Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are female clothes comfortable?

Question Are female clothes comfortable?

I read the thread, Point and Purpose of Dressing 24/7 and there was a question asked that I would like to answer without taking anything away from that thread so here is a brand new one.

Docrobbysherry asked (also my wife asks the same thing):

What I don't understand is, so many people saying they r more comfortable in women's clothes.
    What's more comfortable than a loose shirt, jeans, and loafers? And it's so easy to put together. U don't even have to think about it! Just wear whatever is washed!

To answer the question:

There is a lot of comfort in a loose shirt, jeans, and loafers. But there is also a lot of comfort in being who you really are. Not saying that we are really women or all of us is gender dysphoric, but there is comfort in appealing to the inner gender. I agree that wearing a bra and pantyhose that bunches up at the waist, heels that hurt the feet after only five minutes of walking, and stuffing my body into 'shaping' lingerie, and poking my eye with mascara, and wearing a wig that starts itching because of the sweat in makes my head produce is not physically comfortable. It does however make me feel normal. It is spiritually comfortable. Now to be honest as well, I would rather not wear a bra, pantyhose, high heels, shaping lingerie, makeup, or a wig all the time and just relax in a nice satin gown or satin pj's. But there are times when I have to feel normal. And there is nothing more comfortable than being normal. Even if that means I am the only one that knows the answer of what is normal for me. What is normal for me is not normal for everybody. I hope that answers how women's clothing is comfortable. Please feel free to add on to this thread and add to my comments. Everybody is different and it would be a better answer with different viewpoints. Thank you Docrobbysherry for the question and thank you everyone for listening,

Amber
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

I find wearing women clothing feels great. When I am fully dressed and it is time to switch back, I find it disappointing. I wear panties and a bra almost every day and fine it compy. I find that high heels do hurt at first but once they are broke in, they feel great.

Interesting point Amber and I kind of agree with you. Feeling normal and comfortable and being free to be ourselves is what it's all about. I feel free being myself whether I'm Rich or Sal, although even now, I have a much better comfort level being en femme sometimes.Hard to break, you know?

Case in point is dancing at the club. Last weekend I went and had fun socializing with my friends and dancing as Rich and I always have just as much fun either way. I have noticed, however, that even with all of the gear on, pantyhose, padded panty, bra with forms, makeup and wig, it's much easier to dance in a dress than pants as I have to keep pulling the dang pants up and the dress gives me more freedom of movement and somewhat of an innate gracefulness that's a little harder to pull off en homme. Not to mention that for some strange reason, even dancing all night with all of that stuff on, I seem to sweat a lot less as Sal. Psychological? Perhaps, but fun nonetheless.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I love dressing and have gone almost 4 days dressed nonstop All except foe work wear panties all the time and find it very comfortable. But the time I spend not dressed makes it all that much more enjoyable. And I do love being Angie.
    Angie

Amber, I think you've made a very good point. I call dressing my comfort zone because in my mind, when I'm dressed, no matter if I'm wearing the tightest shaper, or a hot sweaty wig, I feel the comfort of my feminine self. It's a state of euphoria that can only be explained by ones own feelings. I can put the discomfort of some clothes aside for my total feminine experience. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

A skirt is FAR more comfortable than loose jeans...
    I have one I wear just kicking around the house, has plenty of width at the bottom for leg room/walking etc...

I have a lot of womens tank tops, they are snug and comfortable, loose is not comfortable to me especially if i"m lying down and roll over or something..

Plus it's just more comfortING to me to wear womens clothes
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I think I get now!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    A skirt is FAR more comfortable than loose jeans...
    I have one I wear just kicking around the house, has plenty of width at the bottom for leg room/walking etc...

I have a lot of womens tank tops, they are snug and comfortable, loose is not comfortable to me especially if i"m lying down and roll over or something..

Plus it's just more comfortING to me to wear womens clothes
    There's "comfortable" and then there's "comforting", or "comfort zone". As a CD, THOSE r feelings I can relate to! The words are quite similar, but mean different kinds of "comfort"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As one who has a body shape that is anything but the typical male type. I have a particularly difficult time finding male clothes that even fit as well as female clothes do on me. And yes, female clothes to me are far more comforting than wearing male clothes. They aid me in allowing the true femme self within to emrge and be confident. Something that I strongly lack in my everyday male life.

Dawn
    "Courage is being scared to death.............and saddling up anyway" John Wayne

".......the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression." -Thomas Jefferson

"I ain't here for a long time; I'm here for a good time......." George Strait

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Amber & Jill,

You succinctly said what I would like to have said.....thank you.

