already lying on your floor. That is a big no-no especially in the work place. . .
    Couldn't agree more - I think there is no appropriate time to comment on a woman's undergarments unless you are intimate with her.
    Now her hair, makeup, and clothes, thats a different story. I spend a LOT of time in Airports. You see a lot of ladies dressed professionally for work, and a lot dressed for returning home to meet family, friends, and lovers. In other words, you see a lot of well dressed and well put together ladies. If we happen to be waiting in the same gate area, and she looks really awesome, I have on more than one occasion told her so.
    "Wow, that's a beautiful skirt", or "I love your hair! Thats just awesome!" or something like that. I HAVE wondered like you though, if your typical woman accepts this as the compliment it is intended as, or thinks I'm hitting on her, or thinks I'm weird.
    Damn! I guess in the end I'm just as confused as you are and would love to hear what the GG's have to say.

There are some girls at work with whom I feel quite comfortable commenting about their outfits (or even asking for a better look). Sometimes they'll blush a bit but always will smile and may follow with a short comment.

Sometimes I have to restrain myself from saying more than I should...

In my experience, woman love being complimented on their clothes. Most women spend a lot of time and energy putting together outfits that they think look nice. So, for a man to comment on what they are wearing is a big bonus. You have to be somewhat careful about how you do this, A simple "Wow you look great. That is a great outfit" will go a long way.

That being said there is a woman in my office who has some of the most fantastic sweaters I have ever seen (sweaters being one of my passions). I have never said anything to her about them for two reasons.
    1. She is not the type you give compliments to.
    2. I am not sure I could pull off a casual compliment and I don't want to start gushing.

The point here is you have to pick your spots and know your audience, but in the majority of cases a compliment about a woman's outfit or look will get you nothing but a positive result.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    One time I was walking in a clothing store en femme and I saw a sales clerk with a wonderful pair of boots on. I just had to say something so I walked over and complimented her on how well put together she was and how I especially loved her boots.

She looked straight into my face, her jaw dropped, she paused for a few seconds, something registered in her brain, she smiled and then proceeded to thank me and then tell me the story of how she bought these boots at a store in Texas.

I think that in this case the compliment went well
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

I have complimented the dress of many a pretty GG, friend and stranger, and have NEVER had a negative reaction so far. The reactions have always been pleasant to gushing.

Now among my GG friends who know I am a CD, we discuss lingerie, hose, bodyshapers - because I have spent a lifetime researching the subject.. . I tend to give them advice on bra styles, fits, recommend waist cinchers, etc.

So I guess, if your motives are not predatory, you will be well received.

Shalini

pure and simply direct but respectfully done is the best approach. as said above, if you seem nervous or creepy or obsessive, the gigs up!
    but i was feeling particularly nervy the other day, i complimented the girl who sold me fish food on her eye liner and asked her secret. since it obviously couldn't have been for me and i seemed so natural about it, i hope, she was all smiles and helpfulness! i may show her a photo soon, she's a cosmetology student on the side, but promise to show all of you first.
    hope it works...
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song