Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Were Independently Wealthy

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar

If You Were Independently Wealthy

I have done a lot of pondering on this and it may seem to some of you like this is a silly question but I will ask it anyway.

First of all, you need to park how you feel that the significant others in your life (wife/girlfriend, siblings, parents, children, co-workers, friends) will feel about this and keep the response focussed on purely the economics. I think that if you can separate that part you can give yourself a more honest answer about how you really feel about all of this.

So the question is, if you were independently wealthy, so in effect, how you were perceived would not affect your livelihood, could you conceive of the possibility of dressing 7/24? Now in this 7/24 mode it is up to you if you want to get rid of facial hair, take hormones and have facial feminization surgery (but you are not allowed to have SRS). This is about whether the femme side is deep enough to allow you to dress all the time in that mode.

To me, honestly confronting this question can have significant meaning, at least it does to me. I know that if I did not have to worry about the effect that it would have on my ability to live then in a heartbeat I would never wear a stitch of male clothing again. This is an important discovery for me because I was never sure how deeply this ran for me but I can see that part clearly now.

I am interested to see how others feel about this.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Semi Sane innocent angel

SIgn me yup

Doing hair removal and hormones. Sign me up for FFS.

I don't know for sure, but I'd dress a lot. I'd wear feminine clothing more often than not, I expect. But everything gets old after a while. When things become commonplace, they are no longer special. I'm sure that at first, I'd hit it pretty hard. After some time, though, I'd likely back off a bit. Hard to say.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Hmmmm............. Pink coveralls, for when I'd be working on my collection of classic cars. I could get used to the life style in a hurry.

In reality ? I'd do the works. And I'd be happy, but for how long ? I'm one that I couldn't live alone. I need my lovely wife, and she wouldn't go for it. Sometimes you have to chose whats more important.

Absolutely not. I appreciate my masculinity every bit as much as my femininity, and I can go months without dressing. Sometimes the urge is just gone (and when this happens, I actually kind of miss it). However, I'm going to add that if I was independently wealthy, I would be out to the world. In fact, this is my ultimate goal in life. Once I get well enough established, I will let the whole world know who I am, and that I am proud of it.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

Exclamation

I would definately indulge in any and all electrolysis/hair removal. Also, I could see beginning a light dosage of hormones, and I would strongly consider getting a breast augmentation.

All that said, my life wouldn't change too greatly, as I'd still be an effeminate man in NY. l'd love to work in a more feminine profession than law, such as an art gallery or in fashion (A bit stereotypical, but something that would really be awesome). Would also really like more feminine hobbies, such as dance, ballet or yoga.

Ok, with all that said, where's my money ?

I gotta live a guy life too and I don't beleive in sex changes. So no hormones, facial feminization, or surgeries. Only electrolysis.

For myself, money is the least of it. Who I am as Salandra by definition is mostly what it is all about for me. I have obligations, other than the normal ones and that is what my quest for balance was all about. I have already proven in principle I can be anyone I want to be and am equally capable of fulfilling either role. I almost did it once before but something stopped me short. That "something" tells me that this is who I have to be and being just one or just the other will not cut it. This allows me the latitude to be either or both or neither as needed and that is what works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sure,I'd dress 24/7 if there was a way. Only one thing. Cruddy old male clothes are better for grubby jobs and weather extremes. I live in the Northern Midwest and it was both muddy and snowy and about 45 degrees outside today and I hate to think of what that would do to some nice boots and a fairly long skirt. Also,when the weather is at it's hottest in July or August I prefer a grubby pair of gym trunks and a skimpy T-shirt. But to dress 24/7 without any worries and if I was independently wealthy all the same,I'd have hired help to do all of my grubby jobs for me and I'd live in my dreamhouse with climate controlled central heat and central air!

I don't know about the hormones and all that stuff. I'd have to say no. I don't consider myself to be TS. Some of my freinds are and there's nothing the matter with that if that's what you are. I'm a CD and I can't think of anything more exciting than getting to be en fem at least %98 of the time for good. There would still be ocaisional times when I would have to be in male mode such as family reunions and stuff I sometimes do with freinds.

For me i wouldn't dress 24/7 and i wouldn't give up my other side. I would keep things mostly the same but i would dress more then i do now. I would just be entertaining my fans and having alot of fun with both sides.
    The world is going to find out about me anyways.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Independintley wealthy, and not have to worry about what others would think??? I am pretty sure I would be spending alot of time with many doctors doing their thing, then it would be off for a grand shopping spree.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

I'd finally get to be both of me.

Independently wealthy would mean I could put untold resources into the smooth and rapid transition between genders. I would split time 50/50 and take the best of both worlds! Fantastic!

tina

If I were wealthy, yes I'd dress 24/7, no hesitation!!