I like long skirts so a long skirt will feel more comfortable to me then trousers ( pants) but when i do wear trousers out it is female ones lot of the time, so you might ask why , well it is the material, female trousers (pants) seem to be made of a lot softer material than the male ones and i also prefer the style and fit .

joanne

Wink

Wearing woman’s clothes is very “comforting” and feel truly comfortable. I don’t really have some specific answer , but being all done up just feels right. When I’m not at work I am always in my girl mode. I always do my makeup and almost never wear anything but skirts. I only do my nails on the weekend, it’s the first thing I do when I get home Friday night.

No easy answer to this. For me to look even vaguely the right shape I need to wear a good girdle and a long bra. I can't honestly claim that I'm comfortable in those. However, I know that's what many women wore to look good and I am very happy to accept the same degree of discomfort that "real" women accept in order to look better.

Yesterday, before I had seen this thread, I had a couple of dressing hours available and had already decided to go for the "young miss" style, circa 1975. I wore a pretty, soft bra, top, panties, tights (about 20 denier), light knee length skirt and chunky heels. I rarely go without the firm underwear but this time I wanted to experience what the typical young woman of that period felt. It was good: very comfortable. Without my girdle I could feel the gentle hold of my tights on my legs and around my hips and I could feel the band and straps of my bra but I would not describe these as uncomfortable. My shoes are also comfortable - no pinching - though I don't know if they would be after longer wearing. All in all, the clothes felt wonderfully light compared with my male things. The skirt was so light that I really couldn't feel I was wearing it and my legs were completely free as I walked. Usually I am pushing against a strong girdle, but not yesterday. Everything stayed perfectly in place, nothing came apart and no need for any adjustments. Of course, I didn't like my profile very much and, had I really been that 1970s girl I would probably have enjoyed the comfort around the house but put a pantie girdle on before going out!

Is the Pope a Catholic?
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Female clothes are natural to me and I have been crossdressing as a guy all these years to please everyone that says I have male parts. I am a female in a male body!!!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I think the mental comfort I get when I am able to fully dress far outweighs and physical discomfort and once one has clothing that properly fits there is no discomfort, including heels and wigs. Two days ago I bought my first pair of woman's jeans and besides the great look I have to admit that they are more comfortable than my normal jeans. And it's not in my head.

There is physical comfort and there is mental comfort. Womans clothing gives me mental comfort even if the fit is not perfect, but is close. Panties give me both types of comfort, I find mens briefs and boxers uncomfortable, and juniors low rise jeans fit better than any male jeans except for the baggy styles that I don't like but wear often when in drab. I don't always get physical comfort and seldom mental comfort with mens clothing.

Pamela

No they are not,they feel akward and cumbersome to say the least. It's not like I was wearing a lot of tight clothing, but just clothes that women wear everyday to work or the grocery store. No thanks, I'll stick to what IS comfortable.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Give me a skirt and I am a happy and comfy girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleighann View Post
    Give me a skirt and I am a happy and comfy girl.

Me too!
    warmly, Linnea

Dressing is a comfort zone for me. thongs 24/7 fem jeans are so soft like thay are not there -also love shhorts and skirts

I have really come to injoy my feminine side but im truly fine with my male side as well. It’s like wiping my runny nose on my sleeve during the day when im working with the boys and using a pretty silk hankie when im at home by my self

})

Though I wear male clothes every day, to work, I wear panties underneath. I find male jeans much more comfortable with panties under them. When ever I dress femme, I feel much more at ease with myself. I wear nighties every night and change into femme clothes virtually every evening and on weekends, so I spend more time en femme than in male clothes. When I have to go back to my male clothes it not only feels less comfortable but somehow foreign to me. Male clothes for me are a necessary evil, dressing en femme is a pleasure. Yes, there are times when going out that I have to put on foundation garments that aren't the most comfortable, but the look achieved far outweighs the cost. Most of the time, though, I wear simple undergarments (panties, a bra, possibly stockings). As I spend more and more time dressed, I find myself gravitating to simple outfits that look good but are casual. I am trying to reach a zone where I dress as a woman would, not as a cross dresser would. Doesn't mean I am about to go out and get a bunch of ratty sweat suits or anything, but woman spend most of their time dressed comfortably. They still look feminine and so can we, doing the same thing if we take a bit of care. Yes, we have attributes that make it more difficult to look feminine, but that does not mean we can't pull a feminine look off while wearing casual and comfortable clothes.

Well in my opinion the "more comfortable" part is not a physical comfort thing - its mental. I feel more comfortable in my head. Pretty sure no one is gonna try and claim that high heels are more comfortable than flats. LOL

I've never felt anything that felt more right!

Everything but the heels

and of course a corset