Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Like Male Clothing?

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar

Do You Like Male Clothing?

As a follow up to my thread on feeling uncomfortable shopping in the men's department and seeing that many of you just don't like buying male clothing, my next question is (and I know what my answer is - because my femme side tells me everything, we are kinda close to each other that way...errr I digress)...

Are there any of you who actually enjoy male clothing at all?
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    OK, maybe I'm strange, but I love both

Charlene

The thing about men's clothes is that there really aren't any that anybody would even bat an eye at if a GG wore it. Men's clothes are boring and unisex at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel75
    The thing about men's clothes is that there really aren't any that anybody would even bat an eye at if a GG wore it. Men's clothes are boring andunisex at best.
    Not quite true, actually. When I wear a really snazzy suit and tie, I know I look good....or at least as good as I look, anyway. But that feels good. And if a woman were to wear the same thing, she'd be viewed differently than she would if she were wearing more traditional clothing. This isn't true for shirts and ties alone...I see that a lot. But a full-blown men's suit....women still really can't get away with that. If it were a men's style suit, but tailored for a woman, it would then classify as a woman's suit, tie and all. But still, it would be a rarity. It's like the last bastion of true male clothing. And even that is under attack from trendy female fashion slaves.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I ware a button down shirt and some casual pants quite allot. It's comfortable. But not what I want to ware.

Sure I like guy clothes Melissa. I look pretty snazzy in a suit and tie, especially as Sal (which I posted on my avatar a month or so ago). Actually Hon, the clothes are the least of it for me, the feelings are what count. I thought I looked pretty good today in denim work clothes as Sal, even if I wasn't quite into it. Doesn't really matter what you wear, guy clothes, girl clothes or a bunny suit, the spirit shines through when it is evident, if you know what I mean.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I enjoy dressing nice either way.

I do have some men's clothing I like, but I rather enjoy the feeling of women's clothing. It's just the way they feel and move against my skin that seems to soothe and relax me.

Wow, I am a minority here! I do love to dress up in male form and the stuff do turn heads! Living in Hong Kong, men can be very fashionable and the boys loves their labels just as much as the girls. I CD to turn me on and I dress to turn the girls on! Interesting comparison though.

When in male mode it's mainly T-shirt and Jeans. Though lately it's been the ladies version of both. Men's suits are BORING, ties are devices of the devil, and most men's shoes look exactly the same. Speaking of ties, I would willingly trade my ties for any (normal) article of women's clothing that GG wants. My wife complains about wearing bras. I'd rather wear that than my tie.

I have never enjoyed buying clothes, but as you may have guessed I always gazed at the womens clothes when going to buy the "drab" things that we must wear to look "normal". Now that I am more out of the closet than ever before I would love to be able to spend some time in the womens section, but am still quite timid. Thank god for the internet.....lol

I like mens clothes just not as much as i use too. But do have alot of really cool dragon shirts. I like mens pants just not jeans. As for a suit and tie not my style. Any girl clothing is way better then a wearing a suit and tie.
    Either way i like both styles.
    Last edited by crusadergirl; 04-01-2008 at 11:21 PM.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

i think there is such a thing as male glamour!
    a nice armani suit silk shirt and designer tie well made light leather shoes a white cashmere scarf with a snazzy coat and a cocky hat?
    beeing austrian probably has soething to do with that.a wear a suit around here sometimes just to tell the world that i am not a bum after all and it makes me feel special beeing a glamourous male.turns on the ladies too!although most of my friends ask me what wake i am going to.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

of course!

I am one of the group who enjoys both genders. Clothes? I'll give a couple of examples:

1) new 3-piece suit, dark red shirt, tasteful purple tie, cordovan shoes, soft bikini or thong male underwear (okok....or VS cotton thongs!).

2) Black tux, frilled white shirt, cumberbun, shiny black shoes, tied black bow tie!

Both these outfits feel great, look great, etc. What's not to like?

tina.

I don't hate it. I'm indifferent. It's either boring, or not expressive in the way I'd "like" to express myself.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by melissacd View Post

I don't own any.

No, it sucks. Bleh!

I don't like any male clothing!

Karen Sue

Hate most male clothing. The only thing I like are colorful silk shirts. Now women's clothes - fun and glamour. So many different styles, fabrics, colors, patterns, skirt lengths. I know why a woman's closet needs all kinds of room. The choices are endless. And that's just the outer clothes. Factor in ubderewear, shoes with different heel heights, colors, decorations, styles and then makeup, hair-dos, jewelry, perfume. Whea.
    What is there not to like about all of that.
    Dawn

A BIG NO!!! UGLY!! Just horrible! Just look at going to a formal event.. Guys get to wear what? a black tux.. OOOHH How exciting! But women get to wear beautiful gowns of various colors, gorgeous jewelry, the bag HAS to match and my god.. The SHOES!! I'm getting dizzy thinking of it! I'm going to a formal TG event in Long Island in a couple weeks and can hardly breathe thinking about it! I will post pics!!

I actually enjoy being able to "dress up" every now and again in my normal clothes to be honest.

I've got a function to attend that the dress code is smart casual so i've gone out and bought a black shirt with dark blue pinstripes and a black raised felt swirl over it, team that with my black slacks and black shoes i reackon i'll look alright.

Both my wife and my girlfriend have seen it and love it!
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    I am one of the group who enjoys both genders. Clothes? I'll give a couple of examples:

1) new 3-piece suit, dark red shirt, tasteful purple tie, cordovan shoes, soft bikini or thong male underwear (okok....or VS cotton thongs!).

2) Black tux, frilled white shirt, cumberbun, shiny black shoes, tied black bow tie!

Both these outfits feel great, look great, etc. What's not to like?

tina.
    YUK!! If you've ever worked in the entertainment business these are work clothes and lose their specialness real quick! If you're in the entertainment business and you're a woman, you get to wear the latest and most beautiful fashions! A different gorgeous designer gown at every event.. Imagine looking sooo gorgeous and having all the cameras clicking away, heart racing everyone telling you how beautiful you look! Cloud 9!!!

they are ok. Bought a pair of young womens jeans (19 years old here) and they are the most comfortable pants I have warn other than sweats. So I thought liking how close of a fit they are I would go buy the same thing only male jeans. Not the case. They are uncomfortable and just don't work, all my femm items are much more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by melissacd View Post
    Since I still have to use male clothes, it is necessary for me to shop for them from tme to time... I really do it as a chore...

In drab I tend to dress without any interest for my look...

I know I should. After all if as I often claim, my feminity is inside me, I should keep the feminine interest for nice clothes even when I dress as a man...

A GG friend told me that I should pay more attention to my male clothes and my style... I think she's right... Bu I have to work at it...

Eugenie

I do not like male clothing, I have always loved womens fashions