Without a doubt! No hesitation at all.

I think I may be transgendered and believe I should have been born female.. 100% FFS, Hormones, breast implants the works.. I would transition and move to a place where nobody knew me, start over and go stealth.. Money, family, and stability not an object? Absolutely.. That is where I'd be.. It still may be where I'm going.. I don't yet know.. I have a family that I love dearly, and a job that is a dream! However as I get older the urge/pull to be perhaps what I was supposed to be is getting greater..

24/7, eh?
    Hmmm, ok initially my first reaction would have been "Absolutely! Sure!", given the criteria but then reality quickly sets in and I remember that the truth is I'm really just me, and having lived as being just me for this long without any major issue or depression or guilt or fear or all that negativity that seems to cloud many of our lives, I could never "choose a side" in that sense. The middle ground is where I live....

... so no, I don't think I could do 24/7... but hey, if you ever decide to offer 18.5/5.25, you let me know!

jenn

I like this question, anyway if I was independently wealthy, yes long ago I would have had electrolysis done, and and FFS done, and been living 24/7 enfemme. I have daydreamed about being wealthy and living 24/7 as a woman. And I would not hide my femme persona from my family. what family member would shun a wealthy relative, even if he lived as a woman.

if i had money id change absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by StayceeCD View Post
    I think I may be transgendered and believe I should have been born female.. 100% FFS, Hormones, breast implants the works.. I would transition and move to a place where nobody knew me, start over and go stealth.. Money, family, and stability not an object? Absolutely.. That is where I'd be.. It still may be where I'm going.. I don't yet know.. I have a family that I love dearly, and a job that is a dream! However as I get older the urge/pull to be perhaps what I was supposed to be is getting greater..
    stacy im angela living most of the time in fem and only wish it was24/7 and thats getting real close its at the point where i cant cover up anymore my breast for one the way i look and feel and talk /act/and dress the hell with it im me take it or leave it im lucky i have 38/c girls all to myself love ya angie

Banned Read only
    I would enjoy giving most of it away.

If money wasn't the issue I wouldn't think twice about becoming the woman I always wanted to be through surgery,hormones,electrolysis or whatever else it would take. No question, no doubt in my mind.

Jenny L

If I were independantly wealthy. I would have a VERY Private Estate were I could dress however and whenever I wanted.

Would I dress 24/7? Probably not
    Would I have Electrolysis for the excess hair? No
    Would I take hormones? No
    Would I buy another set of Breast Forms? Yes
    Would I have alot more womens clothes? Yes

Overall I am very happy with the person that I am, and woudl change my personal being much. Although life sure would be alot easier, not worrying where the next mortgage payment was coming from.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Yeah. I think I would. If the only issue at hand was money...sign me up. FFS, hormones, electrolysis...I'm there.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melissacd View Post
    So the question is, if you were independently wealthy, so in effect, how you were perceived would not affect your livelihood, could you conceive of the possibility of dressing 7/24? Now in this 7/24 mode it is up to you if you want to get rid of facial hair, take hormones and have facial feminization surgery (but you are not allowed to have SRS). This is about whether the femme side is deep enough to allow you to dress all the time in that mode.
    If money wasn't a problem......in order of preference:
    (1) I would DEFINITELY get rid of ALL body hair.
    (2) Have liposuction on my mid-section (probably a tummy-tuck, too).
    (3) Possibly then have breast augmentation.
    (4) Then, I would consider FFS.

After all that, I could see myself enfemme 24/7
    Last edited by Alana65; 04-02-2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Additional information

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Thanks so far to all who responded. The important part of this question is to get a sense of how deep the feminine side of us runs so it really is not about money or the ability to get things done, it is about, in effect, if there were nothing stopping you from dressing 7/24 would you? I am 100% certain that I would.

Now the important thing is I am looking for people to honestly introspect here and that is why anything else like surgery or hormones is not necessarily part of the question because I am not asking if you hate your male biology (I don't dislike being a male) just whether you would dress 7/24. I guess to me the clothing is more resonant with who I am as a person, it expresses my creativity, it allows me to feel comfortable in this world. It feels right to me. Changing my assigned plumbing does not feel right to me but dressing in a feminine way does.

One of the things I was questioned on one time was the fact that I would love to live 7/24 en femme but I did not want to be re-assigned to female biology. Somehow it seemed odd to that person that I could want to live looking like a woman but still want to remain biologically a male (that sounds like a question for a separate thread). I do not find that odd at all. I am okay with biologically being a male, it is the clothing that I have always had a problem with.
    Last edited by melissacd; 04-02-2008 at 06:50 AM.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

bEEb
    Nah. I enjoy being a dude as well ... (even more so actually)