Thread: Advice please

Advice please

Hi everyone. I know I am not your favorite person but I have a question. You all know I am a little crazy regarding the dressing. I have an appointment on April 11 to get a makeover, afterwards I have a 2 hr appointment with a gender therapist, She wants to take me shopping afterwards with another woman from there cross dressing group. I am starting to get cold feet now that it is a week away. The therapist is trying to make an entire day for me and I am scared to death, any advice, I want to call and cancel everything. I am just afraid it is just my nerves.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    She probably wants to see how comfortable you are as a woman, and how committed. It will help her understand your gender issues, if any.

So, be honest sis...why are you nervous about an all day dressup? The answer will help you understand yourself.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

its nerves, hun.
    please don't even think of any kind of test, its a chance to display what it is you're aspiring towards, with company! so, please show them your heart, your direction.
    be the perfect fit and you are!
    and i've never had any qualms about your postings here!
    we're all in the same boat, sis.
    love,
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

I agree with Emily and Jessie Hon. Keep the appointment. You owe it to yourself to find out.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

laceyjessica....if you have gone out dressed before, then this should be a no-brainer. If this is your first time, then I can understand your nerviousness, but don't let that detour you from going and having a great time.

Hi Lj you all ready giveve up to much to get to this poit do this one day and than make up your mind.

Plese PM me if you want.

Your Friend
    Dan

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Think of it as having two very supportive GG friends along with you on your big shopping excursion........and "go with the flow". Peace & happiness be with you.

Alana
    Last edited by Alana65; 04-02-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: misspelling of a word

The first time I went out in public, I was shaking like a leaf.
    I went into a Royal Farms store to get a soda, waited in line for about five minutes before I was able to pay for it and leave.
    That was it, went back home and relaxed a bit.

The thing that halped me to relax while I was in the store, was a guy behind me... He was engaging in conversation with me, and it seemed like he was trying to get to know me. I was still a bit nervous, but at least I passed in his eyes. That helped.

~Sandy~
    P.S. He didn't ask for my phone number.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keep the appointment. Remember to breathe. Try to relax, and think of the positives: You will have two people with you for support.

Imagine the fear that a CD/TG who is going out by herself has for the first time.

Just go for it hun. Could be fun And it is SHOPPING!!!
    Angie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

LJ, u have over a week to think about it

If u r going to worry about this for that long, no matter what u decide, u mite feel SURE u did the wrong thing later.

Maybe u should call your therapist and tell him/her that U may decide not to go. But want to wait awhile to decide. Maybe if that's ok with him/her, u will relax a bit and be able to decide what u REALLY want to do!

I would go nuts worrying about this for 10 days!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just do it. It sounds like a great once in a lifetime thing. Consider that these people will be there to 'protect' you and it will be fun.

LJ I have only ever gone out once dressed which was late February, I had my knickers all in a twist and then drove to my local chameleons meeting and drove back, I stepped into the door of the flat with such a huge smile on my face and wondered what all the fuss was about. Mind you I am sure i will go through the same emotions again until I do it more often.

Relax deep breath and go for it girl, you will enjoy it.

Stefanie

thanks everyone

I am just getting the jiteres I think, I am just afraid of somethng/nothing, I dont know. What do I wear, do I shave completely,I am cheap, the stylist said I need to buy a wig, a real nice wig, not the $30 ones I have, She said she would work with me on the price but I need something that fits and looks right. I talked to the therapsit yesterday, because I am driving to another town she suggested a 2 hr appointment, and she knows I have the makeover pior to seeing her and cant wait to meet Jessica. She said she has been trying hard to get some things lined up for us to do, so I can enjoy the day enfemme. OMG it sounds so exciting, maybe a dream come true, but my heart is racing a million miles and hour. I am thankful for all the encouragement, I need it,lol

love Jess

Banned Read only
    You seem to have calmed down, LaceyJ. That's good. You're first posts were frantic and frustrated us all. You pleaded for advice and then, with scores of sensible options presented to you, you ignored us all. It was a terrrible slap.

But, babygirl, you're still here, and we'll still talk to you.

Make your appointment, dear. It's what you've wanted all this time. The more you procrastinate, the more nervous you'll get, wondering "what if..."

If I had an appointment scheduled like yours a week away, I'd be in the waiting room already...

deja

Silver Member
    Lacey, Definitely keep the appointments for your makeover and the therapist. These are professional people who have delt with your type of situation many times. As for your outfit - wear clothes and shoes that you are very comfortable in, but are appropriate for a casual "talk" and shopping. Maybe wear jeans and a button down blouse to the makeover (as you don't what to mess your new look by pulling clothes over your head) and ask to change into your other outfit at the salon. These events will be a big confidence boost for you! Please keep us informed as to how you are doing.

Enjoy life, Chari

To save some bucks on the wig, why don't you get that taken care of now? Pick up the phone and call some wig salons and ask if it is okay for you to come in as a male to try on a female wig. Then just go and do it. Remember these places have guys visit all the time for different reasons...wife sent me, male hair, in a play, I'm in a rock band, you can name a lot of reasons why you would go there.
    I did exactly this and bought a great wig in person for $100. I picked a small town mall and went in the morning on a less busy day of the week. They had a private fitting room and they let me try on almost every wig in the place. If the person selling the wig knows it is your first time and they think it is for occassional use they may give you a deal hoping you will come back again. I did try on a $300 wig that looked great, but I didn't want to spend that much and the sales lady in my case even thought it was a bit pricy. Given more preparation time you could save some money by finding your wig first by trying them on in person then wait for a sale or go online to order it. You have to support the small store though, but I'm not one for being fleeced either.
    Also, note...I did the fitting in all male mode and I picked the wig based on how feminine it made my face look from sides and front. I think this helps later once you go for the full makeover.

April 11th makeover ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

Gold Member
    yeah so what is the update?

i guess not.

[quote=laceyjessica;1248167]Hi everyone. I know I am not your favorite person

WHATAREYATALKINABOUTSILLY ! You just as good as any of us Hun.

We hear it said a lot " don`t let anyone stop you from doing what you want to" so i am saying don`t let anyone make you do what you might not want to , or at least at this time .

joanne